Widgets Magazine
Page 121 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2171116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4030

Thread: New Downtown Arena

Default Re: New Downtown Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I don't recall reading this type letter when BOK Center was being voted on.
    That's probably because BOK Center doesn't have a major tenant. That seems to change the politics.

I find the use of "Windows 95" in paragraph 3 to be odd. I say odd because it immediately makes us think that Paycom is about that age and must be as useless as the reference here.

The paragraph 4 use of "3 arenas built since 2020 with no public money" does not apply IMO. Those were all built in top 10 population metropolitan areas by incredibly wealthy owners, where the economic return is not in doubt. If OKC were comparable we wouldn't be having this vote. Keep it apples to apples.
    yep completely out of touch with reality they also don't mention that OKC is building this with OUT taking on long term debt ... which is also a MASSIVE difference ..

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Holt has said multiple times that another vote or deal won't happen if this fails - it's one shot
    This reminds mean of the car salesman or telemarketer telling me this "deal is available only for today".

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Nah that's a false comparison. There was no wealthy group profiting from the outlay of public funds - .
    another false statement .. no wealthy group is profiting from the new arena ..

if they wanted to "profit" they would move the team to a larger market .. or sell the team ..

5. Default Re: New Downtown Arena

If I had to rely on mail to know about the vote I'd miss it. We've had none.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    This reminds mean of the car salesman or telemarketer telling me this "deal is available only for today".
    Well it is. Why do you think Holt randomly announced all this? The owners received a bid to buy the team, and are doing this to prevent selling or make more money in the long run. If it doesn't pass, they will sell. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Well it is. Why do you think Holt randomly announced all this? The owners received a bid to buy the team, and are doing this to prevent selling or make more money in the long run. If it doesn't pass, they will sell. Simple as that.
    Receipts on the bid? Who? How much? When? Or are you per usual just posting random nonsense and or hearsay?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    We're in 73112 just 5-6 blocks south of Pete and have received the same mailers on the same days he has.

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    Receipts on the bid? Who? How much? When? Or are you per usual just posting random nonsense and or hearsay?
    Awe, you're so cute! It's common sense. There was no talk of a new arena anytime soon, then one day, Holt drops a pipe bomb. Yeah, I am an auditor for a CPA firm who doesn't believe in coincidences.

Not sure why a group of billionaires would show me, or if I had seen it, why I'd tell you anything about it. Lol

Just reading between the lines. He has been pushing this majorly, and been kind of standoff-ish about it on social media. He knows what could happen with a no vote.

These factors tell me all I need to know.

Blog Entries

Awe, you're so cute! It's common sense. There was no talk of a new arena anytime soon, then one day, Holt drops a pipe bomb. Yeah, I am an auditor for a CPA firm who doesn't believe in coincidences.

Not sure why a group of billionaires would show me, or if I had seen it, why I'd tell you anything about it. Lol

Just reading between the lines. He has been pushing this majorly, and been kind of standoff-ish about it on social media. He knows what could happen with a no vote.

In other words, you have no evidence of anything.

Auditor in CPA firm assures no insight on anything. Dealing in conjecture and trying to sell it as a vision into anything is misplaced. Call it what it is... a dreamed up opinion.

As far as no talk.... it's been talked about for some time in many circles in this city. YOU may not have been included, but that doesn't mean it is sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    To be fair, it's no less speculative than saying there's a do-over vote on tap or that the Thunder are going to build an arena on their own if this vote fails. There's nothing to support either of those happening at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    As far as no talk.... it's been talked about for some time in many circles in this city. YOU may not have been included, but that doesn't mean it is sudden.
    By who, how much, and when?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    By who, how much, and when?
    Seriously? LOL. I've spoken to many well placed businessmen over the last 5 years where it has been a topic of conversation and speculation. Everyone has know that this was going to be an issue. It is just that many think now is the most opportune time to make it happen.

The lack of coincidence of timing is probably that there is ramped up talk of NBA expansion and number of cities capable and eager to have an NBA team. The threat is as real as is the outdatedness and limitations of our current facility to be a major city venue for world class events on a consistent basis.

chs is probably right... no coincidence. Just good timing for concerns already expressed and plans wanting to proceed.

In other words, you have no evidence of anything.

Auditor in CPA firm assures no insight on anything. Dealing in conjecture and trying to sell it as a vision into anything is misplaced. Call it what it is... a dreamed up opinion.

Mhmmm, yeah. So just out of nowhere, everything happened to come together at the State of the City address?

Again, I am an auditor for a CPA firm, and we are literally instructed to not believe in coincidences.

