Widgets Magazine
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

1. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

^^^^^^^^^^
    Year, regrettably I’ve been to Orlando on business twice in the past 30 days, and actually at airport more than just arrivals/departures as my COO and I flew on different days. I found it easier/necessary to park and come inside the terminal when picking him up, due to timing and other issues. On the first trip we flew at a same-ish time, but me from Chicago and he from OKC, so we had coordination/meetup time in terminal.

Since I was in the terminal(s) multiple times with extra time on my hands I paid a lot of attention to security checkpoints in order to better plan my next trip through. Pretty reliably the regular checkpoint ran an hour or more, TSA Precheck ran 20-40 minutes, and Clear+ TSA Pre-check ran like 5 minutes; 10 if you included the scanner (and were behind a family with strollers).

Clear+ precheck is the only way to fly. I’ll never go back.

2. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Year, regrettably I’ve been to Orlando on business twice in the past 30 days, and actually at airport more than just arrivals/departures as my COO and I flew on different days. I found it easier/necessary to park and come inside the terminal when picking him up, due to timing and other issues. On the first trip we flew at a same-ish time, but me from Chicago and he from OKC, so we had coordination/meetup time in terminal.

Since I was in the terminal(s) multiple times with extra time on my hands I paid a lot of attention to security checkpoints in order to better plan my next trip through. Pretty reliably the regular checkpoint ran an hour or more, TSA Precheck ran 20-40 minutes, and Clear+ TSA Pre-check ran like 5 minutes; 10 if you included the scanner (and were behind a family with strollers).

Clear+ precheck is the only way to fly. I’ll never go back.
    Clear + Precheck is the only way to go at MCO. I'll never go back. Well, it's the way to go anywhere it's offered, really.

Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I guess I have been lucky. I go through MCO once or twice a year and it has never been more than 5 to 10 minutes with Precheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesta Parker View Post
    I guess I have been lucky. I go through MCO once or twice a year and it has never been more than 5 to 10 minutes with Precheck.
    same for me

This seems odd. Delta is trying to build up a focus city in Austin,TX. They just announced flights between Austin and Midland,TX

Will be interesting to see if Delta tries to take over the routes that AA has been operating out of AUS and we get flights to AUS on Delta.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/15/delt...g-airport.html

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    This seems odd. Delta is trying to build up a focus city in Austin,TX. They just announced flights between Austin and Midland,TX

Will be interesting to see if Delta tries to take over the routes that AA has been operating out of AUS and we get flights to AUS on Delta.

They need a texas foothold.

Austin was just too close to DFW network wise.

Decent month. Not great but still growing. https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

With no new routes, frequencies, or upgauges, the plateau will begin shortly.

I’ve heard American will be announcing 2 new destinations and some additional frequencies soon. Getting PHL back, Las Vegas direct, another DFW daily and an additional phx daily.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I’ve heard American will be announcing 2 new destinations and some additional frequencies soon. Getting PHL back, Las Vegas direct, another DFW daily and an additional phx daily.
    That would help a ton!

11. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Looks ike we're going to make 4.3M pax for 2023, the record 4.4M is possible. I will be helping OKC out a bit! HeHe.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

12. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I would totally love this but I can't see AA giving us a direct to Vegas. AA in Vegas is only connected to their hubs and focus cities.

HangryHippo Guest

Getting PHL back would be nice.

I hate that Delta serves us so poorly, especially with OU’s move to the SEC upcoming. There will be lots of travel via ATL, but we can’t get Detroit, Boston, Austin, or Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post

I could definitely see Delta running regional flights out of AUS and OKC/TUL would likely be adds. I would love to see a second daily AUS flight - I don’t see Southwest going 2x with the 737 especially running OKC-SAT 1x/daily

15. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I think Delta is well positioned to serve OKC better than it has as OU moves into the SEC next year. I expect more flights to open up, with Delta better utilizing their prime gate space - finally.

