Widgets Magazine

Thread: Popshelf

Large Chain Popshelf

“It's like Target and a dollar store had a baby.”

That's a common description of pOpshelf, a new discount chain bringing its first Oklahoma stores to the Westgate Marketplace at I-40 and MacArthur and Choctaw Plaza on 23rd.

Popshelf has an aggressive expansion strategy; it's likely there will be more stores around the OKC area.

They feature seasonal and home decor, health and beauty, home cleaning supplies, party goods, pet items, entertaining needs and non-perishable food.

Started in 2020 by Dollar General, they aim to increase their current 134 stores in 13 states to more than 1,000 in the next few years.

Default Re: Popshelf

I suspect this will be a teacher's paradise!

What is currently there?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I suspect this will be a teacher's paradise!
    I thought the same thing, good for them though, they need all the help they can get with supplies and such. Looks a lot nicer than FiveBelow which I know is pretty popular.

Looks more like Dollar General's response to Dollar Tree's "Five Below" concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I thought the same thing, good for them though, they need all the help they can get with supplies and such. Looks a lot nicer than FiveBelow which I know is pretty popular.
    I wish we didn't rely on already underpaid teachers to also purchase their own school supplies. Out of the 10 adults in my immediate family, 5 are teachers and it is insane the amount they spend on providing for their students since the schools refuse to. If people want to give teachers a raise of a few hundred - couple thousand, just provide school supplies so they don't have to cover those costs.

On another note, FiveBelow is awesome! I love going there for quick gifts for my nieces. They have these different science kits that are only like $5-10.

Also, it's great that the popshelf is going to be just like two stores away from the FiveBelow (I think in the old DSW?).

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    What is currently there?
    I think right now it is empty. It was a DSW.

Where exactly is Choctaw Plaza? I am unsure if I have visited there. Thanks!

^

NE 23rd near Choctaw Road.

I will never shop there but it does look cool, maybe I will recommend the store to my friends and family if they are looking for something

Checked out the Choctaw location. I think it opened within the last week. Pretty neat store w/good prices. I was impressed by the home goods and decor. Things that would normally be $25+ at places like Hobby Lobby or Target are just $5-$15 here.

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere, but Popshelf is going in the space South of JC Penny in Moore.

The first Popshelf in the state is now open at 14437 NE 23rd in Choctaw.

The next two planned are for Moore (just south of JC Penney) and I-40 and MacArthur (between Best Buy and Ross). Several more are planned throughout Oklahoma.

“It's like Target and a dollar store had a baby,” is the common description, featuring home décor, health and beauty, home cleaning supplies, party goods, pet items, crafts, entertaining supplies and non-perishable foods.

Started in 2020 by Dollar General, they plan to increase their current 134 stores in 13 states to more than 1,000 in the next few years.

Thread Information