Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Considering we are at 2.5 with 5 months left, and those 5 months are usually pretty slow (aside from December), 4 million is about right.
    We may get close to our best years of 2018 and 2019 with 4.3 to 4.4 million.

Looks like we are slightly ahead of our 2018 pace but slightly behind 2019.

2018: 1,231,207 enplanements + 1,229,508 deplanements = 2,460,715 total passengers
    2019: 1,270,915 enplanements + 1,267,149 deplanements = 2,538,064 total passengers
    2023: 1,250,199 enplanements + 1,250,172 deplanements = 2,500,371 total passengers

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

The growth of AA and SWA is impressive.

Would expect AA continues to add capacity next year

I'm going to look at the United numbers at work tomorrow. They don't look right to me, again.

5. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

TUL also getting LGA via Delta starting in May

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    TUL also getting LGA via Delta starting in May
    Now hopefully they add back TUL-MSP.

I think OKC- BOS is not far behind

Glad this page has been telling us new routes for Tulsa, so it can serve a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Now hopefully they add back TUL-MSP.

I think OKC- BOS is not far behind
    While that would be cool, I'd rather have an LAX Delta route from OKC, or at least more frequent SLC service. Delta can get people east pretty easily, but not west...

Just booked a flight to CVG for the first time in decades (going to OU-Cincinnati on 9/23). I remember when OKC and TUL had multiple daily non-stops to CVG when Delta ran their Comair hub there. Instead I have to go to MDW on the way there and through DEN on the way back.

I know for awhile Delta still ran an XNA-CVG nonstop due to Wal-Mart's connection with P&G but I looked and they ended that too.

Just booked a flight to CVG for the first time in decades (going to OU-Cincinnati on 9/23). I remember when OKC and TUL had multiple daily non-stops to CVG when Delta ran their Comair hub there. Instead I have to go to MDW on the way there and through DEN on the way back.

I know for awhile Delta still ran an XNA-CVG nonstop due to Wal-Mart's connection with P&G but I looked and they ended that too.
    When I moved to OKC, I remember seeing some OKC-CVG on Northwest before the Delta merger. I think this one is a victim of airlines consolidation.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    When I moved to OKC, I remember seeing some OKC-CVG on Northwest before the Delta merger. I think this one is a victim of airlines consolidation.
    Comair (Delta Connection) operated a monster hub out of CVG in the 90's and 00's: at its peak they had 670 daily departures and 130 destinations. After Delta acquired Northwest they started to drawdown the CVG hub along with MEM. You could even fly to London, Paris and Amsterdam from Cincinnati and Memphis. I think BNA could be what CVG used to be and operate as a Mid-South hub for Southwest.

HangryHippo Guest

Comair (Delta Connection) operated a monster hub out of CVG in the 90's and 00's: at its peak they had 670 daily departures and 130 destinations. After Delta acquired Northwest they started to drawdown the CVG hub along with MEM. You could even fly to London, Paris and Amsterdam from Cincinnati and Memphis. I think BNA could be what CVG used to be and operate as a Mid-South hub for Southwest.
    I took the Memphis to London and Amsterdam flights and they were pretty good. Seems like forever ago though!

Glad this page has been telling us new routes for Tulsa, so it can serve a purpose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	18230

14. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

United is supposedly running nonstop service to CVG for that game but I can't find it. I assume it sold out.

https://aeroxplorer.com/articles/uni...all-season.php

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	18230
    I live rent free in your head. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    United is supposedly running nonstop service to CVG for that game but I can't find it. I assume it sold out.

https://aeroxplorer.com/articles/uni...all-season.php
    I believe the press release from United was a bit misleading, and some of these blog style news sites didn’t do their due diligence in researching these.

United said they would offer nonstop flights or increased capacity in these markets for game day. Emphasis on the latter. Increased capacity might mean existing spoke-hub routes have some extra seats available. This might mean, for example OKC-ORD and ORD-CVG have a larger airplane or extra frequency, not necessarily a nonstop flight OKC-CVG.

