Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: January 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: January 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    If you ever lived up north you would understand. There will be inches of snow on the ground and roads and you still go to school. If for some reason a bus couldn't make it down a road you were asked to take you kids to the nearest main road for pick up. Out in the country that could be a mile or two. But I get it no one down here knows how to drive on just a little bit of icy roads. It's called going really slow and you will be just fine.

I lived in Northern Colorado….does that count? Northern states get more snow than Ice. Ive lived here most of my life and and ice is the usual fare and even just a light glaze (like is predicted late tonight and early am) causes mass chaos around here. I’m also an ER nurse and light glaze means more slips and slides and kiddies with broken things when they fall…… and there’s that one person, somewhere, that sues a school/school district , because they didn’t close or something along that line or the bus slid and so on and so on… And here we are, the liability factor comes into play..

Quote Originally Posted by NikonNurse View Post
    I lived in Northern Colorado….does that count? Northern states get more snow than Ice. Ive lived here most of my life and and ice is the usual fare and even just a light glaze (like is predicted late tonight and early am) causes mass chaos around here. I’m also an ER nurse and light glaze means more slips and slides and kiddies with broken things when they fall…… and there’s that one person, somewhere, that sues a school/school district , because they didn’t close or something along that line or the bus slid and so on and so on… And here we are, the liability factor comes into play..
    Yep totally agree about the liability Factor and pretty soon they won't be going to school when it's too hot either. Still shocked with all the football players that have died from heat exhaustion that they're still out there on hot days

Recent HRRR runs are a bit more bullish on ice in okc tonight.

Lol. Now David Payne is backing off ice chances in okc. Lol. I have no clue what’s going on.

The air in place is just too dang dry around here and it's too much for the precipitation to overcome. You could see in the radar trends earlier today that the stuff was really moving north but there was a vast line where the precipitation was just disappearing as it was moving north.

Thread Information