Widgets Magazine

Thread: Restaurant suggestions

Default Restaurant suggestions

Couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the restaurant forum. Hopefully I get plenty of views here.

I texted my 14 year old daughter the other night to ask what she wanted for Christmas. To my shock and pleasant surprise she said a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant. She wants to go some place she's never been before. She's adventurous and likes to try different things. Especially when it comes to food and dining.

I love Broadway 10 and I don't think she's ever been there. But I'm wanting some other suggestions. What about something at the First National Center? Or what about Park Avenue Grill? How is that?

Other thoughts? Suggestions?

TIA

Default Re: Restaurant suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Couldn't decide whether to post this here or in the restaurant forum. Hopefully I get plenty of views here.

I texted my 14 year old daughter the other night to ask what she wanted for Christmas. To my shock and pleasant surprise she said a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant. She wants to go some place she's never been before. She's adventurous and likes to try different things. Especially when it comes to food and dining.

I love Broadway 10 and I don't think she's ever been there. But I'm wanting some other suggestions. What about something at the First National Center? Or what about Park Avenue Grill? How is that?

TIA
    Grey Sweater would be my first suggestion. Aside from nonesuch, it is one of the more unique dining experiences in OKC. It's pricey, but the one time I've been was fantastic.

3. Default Re: Restaurant suggestions

Nonesuch or Fait Maison get my vote.

4. Default Re: Restaurant suggestions

I agree with all of the above.

Also Living Kitchen Dairy and Farm if they make December reservations available.... It's a bit of a drive to get to but well worth the drive.

Ludivine, in addition to the ones already mentioned.

Rose Room

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post

TIA
    there are some great selections above but would very very high end price wise ( which may be what you are looking for) depending on what type of food you are going for Ludivine / black walnut / Mahoghony downtown / B10 would all be great selections .. at price points less then grey sweater and nonesuch ..

The Melting Pot in Bricktown is a great spot and a very unique dining experience.

Vast atop Devon Tower would knock her socks off, as would Tellers in First National Center.

Thanks all for the quick responses. Keep 'em coming if you've got any more.

Back to my suggestions, if you are planning this around Christmastime, a nice walk through Myriad Gardens is one of the best things you can do in this town, especially during the holidays.

There is the ice rink (opens Nov. 11) but the entire park is decorated so nicely with many things to do in December.

For a younger diner and the timing I have to say Pete's suggestion of Vast would be a fantastic idea. You could also consider Piatto, Ludivine, or Signature Grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Back to my suggestions, if you are planning this around Christmastime, a nice walk through Myriad Gardens is one of the best things you can do in this town, especially during the holidays.

There is the ice rink (opens Nov. 11) but the entire park is decorated so nicely with many things to do in December.
    Great ideas. Thanks.

The restaurant at The Bradford House on North Classen Avenue is terrific.

Frida always an excellent choice.

Honestly, Nonesuch and Grey Sweater, if you can get in and if you are okay with spending ~$450 between the 2 of you are going to be the most elevated experiences you can purchase just because so few places do set course menus.

Everything else mentioned in the thread is a great choice. I'd stick away from prime steakhouse as those don't really push your palette forward.

I would vote for Signature Grill myself.

My wife and I really enjoy Patrono just west of the Art Museum.

Thread Information