Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kickingbird Golf Course

Default Re: Kickingbird Golf Course

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    This literally needs to happen on every main road in Edmond, unless you mean they need to expand it even further like Covell between Kelly and Broadway or 15th between Fretz and Santa Fe with a full divided median.
    what i mean is that edmond wants to have roads like the New Covell improvements ..... left turn lanes (and right) where appropriate not just 5 lane in the entire stretch ..

Anyone have any reviews of the course, practice facilities and clubhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Anyone have any reviews of the course, practice facilities and clubhouse?
    nah. we're too locked in on the fences and turn lanes to worry about silly stuff like that!

4. Default Re: Kickingbird Golf Course

I haven’t played the course yet, but I hit balls there last week. The clubhouse is very nice, but more cramped feeling than I expected. The bar nearest the range felt pretty small, but the restaurant was a bit more generous. One other thing I noticed is that when standing at the register at the bar to check out (I bought waters for the range) you constantly felt underfoot as people moved through the building, as the coolers and register are basically in the passageway.

All of that said, not a complaint. The finishes were nice. The range is excellent (though I wish the ball dispenser would take cards…requires you to go into pro shop and buy a code). There’s a nice section at the top with a strip of turf, where you could I’m sure hit if it’s too wet in the grass or whatever. Also a really nice covered area with TopGolf style dispensers, monitors, turf in the bays.

The course looked pretty outstanding and to be in excellent shape. Can’t wait to give it a shot.

We ate at the Lookout, for dinner last week. Some good options, but they are not fully staffed, and busy. Much better than the previous digs, but maybe wait for more staffing, or go, knowing it will be a bit longer wait. They were gracious and apologized! Everything we had was good!

As far as tee-times, they are also FULL of tournaments promised that they are trying to fit in, before open course times, so be patient!

Thread Information