Widgets Magazine

Thread: GLOCK Television Commercial

Default GLOCK Television Commercial

As I was waiting for NCIS: Los Angeles to wrap up and watch the KWTV evening news, I noticed a commercial for the handgun manufacturer GLOCK. The commercial shows a white woman who is very outdoorsy doing outside tasks and a pointer with the GLOCK logo pointed at different parts of her clothed body, alluding to a concealed weapon on her person. The commercial concludes with the statement "GLOCK Strong". I was very surprised as this is the first commercial for a firearms manufacturer that I have ever seen. I am curious if this is a new thing due to the increase in violent crime or if it was a fluke that the KWTV control room forgot to remove it and run a local television commercial.

Default Re: GLOCK Television Commercial

I've never seen a gun commercial that I can recall. When you reference the increase in violent crime... I haven't seen anything that points to it rising much.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I've never seen a gun commercial that I can recall. When you reference the increase in violent crime... I haven't seen anything that points to it rising much.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...sa-since-1990/
    I should have specified the increase in crime across the nation (NYC, Chicago, the West Coast, etc.) and not necessarily in Oklahoma or OKC proper. Since this was a nationwide CBS crime drama. I figured that the GLOCK commercial was sent to all CBS affiliate television TV stations across the nation and it is up to the local affiliate TV station to insert local advertiser's commercial into the place of the national commercials. The recent murder of the female jogger in Memphis, TN came to mind when I viewed the GLOCK commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I should have specified the increase in crime across the nation (NYC, Chicago, the West Coast, etc.) and not necessarily in Oklahoma or OKC proper. Since this was a nationwide CBS crime drama. I figured that the GLOCK commercial was sent to all CBS affiliate television TV stations across the nation and it is up to the local affiliate TV station to insert local advertiser's commercial into the place of the national commercials. The recent murder of the female jogger in Memphis, TN came to mind when I viewed the GLOCK commercial.
    local and national adds are usually in different slots ..

I have seen ads for H&H Shooting Sports for years. Back to when Miles Hall owned it.

6. Default Re: GLOCK Television Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I have seen ads for H&H Shooting Sports for years. Back to when Miles Hall owned it.
    I seem to remember Wilshire Gun airing commercials when they first opened. And these were probably satellite/cable channels but the Henry Rifle Co. and others have had commercials on TV for years. It's radio but Big Boys, H&H and Wilshire have commercials and remotes. Especially H&H.

I've seen and heard all of the advertisements from local firearm retailers and shooting ranges which is normal and fine. I have also seen the Henry repeating rifle infomercial. What makes this instance different is that it is a nationwide television commercial is from a global firearms manufacturer which not only produces a firearm for consumers but also has contracts with many local, national and foreign law enforcement agencies plus global military contracts. It is definitely a first for me to see.

Maybe we can start seeing ads from Smith&Wesson, Springfield Armory and Ruger instead of the Big Pharma ads during the nightly national news.

I'd be happy with much of anything to get rid of the political lies (adds) that are all such garbage.

There are gun commercials all the time on the outdoor channels, but those channels are hard to come by unless you have one of those massive satellite TV packages or something. We watch them when we go to Branson and stay in a resort, lol. You don't see these ads on "normal" channels because the targeted demographics for gun buyers are pretty narrow and gun manufacturers don't have huge marketing budgets as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Just FYI, Violent crime rate (per 100k) in Oklahoma in 2021 was 458.6. In California the violent crime rate was 442, New York was 363.8, and Illinois was 425.9.

The states with a higher Violent Crime rate than Oklahoma are:
    Nevada (460.29)
    Montana (469.84)
    Michigan (478.01)
    Arizona (484.81)
    South Dakota (501.39)
    South Carolina (530.68)
    Missouri (542.71)
    Louisiana (639.44)
    Arkansas (671.93)
    Tennessee (672.70)
    New Mexico (778.28)
    Alaska (837.85)

11. Default Re: GLOCK Television Commercial

I have seen the commercial on other channels. I usually take notice since I carry a glock.

12. Default Re: GLOCK Television Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by GaryOKC6 View Post
    I have seen the commercial on other channels. I usually take notice since I carry a glock.
    That was also the biggest thing that caught my attention.

Thread Information