It is an opinion, yes, but one based in how this whole litigation has been handled, from all sides. The owners not budging on an amount to input (actually lowering from original projections), the mayor being very standoff-ish about it, the chamber spamming people with vote yes mailers, etc. They all know something big will happen if there is a no vote. You can believe in happy accidents or coincidences, but I refuse to.

Seriously? LOL. I've spoken to many well placed businessmen over the last 5 years where it has been a topic of conversation and speculation. Everyone has know that this was going to be an issue. It is just that many think now is the most opportune time to make it happen.

The lack of coincidence of timing is probably that there is ramped up talk of NBA expansion and number of cities capable and eager to have an NBA team. The threat is as real as is the outdatedness and limitations of our current facility to be a major city venue for world class events on a consistent basis.

chs is probably right... no coincidence. Just good timing for concerns already expressed and plans wanting to proceed.
    Sorry, I misread your post as addressing the speculation of a re-do if this fails, as in that's what you were saying is being talked about.

Seems to me that the OKC timeline was something along the lines of....

Latest MAPS vote.

County Jail vote.

For the NBA, it has been.

New CBA/labor peace

TV/Media rights deal.

Thunder arena. Because they want some certainty before...

Elevate expansion talks

I think there are many qualified and interest buyers for any NBA team. My guess is the NBA could have all 30 teams change hands in the next 2 years if they wanted. There are that many potential buyers worldwide. I think the league has an investment advisory firm under contract to investigate and qualify buyer groups on a year round basis. And these guys don't care where the team is, they just want to be in the league.

Out of curiosity, are you a reliable voter in every election? Or more likely, do you vote 50-80% of the time there's an election but don't turn out for every single one? I am fascinated by election strategies and the decisions made for targeting demographics. We've only received two, but they were addressed to my spouse, not to me. It's the same reason I suspect I've never been asked to be a part of a political poll.

Please forgive me, because I just have to ask. Your home is in the Oklahoma City limits? Some person is a registered voter who uses that address? They have voted within the last 5-10 years?

19. Default Re: New Downtown Arena

Please forgive me, because I just have to ask. Your home is in the Oklahoma City limits? Some person is a registered voter who uses that address? They have voted within the last 5-10 years?
    Very much in OKC. Hefner and Rockwell. For 23 years. Both registered and vote at the least in every presidential election.

Very much in OKC. Hefner and Rockwell. For 23 years. Both registered and vote at the least in every presidential election.
    I'm sure they are targeting people who vote in almost all the local OKC elections.

That describes me and my friends who have been getting all the mailings.

Looks legit to me!

I'm fairgrounds area, democrat, voted 43 times since whenever the Oklahoma voter site starts counting. I think it was 2000?

I got my second vote yes card in the mail today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure they are targeting people who vote in almost all the local OKC elections.

That describes me and my friends who have been getting all the mailings.
    Us too, we vote in every single election we're in town for.

23. Default Re: New Downtown Arena

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Holt has said multiple times that another vote or deal won't happen if this fails - it's one shot
    I mean, of course he’s going to say that. Doesn’t mean it’s even remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Most people have absolutely no idea what is going on at the local level for politics. It only gets slightly better for state level issues, and slightly better again for national politics. It is not about living your life on OKC talk or OKC social media. It is about being informed, which unfortunately most people are not. We have so many potential distractions now that it is easier than ever to be disengaged from your community. Around election season I always break out the voter applications and encourage my staff to vote. I do not encourage them to vote one way or the other, but I do push them to participate. Even when I expedite all the "hard parts" I still only see 2-3 out of every 10 new voters actually go out and get their sticker regularly.

I am not a huge fan of how this arena proposal has been handled, but if it does not pass I will seriously look at relocating. This vote failing is OKC taking a step back from progress. I see recruiters for different companies every single day. The Thunder, the arena and the events it offers are a huge asset for recruiting talent into the city. Without it we will most certainly lose a major part of this city's X factor. I hope all of you get out to vote, and I also hope your vote is yes. Future MAPS style projects will be more successful if we make the right decision and vote yes on this arena.

I'm a hard YES. . .and older than the dirt in some of your backyards so I well remember when we rolled up the sidewalks in downtown OKC. . . before the Myriad, OKCMOA, Bricktown and the Canal, before there were "Districts" and, for the most part if you wanted any kind of excitement/entertainment, you had to go to Dallas or KC. Hopefully we can keep the train on the tracks!!

I am cute! Although, that has nothing to do with you being a clown or completely full of crap, speculation, and apparently in desperate need of attention and to feel some sort of importance on a forum. LOL same clown who announced the Dream hotel and condo project was scrapped because the timeline didn't fit your fairytale timeframe. Bless your heart .

Thread Information