Widgets Magazine

Thread: Classen Grill

Default Classen Grill

The new owners of this property told me the first priority is getting Classen Grill renovated (pictured below and well underway) and reopened with the new operators.

Then, they will turn their attention to the Donnay Building. I know these guys will do a great job and look forward to watching everything unfold. It's painful to see the current state of things but it seems all the right elements are finally in place.

Default Re: Classen Circle

Sidewalks and parking lots need replacing

Default Re: Classen Circle

Building permitt application shows they plan to convert the empty lot into parking, completely redo the existing parking area, and add a patio out front. Braum's still owns that small house between the Donay Building and the new parking area.

Default Classen Grill

Classen Grill is coming along.

The new operators (owners of Sunnyside Diner) told me they plan to open this spring; there will be a small patio out front.

5. Default Re: Classen Grill

I first ate at Classen Grill in the early-to-mid '80s when it was owned by Tupper and Linda Patnode. She was active in the local live theater scene and he was quite the character. That place was great back in the day and I'm hoping the new proprietors will return it to its former glory.

Default Re: Classen Grill

Holy cow, the new owners of this and the Donnay Building are spending a ton of money to really renovate these structures right.

Classen Grill is still on track to reopen this spring; the proprietors of Sunnyside Diner will be the operators.

Noticed the open sign lit up and cars in the parking lot a couple of days ago.

They have been very busy since reopening.

I'm anxious to try it. Love the renovated space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They have been very busy since reopening.

I'm anxious to try it. Love the renovated space.
    It’s really really good! They replaced to OJ machine in there with a new one. And they have added a ton of vegan options! Amazing changes all around. Got lunch from there on Thursday, still drooling thinking about it!!

10. Default Re: Classen Grill

Food is great if a bit pricey. Very southwestern flair to the breakfast, but everything I've had has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by gqandy405 View Post
    It’s really really good! They replaced to OJ machine in there with a new one. And they have added a ton of vegan options! Amazing changes all around. Got lunch from there on Thursday, still drooling thinking about it!!
    Care to enlighten us with your lunch order?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Food is great if a bit pricey. Very southwestern flair to the breakfast, but everything I've had has been great.
    Do they still have the Southwestern-flavored breakfast items from the past, or are there new additions?

Thread Information