Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I would agree with that. They are going to need the feed. Atlantic secondary market (everything except LHR, FRA, AMS, CDG) is red hot from the US as leisure travelers seek different vacation destinations than traditional markets before the pandemic.

Philly performed well before the pandemic, so I wouldn’t think it would be too deep on the spreadsheet to come back.

PHL as a destination is pretty great too. Lots to see and do there, and can be paired with an east train ride to either NY or DC. Hopefully AA restarts OKC and also adds TUL, which has never been connected to PHL

3. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Currently AA is sending 3 flights a day to ORD. Maybe peel one of those off and send to PHL. Hopefully early enough to catch most of the internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Currently AA is sending 3 flights a day to ORD. Maybe peel one of those off and send to PHL. Hopefully early enough to catch most of the internationals.
    With United also flying 3x/daily to ORD and Southwest 2x/daily to MDW that seems like a good trade, especially if timed well for the eastbound Europe flights.

Press release:

Two major airlines announce more service to Florida from OKC
    09/11/2023

Two major airlines announced extended seasonal service to Florida from Oklahoma City, just in time for fall and winter breaks.

“We’ve been targeting more non-stop service to Florida from OKC, and these additional non-stops to Orlando and Miami provide the service our market is looking for,” said Jeff Mulder, Director of Dept. of Airports. “There are also numerous connections from Orlando and Miami to destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America for our OKC travelers.”

Southwest Airlines
    Southwest Airlines will begin daily nonstop service to Orlando, Florida beginning October 9 through March 6, 2024. Southwest is bringing convenient flights for customers to take a break from winter weather and letting them book their early 2024 getaways.

American Airlines
    American Airlines announced in July 2023 they added daily nonstop service to Miami, Florida from December 20 through April 3, 2024. With service to more than 70 destinations across the U.S., American will offer the most convenient way for customers to take in all that Miami has to offer. Travelers can also enjoy one-stop access to the largest network of destinations across Latin America and the Caribbean of any U.S. airline.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Press release:

09/11/2023

Two major airlines announced extended seasonal service to Florida from Oklahoma City, just in time for fall and winter breaks.

“We’ve been targeting more non-stop service to Florida from OKC, and these additional non-stops to Orlando and Miami provide the service our market is looking for,” said Jeff Mulder, Director of Dept. of Airports. “There are also numerous connections from Orlando and Miami to destinations in the Caribbean and Latin America for our OKC travelers.”

Southwest Airlines
    Southwest Airlines will begin daily nonstop service to Orlando, Florida beginning October 9 through March 6, 2024. Southwest is bringing convenient flights for customers to take a break from winter weather and letting them book their early 2024 getaways.

American Airlines
    American Airlines announced in July 2023 they added daily nonstop service to Miami, Florida from December 20 through April 3, 2024. With service to more than 70 destinations across the U.S., American will offer the most convenient way for customers to take in all that Miami has to offer. Travelers can also enjoy one-stop access to the largest network of destinations across Latin America and the Caribbean of any U.S. airline.
    We go to Orlando fairly regularly and have noticed more direct OKC-MCO flights by Southwest and anytime we have taken them, they have been if not completely, very, very close to full. I would love to see OKC to constant OKC-MCO daily flights for the foreseeable future.

7. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Press release:

09/11/2023

Southwest Airlines

American Airlines
    Looking at the AA schedule, their statement is wrong. The nonstop service is still there up until Aug 7, 2024 right now (the end of their available schedule). I thought I remember it switched to daily but not 100%.

OKC Airport Trust approves parking rate increase, plans 5 years of improvements

The Oklahoma City Airport Trust and city council have approved rate increases for all parking facilities at the airport: long-term surface, covered parking and parking garages. Hourly parking is no longer free for the first hour.

“Our covered parking facilities fill up on a regular basis, and the expansion of our covered parking product will help meet the demand and level of service our customers are looking for," Mulder said.

The trust plans $54.1 million in parking capital improvements the next five years:

1. Construct a new semi-covered surface parking lot (Lot 4) to provide new public parking.
    2. Upgrades to the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in in the elevator vestibules in the long-term Blue Garage, and tunnel walkway for improved passenger experience and system functionality.
    3. Upgrades to the long-term Blue Garage to improve the water tightness from the fourth floor, general painting and architectural improvements to elevator stations.
    4. Design and construct a new parking garage to help provide more covered parking.

9. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Was bummed to see that they are charging $2 minimum now for any amount of time in the garage. I loved that you could go and park in short term parking to go in and help someone with their bags at baggage claim, and then leave in under an hour and not have to pay anything at all. Was something unique about our airport that I really appreciated.

Hopefully when they build the new garage, you'll still be able to access the terminal from the non-covered parking without having to take the shuttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Was bummed to see that they are charging $2 minimum now for any amount of time in the garage. I loved that you could go and park in short term parking to go in and help someone with their bags at baggage claim, and then leave in under an hour and not have to pay anything at all. Was something unique about our airport that I really appreciated.
    We were heavy users of the less than one hour free parking ever since they built the observation floor in the new terminal. Sadly, we no longer will get to enjoy what was a relatively cheap outing for my and son and I to go plane spotting in a nice air conditioned space. In all the times we went those spots were never full, so I don't see why they needed to get rid of the less than an hour deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    We were heavy users of the less than one hour free parking ever since they built the observation floor in the new terminal. Sadly, we no longer will get to enjoy what was a relatively cheap outing for my and son and I to go plane spotting in a nice air conditioned space. In all the times we went those spots were never full, so I don't see why they needed to get rid of the less than an hour deal.
    2 dollars is not a "relatively cheap" outing??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Not sure why this had to be added to the thread.

14. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Not sure why this had to be added to the thread.
    That's a bold statement coming from you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    That's a bold statement coming from you lol
    Whatever you say. The parking rates have needed to be increased for a while. They are insanely low. A great perk for OKC, yes. But at the expense of the parking garages. They will finally get some much needed TLC.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Whatever you say. The parking rates have needed to be increased for a while. They are insanely low. A great perk for OKC, yes. But at the expense of the parking garages. They will finally get some much needed TLC.
    $25/day for premium (first level) is pricey but $15/day for the rest of the garage isn’t bad compared to other airports. TUL garage is $14/day for the entire garage right next to the terminal. You can park in the garage at Fine for $12/day but then you have to take a shuttle.

When you have a 4 year old, free stuff to do on a whim is worth more than gold. All I had to do was pay for the gas to drive to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    OKC Airport Trust approves parking rate increase, plans 5 years of improvements

The Oklahoma City Airport Trust and city council have approved rate increases for all parking facilities at the airport: long-term surface, covered parking and parking garages. Hourly parking is no longer free for the first hour.

“Our covered parking facilities fill up on a regular basis, and the expansion of our covered parking product will help meet the demand and level of service our customers are looking for," Mulder said.

The trust plans $54.1 million in parking capital improvements the next five years:

1. Construct a new semi-covered surface parking lot (Lot 4) to provide new public parking.
    2. Upgrades to the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in in the elevator vestibules in the long-term Blue Garage, and tunnel walkway for improved passenger experience and system functionality.
    3. Upgrades to the long-term Blue Garage to improve the water tightness from the fourth floor, general painting and architectural improvements to elevator stations.
    4. Design and construct a new parking garage to help provide more covered parking.
    The airport goober are wasting $

Can't they build a high speed train to the convention center / bricktown for $50 million?

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post

Can't they build a high speed train to the convention center / bricktown for $50 million?
    Given that the Streetcar project cost $135 million or so, I'm going to guess that...no, they can't, at least not for anything close to $50 million.

$50M wouldn't even get you a train from the airport to the hotels on I-40 and Meridian.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    $50M wouldn't even get you a train from the airport to the hotels on I-40 and Meridian.
    wouldn't even get you through all the studies designs, right-of-way, legal, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post

please show me a "high speed train" that goes 8 miles in any city

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    When you have a 4 year old, free stuff to do on a whim is worth more than gold. All I had to do was pay for the gas to drive to the airport.
    You just drive to the airport for no reason and walk around or what?

please show me a "high speed train" that goes 8 miles in any city
    https://www.chinahighlights.com/shan...glev-train.htm

Shanghai Maglev Train — The Fastest Train in the World

Shanghai Maglev Train (Shanghai Maglev Demonstration Line) is the first commercial maglev line in the world. The line runs between Longyang Road Station on the Shanghai Subway Line 2, to Pudong International Airport, and the journey takes no more than 8 minutes to complete the distance of 30 km (19 miles). It can reach up to 431 km/hr (268 mph) during the journey.

25. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    You just drive to the airport for no reason and walk around or what?
    Uh, he explained what he does there in his first post. Read before you come in with snark, c'mon, man.

Thread Information