Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New City Hall, Municipal Court and Parking Garage

Edmond New City Hall, Municipal Court and Parking Garage

Looks like the DCC is coming down as is the current Planning building to the east. The new City Hall will take the place of the DCC, a parking garage will take the place of the Planning building, then the new Court next to that. Littler will then be closed between Main and E. 1st and turned into a green space.

Default Re: New City Hall, Municipal Court and Parking Garage

OK County Court House has one newly renovated elevator! It's carpeted, has wood paneling interior, and a digital floor indicator with a nice soothing voice to tell you what floor you've stopped on. 1 down 2 more to renovate. Anyone that has spent any time in that building know what a pain in the @ss those elevators can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    OK County Court House has one newly renovated elevator! It's carpeted, has wood paneling interior, and a digital floor indicator with a nice soothing voice to tell you what floor you've stopped on. 1 down 2 more to renovate. Anyone that has spent any time in that building know what a pain in the @ss those elevators can be.
    Couldn't contain your excitement and needed to get that info out asap in a thread about Edmond's municipal facilities?

I'm pretty stoked about that elevator too though. Not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Really like it. Edmond continues to improve, the pedestrian plaza on Littler is such an underrated addition to the project. Also like their attempt to include retail in the parking garage, even if it doesn't make it to the final plans.

The video is very interesting. I haven't been able to find the presentation available for download but I went to the trouble of taking screenshots of the slides. I particularly liked the statement partway through that Boulevard and Main will be getting a traffic light either as part of this project or separately, assuming that they don't just completely exclude crosswalks that should help with the UCO to Edmond Downtown connectivity I've been hoping for recently.

(My apologies for the quality, it was the best I could apparently get by taking screenshots off of YouTube)

This last picture is my own contribution, it's the sites they identified at the end of the presentation that will be sold off for private development. This whole area has a really bright future ahead between the city's new municipal buildings and what could get built on the redeveloped lots.

Closing down Littler, at the old hall of mirrors ? How is the 1982 version of me cruising downtown Edmond expected to handle this late night transportation interruption ?

After they built their new Police Station I was hoping Edmond would finally embrace Territorial Architecture for their civic buildings.

https://newtrad.org/

Territorial Architecture? You linked to Traditional Architecture. Although there is an Oklahoma town that got a shout-out on that site:
    America 2 | New Traditional Architecture & Urbanism

I’m stoked to see the growth but wish they’d gone more vertical to match that of the PSC abd to a lesser extent the new apartments and parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    Territorial Architecture? You linked to Traditional Architecture. Although there is an Oklahoma town that got a shout-out on that site:
    America 2 | New Traditional Architecture & Urbanism
    Territorial archectecture is a type of traditional architecture.

Edmond Outlook article: https://www.edmondoutlook.com/edmond...enter-complex/

The new Edmond City Hall Complex is expected to open in March 2025.
    I agree with JTF it would have been better to keep the same architecture of Edmond government buildings. Though this complex does look like it will be nice.

Kinda reminds me of the architecture in Frisco Texas hope this doesn’t just keep up in Edmond but in Moore Norman as well I am really excited to see the growth in the next 50 years for Oklahoma City

Been reading lots of [dumb] anti-courthouse rhetoric on social media about how it's going to bring a criminal element within a block of the elementary school there. I mean... if speeding tickets and code violations are how you define as a criminal element, how Edmond of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Been reading lots of [dumb] anti-courthouse rhetoric on social media about how it's going to bring a criminal element within a block of the elementary school there. I mean... if speeding tickets and code violations are how you define as a criminal element, how Edmond of you.
    There is a lady spreading that this will bring sex offenders next to the school. She doesn't understand those crimes are not addressed at this location. She also mentioned a lot of other false narratives.

Mixing materials & textures is the new way of making an architectural style that will last decades, and not look "dated". We love and appreciate the look of new, sleek, bright & open with this mix of materials! Well done, Edmond. Love watching us grow.

Failed mayoral candidate Brian Shellem has filed 3 referendum petitions to bring to a city wide vote the city hall, the parking garage, and the other is for the YMCA/Library project. Seems a little much after losing the election where he kind of ran on opposing these projects. I guess its ok to let citizens vote on it, however, several million has already been spent on some of these projects for land and design work.
    https://nondoc.com/2023/04/11/edmond...city-projects/

Also, another referendum petition is being attempted to stop an apartment complex at 33rd and Kelly. Im sure the petitioners are using the same old criticisms of traffic, water run off, crime, schools, etc.

Knowing Edmond it’ll probably get on the ballot and fail. Many Edmond voters don’t seem to be the most intelligent or caring other than “vote on allowing this to be built because of traffic and crime and light pollution.” This time they’ll add bonus points for “we’re being taxed to death and this is wasted tax payer money.” I guess some people don’t care city workers are operating out of a converted church and working in basements due to lack of space. Typical Edmond nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Also, another referendum petition is being attempted to stop an apartment complex at 33rd and Kelly. Im sure the petitioners are using the same old criticisms of traffic, water run off, crime, schools, etc.
    I knew about the 3 from Shellem but now about the other one, so I was confused last weekend when I saw a guy trying to get cars to stop at Pelican Bay to sign a petition against "200 apartments IN YOUR BACKYARD."

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Failed mayoral candidate Brian Shellem has filed 3 referendum petitions to bring to a city wide vote the city hall, the parking garage, and the other is for the YMCA/Library project. Seems a little much after losing the election where he kind of ran on opposing these projects. I guess its ok to let citizens vote on it, however, several million has already been spent on some of these projects for land and design work.
    https://nondoc.com/2023/04/11/edmond...city-projects/

That's absurd. The location of the proposed apartments is surrounded on three sides by commercial uses.

And the only nearby neighborhood (Hidden Prairie) isn't particularly nice. Those folks aren't rich enough, imo, to be blocking dense multi-family uses in the offsets.

Welcome to Edmond

The campaign for the petition against the apartment complex abutting the Hidden Prairie neighborhood is misinformation in its finest form. Save the trees! Implying the project would destroy trees in the neighborhood greenbelt. The proposed project backs up to the greenbelt and the site does contain numerous trees but nothing in the greenbelt would be affected. Any project on that site will require removal of trees. I fully understand the concern of apartment homes adjacent to single family homes but please be truthful instead of spreading false information to stir up the uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    There is a lady spreading that this will bring sex offenders next to the school. She doesn't understand those crimes are not addressed at this location. She also mentioned a lot of other false narratives.
    I have told her exactly this. She is not persuaded by facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I have told her exactly this. She is not persuaded by facts.
    Genuinely curious: would the State and/or County election boards care at all about the misinformation campaigns being run by these Edmond Karens and Kevins?

Thread Information