Widgets Magazine

Thread: Roaster's Market

Norman Roaster's Market

Plans have been put in front of the Pre-Development & Planning Commission for a "Norman-owned restaurant, specialty coffee shop, and market with state-of-the-art fueling and e-charging" on the corner of Highway 9 and 24th Ave SW (across from Atwoods). This corner has been empty for so many years, this seems to be a great addition to this intersection.

Roaster's Market.jpg
    Roaster's Market 2.jpg

https://www.roastersmarkets.com/

Roaster's Market currently has a location in Ada

Default Re: Roaster's Market

^

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I bet we start to see more new places that feature fast charging stations and also integrate places to wait, like coffee shops and bakeries.

Almost all the new gas stations (OnCue, 7-Eleven, Domino, Casey's) have kitchens but none of them have incorporated inside space where it would be nice to spend some time; at best there are a few metal tables to slam down fast-food.

You'd think Starbucks and the like would start integrating charging stations in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I bet we start to see more new places that feature fast charging stations and also integrate places to wait, like coffee shops and bakeries.

Almost all the new gas stations (OnCue, 7-Eleven, Domino, Casey's) have kitchens but none of them have incorporated inside space where it would be nice to spend some time; at best there are a few metal tables to slam down fast-food.

You'd think Starbucks and the like would start integrating charging stations in the area.
    My thoughts exactly, it looks like Starbucks and Volvo have teamed up to test out a new charging model for Starbucks' locations but I am surprised with all of the EV commitments made by major automotive brands, that you haven't seen some of these other national retailers pilot other EV charging projects. Some of the ones that come to mind are Costco, Sam's Club (I know Walmart has teamed up with Electrify America but their reliability is trash), Simon Property Group, and Target.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90730929...future-for-evs

You can bet we'll start to see some next-generation fueling/convenience stores that will incorporate lounges, nice coffee shops, bookstores, full cafes and places to hang with your laptop and smartphone while your car recharges.

In Oklahoma, combining a smaller gaming facility with charging stations would make a lot of sense.

All the big gas chains are based on quick-in, quick-out models. They are not only going to miss out on the electric vehicle trend -- which is going to explode in the next 5 to 10 years -- but need strategies to get consumers to spend money while they are waiting. The only current comparison is an airport, a place where you have a captive travel audience.

It's a completely different business model.

I really want my next car to be electric but want to see a lot more progress in this area before I take the plunge.

5. Default Re: Roaster's Market

I really want my next car to be electric but want to see a lot more progress in this area before I take the plunge.
    We don't own one yet but we are having a charger installed at our new home build now with the plan to make the shift.

I've also noticed a lot of the rentals/AirBnB's we have stayed t recently have them already.

My issue with electric is road trips, especially since I am a one-car household. I don't want to spend any longer trip in constant range anxiety.

For those with at least two cars -- which is most American households -- then replacing one ICE vehicle with an all-electric version would make a ton of sense.

For me, the best step would be a PHEV as 98% of my car time could be accomplished in electric mode. But they are expensive and defeat one of the big advantages of not having so much maintenance and moving parts. So, since I have a big sentimental attachment to my current car which has been paid off for a very long time, I'll likely just wait until the battery tech and charging infrastructure take another leap forward. With most automakers now focused on electric, I bet there will be a tipping point in just a few years.

7. Default Re: Roaster's Market

My issue with electric is road trips, especially since I am a one-car household. I don't want to spend any longer trip in constant range anxiety..
    Same... Once we get moved to Ardmore the EV would just be used for work commute to Marietta..... I have 2 trucks and haven't made a car payment in over 20 years. I plan to drive them until they quit or become obsolete.

I'm wondering how it will effect rental car companies in the short to mid term.... I tend to put a lot of miles on a rental car when I travel and also don't want to deal with the limited range of EV's. Guessing there will be some growing pains through the transition from mostly gas vehicles to mostly electric..... Thankfully I'm pretty adaptable too.

Thread Information