Widgets Magazine

Thread: Williams in Moore closed

Default Williams in Moore closed

I hadn't noticed the last few times I drove by, but apparently seeing on Facebook that Williams (formerly Cashsaver and GFF) has closed.

Posts on the Williams page indicate that "problems with the landlord, equipment, and City of Moore" were the issues. Anyone have more info? That building was always crap but you'd think they knew that and had a plan to address that when they came in there. Especially curious what the city had to do with it.

2. Default Re: Williams in Moore closed

I didnt even know there was a Williams in Moore. I've driven by there only a handful of times, but it never even registered in my mind. I guess that shows how visible the place is.

I had to do a google map to refresh myself, but it looks like the place was pretty small. Like maybe they divided up the larger building at some point? Those small Homeland footprints have always been their downfall. Homeland or otherwise, you put in a store that small, and you simply can't compete in terms of stock options.

I think the only way a grocery store would make it there, is if it took over the entire building. There are too many better options near by.

Default Re: Williams in Moore closed

It's the old GFF/Cashsaver location at 12th and Santa Fe. The footprint has not changed since it was GFF. It's a small-ish store but had room for all of the basics. It was especially good for a quick stop for the basics.

In my opinion, the issue with GFF is that it was run down and looked like it was stuck in the 80's. You could often find products on the shelf that were outdated. Sadly, nothing really changed when Cashsaver or Williams took over. The last time I was in there, most of the frozen section was out of order. Judging by comments on Facebook, they were out for at least a month and possibly fall under the "issues with the landlord / City of Moore" category.

There's not a ton of options nearby. Walmart has a few, but I'm anti-Walmart. Crest is a few miles either way, but it feels like prices at Crest have really shot up lately - higher than other stores.
    The next best thing (and where I had been going) was Winco, but since they decided to stop taking credit cards I decided to stop going there. I've actually started doing most of my stuff from Kroger Delivery at this point.

The store has been closed for months.......

We used to get BBQ at the little stand in the front of the store when it was GFF. Then something changed with the running of it when it went to Cash Saver. The people running it wouldn't trim the brisket like the older ladies that used to be there would, The ribs didn't seem the same so we quit going there completely.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    We used to get BBQ at the little stand in the front of the store when it was GFF. Then something changed with the running of it when it went to Cash Saver. The people running it wouldn't trim the brisket like the older ladies that used to be there would, The ribs didn't seem the same so we quit going there completely.
    Where did the rib place go to ?

Quote Originally Posted by pax150 View Post
    If they were run by the grocery store, its probably just gone.

I knew their days were numbered, once the Walmart neighborhood market moved in down the street. Lasted longer than I thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by pax150 View Post
    It was with the grocery store so it is long gone

To spit out the truth. The Walmart a mile south will just keep taking them out if more grocery stores go in that slot there needs to be a new Niche of retail or something for it to remain open for years to come. An Electronic store Like Micro Center would probably best suit the building while not letting it go out of business within a year. A thrift store Like Goodwill may also be a good option. Not saying ether will fill the spot just saying those are the two niches that would best fill the spot.

10. Default Re: Williams in Moore closed

I've driven by here a few times lately and noticed that the building seems to be filled up with shops now. One seems to be a fairly good sized gym. Flex i think? Just curious if anyone goes there to see what its like. When i've driven by, it looked pretty busy. Granted its the new year so all the new years resolution folks have created their annual memberships that will lapse in 3 months. But for somewhere so new, that was still an impressively full parking lot.

I'm further east, so i dont think i would switch to it, but if it's swanky, who knows......

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I've driven by here a few times lately and noticed that the building seems to be filled up with shops now. One seems to be a fairly good sized gym. Flex i think? Just curious if anyone goes there to see what its like. When i've driven by, it looked pretty busy. Granted its the new year so all the new years resolution folks have created their annual memberships that will lapse in 3 months. But for somewhere so new, that was still an impressively full parking lot.

I'm further east, so i dont think i would switch to it, but if it's swanky, who knows......
    Its four star gym i am pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Its four star gym i am pretty sure.
    You are correct, it is a 4 star gym, I thought they are going to try to get another store but putting a gym is pretty clever due to the space

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    You are correct, it is a 4 star gym, I thought they are going to try to get another store but putting a gym is pretty clever due to the space

yeah it would have been taken out by walmart within 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    It seems like that has been trend for a while with old mid size retail space, where either that chain shifted to larger buildings, or competitors came in with larger buildings. There are now three 80s era former grocery or clothing stores that are now gyms within a two mile radius of me, with a couple more in 2000s era speck strip mall space of similar size that I think may have been the first client.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    It seems like that has been trend for a while with old mid size retail space, where either that chain shifted to larger buildings, or competitors came in with larger buildings. There are now three 80s era former grocery or clothing stores that are now gyms within a two mile radius of me, with a couple more in 2000s era speck strip mall space of similar size that I think may have been the first client.
    That is true, you are right

16. Default Re: Williams in Moore closed

Anyone here been to the gym that's in this location? I've been at Shape on Eastern for a while but i'm getting frustrated with it and looking for a new gym that's closer.

Shape used to be one of the nicest gyms, but they've let it slide so much. The freeweights are in horrible shape. The AC never works but they say it's just hot because the fans aren't on. Sorry, 80 isn't because the fans aren't on folks. It's broken and it's been broken since October. They did fix some leather on some of the machines, but there are others that still need it and it was taking them weeks to get them done so i'm not just so antsy to have more machines out of service for that long.

I've been considering The Station/Golds/and this place. I'm not sure i want to go all the way to 19th for Golds from where i am. And I hear the Station is packed. But when i've driven by his place, it didn't look deserted either. But is it big enough that with that many people, you aren't sitting around waiting on machines?

17. Default Re: Williams in Moore closed

duplicate

Thread Information