Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Broadway Extension: Our Autobahn.

1. Default Re: Broadway Extension: Our Autobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I guess you can characterize it how you want but OHP says they don't enforce it in urban areas.

https://www.governing.com/archive/tn...-oklahoma.html
    I'm posting the statue. Anything else is characterizing. That's the legal bottom line. That being said I'm very good friends with 4 OCOD and I've asked all of them about left lane infractions and they all said they wouldn't stop anyone unless there was an emergency vehicle involved. But the law says they should.

Default Re: Broadway Extension: Our Autobahn.

Lawmakers make laws. This was their intention:

“The state legislature passed it earlier this year and Governor Mary Fallin signed it into law in May. Both say they hope the new law will reduce road rage and give more room for emergency vehicles.”

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Lawmakers make laws. This was their intention:

“The state legislature passed it earlier this year and Governor Mary Fallin signed it into law in May. Both say they hope the new law will reduce road rage and give more room for emergency vehicles.”
    Certainly hasn't reduced forum rage.

Good gosh, today there were two cars driving north on the Broadway Extension toward Edmond - going at least 80 if not 85 mph! It seems a lot of people driving the extension have increased their speed to 75mph as an average. Going 80mph sure shortens the commute time, lol.

About 11;00am this morning I got on south bound 235 at 63rd street and a car in the middle lane slowed down to a crawl so it could take the next exit and yes they took the exit from the middle lane. Could've caused a deadly accident like the person that made a u-turn in the middle of Kilpatrick last week.

Driving north on the Broadway Extension the flow of traffic speed....between 75-80mph. Not kidding. Apparently between 5:30-6:30am that stretch of road is not patrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Driving north on the Broadway Extension the flow of traffic speed....between 75-80mph. Not kidding. Apparently between 5:30-6:30 that stretch of road is not patrolled.
    there is 0.00% chance anyone is driving 75-80 on Broadway Extension north bound monday-Friday at 5:30 ....... more like 20 mph ... (I drive it every day)

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Driving north on the Broadway Extension the flow of traffic speed....between 75-80mph. Not kidding. Apparently between 5:30-6:30 that stretch of road is not patrolled.
    are we talking about 5:30-6:30 AM????

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    are we talking about 5:30-6:30 AM????
    i wish there was a like button

Opps....yes, am not pm.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i wish there was a like button
    there is that reputation button.... just sayin! lol

I finally just figured out where that was. I am not sure everyone knows about it. I didn't till recently.

So that's how everyone gets all those green bars...

ODOT has finally taken an interest in presumably rush hour traffic on NB BWX from NW 122nd to the Kilpatrick. This week they've put out cameras all along there and other temporary traffic monitoring equipment. I travel that several times a week and it's atrocious there at rush hour.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    ODOT has finally taken an interest in presumably rush hour traffic on NB BWX from NW 122nd to the Kilpatrick. This week they've put out cameras all along there and other temporary traffic monitoring equipment. I travel that several times a week and it's atrocious there at rush hour.
    So we can expect changes in like 2045? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Once the I-44/235 interchange was finished, that opened up the bottleneck from N/S, but Hefner to Kilpatrick is 3 lanes.

Why is this one section 3 lanes each way but the entirely of the rest is 4 lanes each way? What a stupid design.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Once the I-44/235 interchange was finished, that opened up the bottleneck from N/S, but Hefner to Kilpatrick is 3 lanes.
    Yes, exactly! And there was a lot of talk/predictions about this happening on that construction thread. It's also completely locked up Edmond's N/S arterial roads from there as a result of the traffic being ushered so much faster up there. I'd argue the E/W arterial roads are awful also close to BWX and even close to Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why is this one section 3 lanes each way but the entirely of the rest is 4 lanes each way? What a stupid design.
    it very much needs to happen soon ... also North bound broadway ext .. to west bound KilpatrickTurnpike need to have 2 exit lanes .. it is backed up every day 5-6

Most of the issue is the merging onto Kilpatrick from N & S Broadway Ext, this pushes traffic back onto Northbound Broadway Ext. Coupled with the fact 122nd dumps onto Northbound Broadway Ext. near exit ramp. Just a total cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The narrower section at the Hefner bridge is the result of value engineering. The state ran into budget issues and had to adjust the design. It looks like ODOT is planning to fix it. ROW is in the current 8-year plan.

I don't care if someone wants to pass me. I'll move over. What I do have a problem with is if I'm in the far right lane and someone's on my tail. I chose the far right lane for a reason. There are three other open lanes to drive in.

The jackass driving 90 in the left lane may not always be a jackass. Years ago someone told me a story about how they had someone behind them driving fast and trying to get around them. They wouldn't let them pass and felt like since they were going the speed limit that the car behind didn't need to go any faster. When the car was finally able to get around and pass, they looked over to give the speeders the stink eye only to see a frantic couple, the woman with a baby in her arms screaming and crying. They were on the way to the ER. Were they risking further damage with the way they were driving? Possible. Would the baby have been safer in a car seat than in her arms? Hard to know since we don't know the condition of the child. Can you say that you would have handled it any differently or better? Best to move over, let them pass and remove yourself from the equation. It's not your job to be someone else's conscience.

As for traffic lights on city streets, Edmond has to be one of the worst. If their traffic lights are coordinated at all, they have to be coordinated in the most annoying way. Traveling between 15th and Boulevard to 2nd and Bryant the other day, there are 11 stop lights. In two miles. 2nd Street to Boulevard is eight stop lights. And so on. I'm not saying that none of those lights aren't necessary but Edmond has an exorbitant amount of lights. Part of the reason they do it is to slow traffic but if they studied the traffic at all they would see it causes people to speed to try to make the next light. Instead they should slow traffic naturally by the design of the street rather than artificially with stop lights.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post

As for traffic lights on city streets, Edmond has to be one of the worst. If their traffic lights are coordinated at all, they have to be coordinated in the most annoying way. Traveling between 15th and Boulevard to 2nd and Bryant the other day, there are 11 stop lights. In two miles. 2nd Street to Boulevard is eight stop lights. And so on. I'm not saying that none of those lights aren't necessary but Edmond has an exorbitant amount of lights. Part of the reason they do it is to slow traffic but if they studied the traffic at all they would see it causes people to speed to try to make the next light. Instead they should slow traffic naturally by the design of the street rather than artificially with stop lights.
    Absolutely, it's awful. I'll get a red light on one of these neighborhood lights when there's not even anyone pulling up the opposite way. Just jams up rush hour traffic. Edmond traffic lights are SO DUMB and just encourage red light running and road rage.

Big proponent of round-abouts!

25. Default Re: Broadway Extension: Our Autobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Big proponent of round-abouts!
    I don't trust drivers here enough to recommend those.

Thread Information