Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 242526272829

Thread: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2023 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    Like you, I currently arrive maybe 45 minutes early. I love WRWA because I can park, pass through pre-check and arrive at my gate in about 15 minutes, especially if I'm not checking a bag. However, if there was a lounge I would probably arrive earlier to get food and a drink instead of paying for it in the terminal. Lounges don't let you in unless you have a boarding pass for an upcoming flight.
    All my lounges I’ve used were available only by joining and paying every year, or by achieving a certain status with the airline. It isn’t just free food and drinks. And I don’t think I ever went to one on my first or last visit to the airport.

I am a frequent user of lounges, primarily Delta Sky Lounge or AMEX Centurion but have used Escape Lounges, United and the new Chase Lounge. They are handy and I sometimes will go to airport early if I don't have anything else to do other than kill time at hotel before flight. Most do not allow access upon arrival.

I thought I had seen an article about the airport expansion where they mentioned a possible lounge for OKC but can't find it. There are several places it could go as they don't have to be on the main floor. The old Delta baggage area, the sky deck on 2 when you walk past TSA. Installation of elevators or escalator so connects past TSA and add needed utilities. I have seen a few clubs outside of TSA but that sucks and is a pain in the ass and difficult to time arrival at gate. My perfect flight is one where the club is next to the departing gate and i can walk out of the club when boarding starts and walk right onto the plane. Bonus if a connecting flight and the incoming flight is also right next to the club

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I immediately thought of the old checkpoint space too. If you look they have a faux wall there to split the space. You could remove that and close that restroom and combine/remodel for the lounge. Would love this in OKC! Especially with that Amex platinum.
    Is all of the office space on the second floor (think above Freddy’s and Tropical Smoothie) occupied? That could be another option. Austin has both a United lounge and an Admirals Club on the second floor….still post TSA obviously.

Thread Information