Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stacks

Far West The Stacks

The Medallion Group, developers of Chisholm Creek, is planning a large development on NW 10th just west of Czech Hall Marketplace called The Stacks.

CAVA will have a free-standing building and behind that will be a 2-level commercial building with both retail and restaurant space. To the south will be a large apartment complex with a series of 3-level buildings.

Default Re: The Stacks

Nice! Good get for the west metro. Wonder what kind of tenants they will get?

Also,I hope once I-40 is widened, the east metro can get some of these types of developments. But this is great for Yukon!

That whole area just continues to explode with growth. Great news.

I saw this and wondered why someone would post about the OU library. (the back area was called the stacks when I was in school there). Looks like a cool development

Definitely has a Chisholm Creek look to it. Looks great! Excited about the new possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I saw this and wondered why someone would post about the OU library. (the back area was called the stacks when I was in school there). Looks like a cool development
    i'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking this!

There's a road grader and excavator at that site. Makes me wonder if they're going to start construction already, or if they're there for Cava.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    There's a road grader and excavator at that site. Makes me wonder if they're going to start construction already, or if they're there for Cava.
    It's probably for the apartments to the south as that building permit was filed a while ago.

Pickelman's has signed a deal for a free-standing building to be constructed at the west end of this development.

I love the Mid-Century Modern design. Yukon continues to impress! A World Market would fit perfectly in this development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    maybe this development will be haunted as well lol.

Looking forward to this. Some great additions to the area.

13. Default Re: The Stacks

The developers of this center must be fans of Ready Player One. The first part of that book was set just west of OKC in a place called "The Stacks" where multiple mobile homes were stacked on top of each other. The movie changed the locale to Columbus, Ohio.

Pickleman's on the west end, Cava east.

What are they building to the west of the new dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    What are they building to the west of the new dealership?
    West of the dealership is a collision center, east of the dealership is their 2nd paved parking lot.

They are moving at light speed on this one. Great to see. Now up to 7 signed tenants.

If only Pub W and Neighborhood Jam would pick up the pace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Is this what they call "sprawl?"

Ha! Yes - if printed dictionaries were still a thing, these pictures could be inserted next to the definition of "sprawl."

The land usage here is really kind of terrible, although not really out of the ordinary for the middle of the country. And I guess "terrible" is subjective but it certainly doesn't feel like any of these suburban developers are making much of an effort to move beyond what they have always done.

I will say - in going upthread and reacquainting myself with this development, the actual buildings do look more attractive and modern than what I am otherwise seeing in these pictures. It doesn't change the "sprawl" but at least there is some imagination in the building design - so I will give them that.

When are they going to announce what tenants have signed besides Picklemans and Surf Bar? Is Cava in the furthest east building or will that go right next to Arby’s?

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I will say - in going upthread and reacquainting myself with this development, the actual buildings do look more attractive and modern than what I am otherwise seeing in these pictures. It doesn't change the "sprawl" but at least there is some imagination in the building design - so I will give them that.
    I mean...there are some architecturally interesting buildings in the Fritts Farm development on 19th Street in Moore (particularly the Verizon store). Still doesn't really elevate the experience of shopping anywhere in that development relative to cookie-cutter sprawl, IMO.

24. Default Re: The Stacks

Cava - bleh. Don't know if any of you have ever eaten there, but it's a lot of fancy with not as much substance, especially for the price. Honestly, i found that your neighborhood "need a tetanus shot" Gyro shop, to be a lot better and be cheaper.

Regardless, well it's an interesting idea for the area that they don't have much of. I'm sure it will work well with the way the whole area has been growing.

Cava is the building on the east end, Pickleman’s the west.

Thread Information