Widgets Magazine

Thread: Commonplace Books Edmond

Edmond Commonplace Books Edmond

Stopped in here last night. Apparently it's no longer connected to Commonplace Midtown, though the current owner used to work for them.
    The very helpful sales clerk told me they are doing "Tote Bag Month" i.e. fill up one of their tote bags, get 50% off.
    The merch must be valued at $150 or more, but the totes are a good size so $75 can get you a lot of books, great for gifts.

Default Re: Commonplace Books Edmond

I like all of the people involved so I don't mean this in a dispiriting way, but I am very curious to hear what went down between Ben Nockels & the rest of the ownership group.

No idea. I had said I would look something up on their website and that's when she said they were only on Instagram and totally off the Midtown presence. If you click on commonplace books site, zero mention of Edmond anymore.

Same owner has also opened a "club" called Round Midnight 4 doors north of CommonPlace. I put club in quotes because the business model confuses me. I went on opening night, had some drinks, some charcuterie, met the hipster spinning vinyl for entertainment. Sent some friends who were turned away at the door and told it was "by reservation only"? They said they offered to pay a door cover and they only counted 7 people inside, but bouncer said they had to " buy door tickets online"?
    I'm fascinated by this business model. Has anyone else been and if so, did you walk in like an average pauve or is it now a membership club?

Thread Information