Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lucchese

Far North Lucchese

As I had posted earlier, bootmaker Lucchese has submitted plans for a store in First National Center.

The space will front Park Avenue and be just east of the revolving doors that lead into the corridor that runs from Robinson to Broadway (which the new owners are calling the gallery). It will also have a dedicated entrance on Park and another directly into the gallery.

They are using the same interior designer of their Houston flagship store, and the OKC store should look very similar and be quite sizeable, with apparel and accessories as well as boots.

https://www.lynmuseinteriors.com/lucchese-showroom

Default Re: Lucchese

I really cannot wait! I'm so excited for this store to be here.

I’m excited for this despite boots not being part of my fashion arsenal and some of Lucchese’s stuff being out of my regular price range, but I genuinely hope they’re as successful as they can be if for no other reason than to entice other retailers to open stores downtown.

4. Default Re: Lucchese

^ this. Hope this is just the beginning for upscale retail for the Park Avenue High Street.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

5. Default Re: Lucchese

The beginning was across the street at B.C. Clark Jewelers’ flagship store, which has fronted Park Avenue for many, MANY decades and stuck with downtown OKC through the good AND the bad. I’m sure the Clarks are pleased to have Lucchese nearby. Very complementary neighbors, I’d say.

Preview of the Lucchese sign which will be going up soon:

Oklahoma's first @lucchese store opened Friday in the First National Center at 120 Park Avenue.

In addition to high-end handmade boots for men and women, the beautiful store also offers clothing and accessories.

First National's retail arcade is coming back to life. Yesterday, The Gilded Acorn opened and the cool barbershop is also open for business. Soon to join them are Plenty Mercantile, The Dry Bar, Stock & Bond restaurant and some others.

Hours are 10 to 7 Monday – Saturday, Sunday 12-5.

8. Default Re: Lucchese

Why are we excited about this and calling this the first one when there was one at the outlet for years?

It seems like some are excited for the brand and others are excited at the prospect of retail coming back to downtown in a larger scale than it has been in years. I’d hardly say this is the buzz of the city though. Also, the difference between a full retail and an outlet location is usually discernible. By all means, it’s the first non-discount location in Oklahoma. It seems unimportant whether it’s noted or not that there was an outlet location prior.

10. Default Re: Lucchese

this is adding to the Park Avenue High Street and Oklahoma City's downtown. I'm not the target audience per say - but I am elated that they are open along with DryBar and Plenty, and I hope more high end stores are to come and are well supported by the city. Lucchese also gives Teaners and Langstons competition; giving OKC the full scope of retail for that type of retail.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

How much better are these than Tecovas? I'm guessing like 40-50% better?

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    How much better are these than Tecovas? I'm guessing like 40-50% better?
    Hard to put a number on it but these are definitely higher quality though Tecovas boots are probably more comfortable in general

I have a pair of each.

The Tecovas are good. Maybe even very good. They are comfortable enough, for boots. Can get away wearing them a full day and my feet may feel it a touch, but not too bad.

My Lucchese's are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own (of any type, which includes some fairly nice dress shoes, tennis shoes, etc). Mine are fairly plain, but the quality of the leathers across the range is pretty top notch as well and the overall "feel" of the boot is quite a bit nicer.

I'd say Tecovas are more than adequate for 99% of folks. However, if you have the means (or can get them as a gift like I did) the Lucchese's are hard to beat and if you wore nice/dress boots regularly I'd say they're worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    the Lucchese's are hard to beat and if you wore nice/dress boots regularly I'd say they're worth the investment.
    I have a pair of Lucchese's bought in 2011 that I still wear occasionally. After a shine they still look brand new. Definitely worth the high initial cost.

Thread Information