Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Coulter Express Car Wash Coming Soon

Edmond New Coulter Express Car Wash Coming Soon

Construction at the new Coulter Express Car Wash location in Edmond (2nd & Kelly) is wrapping up and is expected to be completed early February!

Coulter Express, a local and family owned company, first opened their wash facility on 15th and I-35 in early 2019 and has since placed a location in The Village and now NW Edmond. The owner says they pride themselves on “premium customer service and wash quality. That’s what keeps our customers coming back. They feature the most sophisticated and technologically advanced wash equipment in the state and offer a deep clean to the vehicles they wash. Additionally, they were voted to be OKC’s #1 local car wash in 2022.

Coulter Express offers customers their first month free for unlimited washing with no hidden fees or charges unlike other businesses. Additionally, every location offers free vacuums, free compressed air, free towels, and free mat washing machines.

2. Default Re: New Coulter Express Car Wash Coming Soon

You really should be paying Pete for this advertisement

Default Re: New Coulter Express Car Wash Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    You really should be paying Pete for this advertisement
    Maybe he is just a car wash fan. lol

One has to wonder, with this car wash, Zips Car Wash less than 2 miles southwest, a new Club Car Wash going in 2 miles north of this, and 2 Okie Express Car Washes within 2 miles of this location, how many monthly car washes Edmond can support?

The Watershed car wash on 39th just west of Portland I have 2 cars on monthly unlimited monthly subscriptions is always busy. I'll wash one of my vehicles 3-4 times a week and the other one at least once a week. I easily get my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    The Watershed car wash on 39th just west of Portland I have 2 cars on monthly unlimited monthly subscriptions is always busy. I'll wash one of my vehicles 3-4 times a week and the other one at least once a week. I easily get my money's worth.
    What in the world do you do to need to wash your car 3-4 times/week - off-roading each night? And is there any paint left on it after a couple of years?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    What in the world do you do to need to wash your car 3-4 times/week - off-roading each night? And is there any paint left on it after a couple of years?
    I used to feel the same until I got a brand new black car. Okie dust makes it look dingy in 1 day.

Going through a wash that often is going to eventually erode the clear coat prematurely and expedite the oxidation process of the clear-lens headlights creating that yellowish foggy film.

Vehicle is ceramic coated and stays outside. Not concerned. I'm pretty vehicle savvy. It's not like it's being dry brushed. Soap is a good lubricant and the rinse is brushless. Having dirt and dust on the finish is harder on it than keeping it clean. But thanks for your concern. And it's not like I just go out and wash it that often but in my daily activities I go by the car wash location often and if I have an extra 10 minutes or so I run it through and use their compressed air to give the windows and mirrors a quick blow dry and I'm on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Vehicle is ceramic coated and stays outside. Not concerned. I'm pretty vehicle savvy. It's not like it's being dry brushed. Soap is a good lubricant and the rinse is brushless. Having dirt and dust on the finish is harder on it than keeping it clean. But thanks for your concern. And it's not like I just go out and wash it that often but in my daily activities I go by the car wash location often and if I have an extra 10 minutes or so I run it through and use their compressed air to give the windows and mirrors a quick blow dry and I'm on my way.
    Great, stoked it's working for you! Nothing at all wrong with wanting and having a clean vehicle. Just posting my experience. When the headlights on my then new truck started getting that yellowish fog, the detailer we use for clay-bar maintenance and waxing said to stop going through the automated wash so often. He explained the overuse of soaps and detergents on the plastic lenses eventually turns them yellow. At the time I at the time a monthly subscription for a car wash and would go through multiple times per week because of the convenience of passing right by it on my commute to and from work, and I enjoyed having a clean truck.

Replacement headlights for most vehicles like the ones I have are relatively cheap. $200 or less. What some people pay someone to recondition their headlights you are usually about 1/2 the cost of just replacing them. And the reconditioning never lasts. When I first signed up I got 3 months of unlimited washes per vehicle for $5 each vehicle. After the 3 months were up it switched to $17 for the first vehicle and $12 for the second vehicle. That is for their basic wash which if you paid each time is $6.

Thread Information