In the past they have added nonstop flights but I think the fleet is still stretched too thin to add a bunch of these, unfortunately. So you’ll see some increased gauge to hubs, vs nonstop flights. United has been good in the press lately and I think they want to stay in the press, so they are going to hype strategy moves like this even if they aren’t exactly what they seem to be on the surface.

I live rent free in your head. Thank you!
    LOL. Can’t claim to live rent free when keep posting payment with the same complaints.

18. Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I believe the press release from United was a bit misleading, and some of these blog style news sites didn’t do their due diligence in researching these.

United said they would offer nonstop flights or increased capacity in these markets for game day. Emphasis on the latter. Increased capacity might mean existing spoke-hub routes have some extra seats available. This might mean, for example OKC-ORD and ORD-CVG have a larger airplane or extra frequency, not necessarily a nonstop flight OKC-CVG.

In the past they have added nonstop flights but I think the fleet is still stretched too thin to add a bunch of these, unfortunately. So you’ll see some increased gauge to hubs, vs nonstop flights. United has been good in the press lately and I think they want to stay in the press, so they are going to hype strategy moves like this even if they aren’t exactly what they seem to be on the surface.
    Thanks! I remember a few people who took a United nonstop to Lincoln, NE last year for the game. So I assumed that's what was going on here.

I heard the airport spokesperson speak about expanding the parking garages. She said it was necessary due to demand and will probably have an international gate by 2025.

Anyone know anything about international service ?

I flew out today. There was an airport rep doing a survey. I overheard she mentioned trying to get some international service. Wants vs. what happens is a different story.

Somewhere upthread it was mentioned CBP had committed to staffing the FIS facility if it were built out and needed. That is big news and is often the biggest hurdle to any community getting nonstop service to an international destination. If that turns out to be true there may be some things happening in the background.

I believe AA has some international P2P out of some larger, but similar markets as OKC. I believe they run a MCI-CUN, SAT-CUN, etc on weekends and high volume times (spring break,etc).

A similar offering would not be totally out of the question given AA's overall strategy and aggressiveness in the market. Allegiant partnered with VivaAerobus for cross-border flights to midsize US cities to popular Mexican tourist destinations. This could be a possibility as well with Friday-Monday packaged itineraries.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    A similar offering would not be totally out of the question given AA's overall strategy and aggressiveness in the market. Allegiant partnered with VivaAerobus for cross-border flights to midsize US cities to popular Mexican tourist destinations. This could be a possibility as well with Friday-Monday packaged itineraries.
    Unfortunately that alliance is on hold due to politics in Mexico. Hope it happens as it would absolutely open up more flights from the US to Mexico.

https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...iva-aerobus-jv

I’m doing the Friday-Monday Allegiant nonstop from TUL to VSP next weekend. 2 hour flight then a 20 min drive to Destin or 45 min to Seaside is awesome; I can leave my house in Tulsa at 12:30 and be on the beach by 4:30. I would LOVE to see something similar to CUN and SJD

Unfortunately that alliance is on hold due to politics in Mexico. Hope it happens as it would absolutely open up more flights from the US to Mexico.

https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...iva-aerobus-jv

I’m doing the Friday-Monday Allegiant nonstop from TUL to VSP next weekend. 2 hour flight then a 20 min drive to Destin or 45 min to Seaside is awesome; I can leave my house in Tulsa at 12:30 and be on the beach by 4:30. I would LOVE to see something similar to CUN and SJD
    You're right. I forgot about that.

Anyone have any insight on whether AA will resume flights to Philadelphia? Or, is Philadelphia not high on AA list of expansion/return to service? Mainline to DCA,CLT and MIA and regional to LGA has been nice for the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Anyone have any insight on whether AA will resume flights to Philadelphia? Or, is Philadelphia not high on AA list of expansion/return to service? Mainline to DCA,CLT and MIA and regional to LGA has been nice for the East Coast.
    I would guess they do given the big international destination route expansion they announced a few weeks ago.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...s-summer-2024/

Thread Information