Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Someone in Oklahoma County had to have upset Mother Nature big time for her to constantly bypass OKC with rain.

Hopefully that downpour from Kansas City to Des Moines plays out - would be super helpful for the Mississippi

No rain but at least the temperature took a big plunge and it's windy!

Got a decent amount of rain (20/30 minutes) in far NW okc.

5. Default Re: November 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Got a decent amount of rain (20/30 minutes) in far NW okc.
    My wife took off today and she texted that it was pouring. I looked at the driveway camera and it was a couple inches up the curb going down the street. Lasted about 20 minutes.

So far my place in south OKC hasn't gotten enough rain for my rain gauge to detect. It's only sprinkled just enough to get the concrete wet.

This second wave of rain is losing steam quickly. Wonder if it will even make it to okc before it dies completely.

Raining pretty good right now near 23rd and penn.

Western and especially eastern OK were the main benefactors from this system. Next rain chances are Wednesday 11/9, Friday 11/11 and Wednesday 11/16.

Interesting past few model runs are trying to bring snow into Oklahoma around 11/15-16.

Well that sounds like a sure recipe for an Ice Storm ☹️

Scattered light showers and storms with dense fog are expected overnight into Tuesday morning with southern winds and moisture returning across the region.

The rest of the week looks mild and windy before a front cools us down heading into the weekend.

Brace yourselves. Local TV met winter storm hype is coming.

A few models are consistently forecasting winter storm impacts across the south plains Monday night. Impacts are unknown at this time. Worth noting that ground temperatures are incredibly warm right now.

We will have a cold front blasting in tomorrow (Thursday) which will drop temps 30 degrees on highs and lows. Veterans day looks miserable with 20+mph winds from the N and highs in the 40s.

One was already showing amounts from the computer models tonight Wed 11-9 SMH

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    One was already showing amounts from the computer models tonight Wed 11-9 SMH
    Yeah, I’ve already had to talk my grandma off the ledge tonight with context about how the TV mets are going to frame it versus what the models actually show.

The forecast for today (on the Weather Channel app) changed every time I looked at it between yesterday afternoon and this morning, probably checked it 5-6 times. When will people learn that accurate predictions won't happen more than a few days out, and sometimes only a few hours out... ESPECIALLY in central OK.

Nice steady rain with small intervals of heavy downpours in Edmond near Danforth and I-35.

Not a bad little burst of rain. Picked up just a hair under 0.4" here on the southside.

Multiple models are in agreement that we could see some decent snow on Monday. Depends where the snow band sets up but some areas in central Oklahoma are set to get up to 7 inches. Will be interesting to see if this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Multiple models are in agreement that we could see some decent snow on Monday. Depends where the snow band sets up but some areas in central Oklahoma are set to get up to 7 inches. Will be interesting to see if this pans out.
    One run I'll wait until we get multiple runs saying that. Also ground pretty warm no way you would get half of that to stick.

Yes, ground temps are still in the 50F range for most of OK. However, these will go down during the weekend due to cold morning lows in the upper 20s.

Another factor is the deepness of the low will determine air temperatures during precipitation. At this time, the models are projecting a relatively deep low which means the storm can essentially 'cool' the air itself resulting in more favorable snow temps. Right now it looks like most models are giving surface air temperatures Monday afternoon around 34-35F. So heavy snow could be falling aloft where it is much colder, but it will begin melting as it nears the ground. It will be a fine line between heavy wet snowflakes that mostly melt on non elevated surfaces, and a very cold moderate rain (snow that melted before reaching ground).

Snow possible in the mountains of SE OK/W Arkansas tonight. With the autumn leaves at full peak this could be a good opportunity to get some cool pictures of the leaves in the snow. If not tonight they should get some Monday.

Mega snowage in NW OKC

I had my a/c running the day before yesterday!

Yes! Came out of Charleston’s on Memorial to big flakes coming down and the car dusted in snow.

Thread Information