Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beautification in OKC

Default Re: Beautification in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I volunteer to clean litter around Mulholland and many valley roads. It doesn’t matter what you do as soon as you clean it is as dirty the next day. Someone has to do it though! I don’t litter myself(I used to) but I don’t get mad at anyone who does anymore unless it’s in a national/state park/forest etc.
    That's great. You're not alone in wanting to do something like that. A man who lives in the 39th St. neighborhood has volunteered for at least several years to clean up the messes left there, much of it by homeless people. Sometimes his son helps him. Channel 4 even gave him a pay it forward $400 award a couple years ago.

https://kfor.com/news/pay-it-4ward/a...eys-heres-why/

Yes, overall the city is an ugly mess. For example, exit off of I-40, any exit downtown, and there’s litter, gutters filled with gravel and sand, rubber tire pieces, etc., the grass is usually dead in the summer, no landscaping, no trimming where the grass may be growing, I could go on and on! My suggestion would be to take a portion of the next MAPS bond issue and dedicate it for pure maintenance and beautification…long term. We continue to build, build, build and nothing is ever maintained!

3. Default Re: Beautification in OKC

Plant enough trees, keep them watered, trimmed, healthy and free from people setting up camps under them and you won't need to mow under them. Establishing a sufficiently funded "Dept. Of Beautification" through a MAPS type of program with an active charitable fund raising program could change things dramatically.

Yes, yes and yes!

Quote Originally Posted by BillBennett View Post
    Yes, overall the city is an ugly mess. For example, exit off of I-40, any exit downtown, and there’s litter, gutters filled with gravel and sand, rubber tire pieces, etc., the grass is usually dead in the summer, no landscaping, no trimming where the grass may be growing, I could go on and on! My suggestion would be to take a portion of the next MAPS bond issue and dedicate it for pure maintenance and beautification…long term. We continue to build, build, build and nothing is ever maintained!
    Have to disagree on the new boulevard, It's landscaped, with sprinkler system and it's maintained. May not be the greatest but it's not bad.

Thread Information