Widgets Magazine

Thread: OU Sooner Hockey 22-23

1. Default OU Sooner Hockey 22-23

Sooner hockey kicks off the season against Alabama on the 9th and 10th. Puck drops at 7:45.

Playing at Arctic Edge this year.

Default Re: OU Sooner Hockey 22-23

Bummer that it relocated so far from campus. I usually went to a couple games during the season.

Is there a reason they aren't playing at Blazers Ice Center anymore?

4. Default Re: OU Sooner Hockey 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Is there a reason they aren't playing at Blazers Ice Center anymore?
    I don't know the whole story but it has to do with the team moving here from Wichita Falls. I think they are still practicing at the Blazers Ice Center.

I haven't looked at UCO's schedule but I'm guessing the two teams will be sharing the ice with one playing afternoon games and one playing evening.

UCO has a much larger fan base and parking for the OU/UCO games was almost as much of a battle as the game. So even though Arctic Edge has 2 rinks I don't think they could have both teams playing there at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I haven't looked at UCO's schedule but I'm guessing the two teams will be sharing the ice with one playing afternoon games and one playing evening.
    Even better, it's three teams sharing as Oklahoma State started up a club team last season as well. OSU went into the ACHA Division II, playing in the Texas Collegiate Hockey Conference this season, while OU and UCO are still ACHA Division I. Like you mentioned, lots of afternoon/evening splits on shared nights.

We also get our first instances of OSU/OU Bedlam at Arctic on Nov 4th, and the BOK Center in Tulsa on Nov 5th.

6. Default Re: OU Sooner Hockey 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by ericrsports View Post
    Even better, it's three teams sharing as Oklahoma State started up a club team last season as well. OSU went into the ACHA Division II, playing in the Texas Collegiate Hockey Conference this season, while OU and UCO are still ACHA Division I.
    I wondered where OSU was going to be playing their games.... Do they even have a practice rink in Stillwater?

Blog Entries

OSU Re: OU Sooner Hockey 22-23

They (OSU) have ice making equipment underneath the floor at Gallagher-Iba Arenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I wondered where OSU was going to be playing their games.... Do they even have a practice rink in Stillwater?
    They don't, everything's been out of Arctic so far.

EDIT: Thinking back, there may have been one or two practices at Oilers Ice Centre in Tulsa, but again, nothing local.

Thread Information