Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dado's Pizza

Default Dado's Pizza

The old Camilya's Mediterranean Cafè in Quail Plaza has closed but it looks like a new NYC pizza place is going in. New pizza ovens, subway tile walls and a water filtration system to get the dough just right. Rumored to open at the end of September and will be selling pizza by the slice. Anyone got any insight into this one ?

Default Re: NYC/Harlem Style Pizza Coming To Quail Plaza

Dado's Pizza. It's the guys from the Hamilton.

https://www.facebook.com/dado'spizzaokc

They actually bought a machine that replicates the NY water. They told me they hope to open by the end of this month, but that seems optimistic.

It's a funny location set back in Quail Plaza (NE corner of Hefner & May) a few doors down from Old School Bagel.

Default Re: NYC/Harlem Style Pizza Coming To Quail Plaza

Weird spot but look forward to trying it, esp since its NY Style. I probably would pass it over normally due to location but considering it's from solid operators I expect it will be good.

Default Re: Dado's Pizza

They have alot of work to do inside, I doubt they will open in 2 weeks

Had the chance to try this place tonight for their soft opening. I actually just picked it up to go, so can’t speak to the indoor experience, but wow. This is some great pizza. I personally think it competes with Empire, and may end up being better when all is said and done. The only pizza I’ve had in OKC that actually tastes a bit like Joe’s in NYC.

They were planning to open by the end of the week but had a delay and now it looks like next week if all goes well.

Dado's brings authentic NY pizza to OKC

Want authentic New York-style pizza? Dado's Pizza opens today (Friday 11/18) and they even bought a special water machine to duplicate NYC water's high mineral content which causes the dough to ferment in a unique way.

The local owners also learned their pizza-making craft at the original Dado's in Harlem.

Located at 10942 N. May in the Quail Plaza shopping center, you can order a NY slice or whole pie. Also, mozz sticks, garlic knots, wings, and salads.

Hours are Sun-Thu 11 AM to 10 PM and Fri & Sat 11 AM to 11 PM.

Dine-in or carry out; delivery will be added in the near future as will additional locations.

This is very close to where I work several days a week, so I will definately be trying this one!!

Hearing great things about their pizza.

Pete, how big is the inside as far as seating goes? Is it a small hole-in-the-wall type place (which would also be pleasantly authentic)?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Pete, how big is the inside as far as seating goes? Is it a small hole-in-the-wall type place (which would also be pleasantly authentic)?
    Yes, quite small inside. They do have that front patio and also a small courtyard (to the left in the photo below).

Here is a wide shot:

This looks legit.

I think it is kind of hilarious that some of this locations pricing exceed the NYC prices. I look forward to trying it, hopefully it isn't too floppy, and they really get the texture of the dough right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I think it is kind of hilarious that some of this locations pricing exceed the NYC prices. I look forward to trying it, hopefully it isn't too floppy, and they really get the texture of the dough right.
    Just got back from Italy. Prices for NY size pizzas were generally $8-12. Food was way cheaper all over.

These days it seems OKC restaurant prices are higher than just about everywhere I travel. Must be the high real estate and labor prices

30 minute to 1 hour wait at 1:00 pm today. I assume that is for a whole pie. I did not think to ask about slices until we were gone.

16. Default Re: Dado's Pizza

I will root hard for a NY focused pizza joint in OKC, but those prices are rather ridiculous. Johns of Bleecker in Manhattan, considered by many to be the best NY style pizza in the country (including myself), is priced below Dado's in OKC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	john-s-pizzeria-menu-redesign-r13_orig.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	17742Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17742

Dado's prices are comparable to Empire Slice Shop and I haven't heard anybody complaining about their prices, just talk about how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    I will root hard for a NY focused pizza joint in OKC, but those prices are rather ridiculous. Johns of Bleecker in Manhattan, considered by many to be the best NY style pizza in the country (including myself), is priced below Dado's in OKC.

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17742Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17742
    Dado's pizzas are substantially larger. At least 20" vs. 16" at John's.

That's a difference of more than 50% in total size.

Johns of Bleecker in Manhattan, considered by many to be the best NY style pizza in the country (including myself), is priced below Dado's in OKC.
    according to the menu you posted, a large *cheese* pizza is $23 at john's of bleecker. each topping is an additional $5. on that exact menu, their supreme pizza is literally $49 which is almost the price of 2 pizzas from dado's with toppings.

larger version of the menu: Menu (johnsofbleecker.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dado's prices are comparable to Empire Slice Shop and I haven't heard anybody complaining about their prices, just talk about how good it is.
    Agreed. The only reason I mentioned the pricing was I thought it was funny the Jamaican meat pies and the beer were both $1 more in OKC vs NY.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Agreed. The only reason I mentioned the pricing was I thought it was funny the Jamaican meat pies and the beer were both $1 more in OKC vs NY.
    Seems more like a quantity of vendors in NYC compared to here. More options and competition means lower prices. True capitalism at its finest. There are so few NY pizza places here, that the prices can be higher.

$4.50 for a huge slice of quality pizza is not a high price to pay.

A freaking Big Mac is now $6.89 in OKC.

Not to mention they probably dont need tech cause the water is from the source...

24. Default Re: Dado's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Empire is also a full service restaurant. Dado's does not appear to be.

Empire is also a full service restaurant. Dado's does not appear to be.
    Empire Slice Shop (not the location in the Plaza) is setup very similar to Dado's.

Thread Information