Would love Delta, AA, and United to resume flights to all of their hubs. We're likely to hit 4.4M without that, just imagine what OKC could do if all hubs were served. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

16. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

17. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

This is the first time I question the management of our airport. If Tulsa can get a Priority Pass lounge then so can we. And we should have had one before now. Routes from OKC can only be effected by airport management so much. The airport experience can.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    This is the first time I question the management of our airport. If Tulsa can get a Priority Pass lounge then so can we. And we should have had one before now. Routes from OKC can only be effected by airport management so much. The airport experience can.
    I'm not sure where they're putting it but it probably helps that TUL has a massive footprint and a ton of space in it's terminal. I'm sure they could fit one in somewhere at Will Rogers but it might be something that would need to be done as part of a future development. I certainly have no desire for one of the restaurants or public spaces to be replaced with a prioirty lounge that I could never use LOL.

19. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

The only two spaces that come to mind are: the area where the old checkpoint used to be where it's just full of tables and chairs. The second one would possibly by capturing the old Breeze gate next to Starbucks and converting that to a club space. Mainly due to due having exterior views.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    The only two spaces that come to mind are: the area where the old checkpoint used to be where it's just full of tables and chairs. The second one would possibly by capturing the old Breeze gate next to Starbucks and converting that to a club space. Mainly due to due having exterior views.
    I immediately thought of the old checkpoint space too. If you look they have a faux wall there to split the space. You could remove that and close that restroom and combine/remodel for the lounge. Would love this in OKC! Especially with that Amex platinum.

Some sort of lounge would be very nice at WRWA. Priority Pass lounges are often on the small side and could work well in OKC. The old TSA checkpoint makes sense and could even work as a temporary location until something more permanent as a future development is complete.

In a recent conversation with a contact at Delta about lounge overcrowding, she told me the vast majority of people visiting airport lounges are connecting passengers, who want a place to login, have a beverage and cool their heels between flights. Very few are originating at their home airport, as not that many people go to the airport early just to 'hang out' (although deayed departures for orginating pax can add to the mix) and also want to get home or to the office when they arrive back home. I rarely arrive @ OKC more than 45 minutes before departure and have no desire to stay there when I get back. Since there are few if any people connecting through OKC, I think the appeal will be limited.

They do need to find something productive to do with empty gates 20, 22, and 24 until another airline shows up or SW adds a gate, although besides JetBlue or Spirit, all the US major airlines already serve OKC, and neither of those two are currently showing an interest in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by oktxatty View Post
    In a recent conversation with a contact at Delta about lounge overcrowding, she told me the vast majority of people visiting airport lounges are connecting passengers, who want a place to login, have a beverage and cool their heels between flights. Very few are originating at their home airport, as not that many people go to the airport early just to 'hang out' (although deayed departures for orginating pax can add to the mix) and also want to get home or to the office when they arrive back home. I rarely arrive @ OKC more than 45 minutes before departure and have no desire to stay there when I get back. Since there are few if any people connecting through OKC, I think the appeal will be limited.

They do need to find something productive to do with empty gates 20, 22, and 24 until another airline shows up or SW adds a gate, although besides JetBlue or Spirit, all the US major airlines already serve OKC, and neither of those two are currently showing an interest in OKC.
    Like you, I currently arrive maybe 45 minutes early. I love WRWA because I can park, pass through pre-check and arrive at my gate in about 15 minutes, especially if I'm not checking a bag. However, if there was a lounge I would probably arrive earlier to get food and a drink instead of paying for it in the terminal. Lounges don't let you in unless you have a boarding pass for an upcoming flight.

We aren't getting a lounge lol

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Like you, I currently arrive maybe 45 minutes early. I love WRWA because I can park, pass through pre-check and arrive at my gate in about 15 minutes, especially if I'm not checking a bag. However, if there was a lounge I would probably arrive earlier to get food and a drink instead of paying for it in the terminal. Lounges don't let you in unless you have a boarding pass for an upcoming flight.
    If the lounge is inside the gate areas everybody has a boarding pass. You can't clear TSA without it.
    I doubt they would put it before TSA as what connecting passenger would want to clear security just to go to a lounge.

Thread Information