Widgets Magazine

Thread: Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

1. Far North Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

What looks like a similar idea, sans pool, to the pool bar at the Fordson, The Colcord had the grand opening last night!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0355.jpeg 
Views:	221 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	18798

Default Re: Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

Probably a good idea to spin that patio off from Flint- never saw anyone utilizing that great patio space.
    Gonna have to go drink some solera quench there asap.

It's fantastic space that doesn't see much use.

Hope this helps.

4. Default Re: Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

Part of the reason it historically doesn’t see much use is because they didn’t even TRY to utilize it. As in not even allowing folks out there without service on gorgeous days. I gave up asking. Sometimes decisions like that are very staff-driven and/or staff SHORTAGE driven. Glad that it seems now like they are of a mind to utilize it.

5. Default Re: Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

When I worked at the Colcord before the Devon Tower started construction, people often used this patio space to get outside on a nice night and relax. It was also a great spot for them to go smoke. It was odd to me that after all the construction and the new restaurant went in, they almost made it impossible for people to go out and enjoy it. I hope they have made the entrance from the building open and made it easy to access this new patio bar. Otherwise, it will fail.

I assume that is for the space to the west of the Colcord and not fronting Sheridan or is it both? It kind of feels like two different spaces.

7. Default Re: Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I assume that is for the space to the west of the Colcord and not fronting Sheridan or is it both? It kind of feels like two different spaces.
    On their website, it looks like they are only using the West patio and I am sure Flint still uses the patio to the South.

Name:	Flora Patio.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	739.3 KB 
ID:	18808

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Part of the reason it historically doesn’t see much use is because they didn’t even TRY to utilize it. As in not even allowing folks out there without service on gorgeous days. I gave up asking. Sometimes decisions like that are very staff-driven and/or staff SHORTAGE driven. Glad that it seems now like they are of a mind to utilize it.
    Couldn't agree more. Used to go out there a lot years ago but the last few years it's been rough. And generally such a great space with such lackluster service over the last 3-5 years. Hopefully that will change.

Went to Flora yesterday after work. It was a great experience. Live music and you can see and hear the Myriad Garden’s water fountain. The trolly would make its way by so it really had a cool urban vibe. The staff were very nice. They comped our pizza �� when we pointed out we were overcharged. It didn’t hurt that the weather was absolutely beautiful. Definitely going back before the dog days of summer.

Is there an external entrance or do you enter from the hotel?

How was the pizza?

You enter through the front door. The pizza was good. It's more of an appetizer size enough for two people.

12. Default Re: Flora Patio Retreat at the Colcord

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Went to Flora yesterday after work. It was a great experience. Live music and you can see and hear the Myriad Garden’s water fountain. The trolly would make its way by so it really had a cool urban vibe. The staff were very nice. They comped our pizza �� when we pointed out we were overcharged. It didn’t hurt that the weather was absolutely beautiful. Definitely going back before the dog days of summer.
    Thanks for letting us know. Now I want to try it out!

A few pics from Flora Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7104.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	18819

Name:	IMG_7130.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	991.0 KB 
ID:	18820

Thread Information