Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Weather September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

3rd wettest month of the year, on average...

Default Re: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Light to moderate rain in central OK this morning, spreading northeast this afternoon

HRRR for 2 pm

With more rain headed to OKC from the southwest, this is turning into a nice little rainfall.

I'll take anything at this point.

4. Default Re: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    With more rain headed to OKC from the southwest, this is turning into a nice little rainfall.

Yep... But I have a set of golf clubs in my truck right now that didn't see this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

For sure. It's a nice gentle soaking rain, coming down at a little under a quarter inch per hour at my place. Sitting at 0.3" of rain so far for the day.

Let's hope this will help in sealing up all the huge crack in the clay soil and minimize cracking house foundation issues.

I feel like the NWS really miffed on this latest rain event. The GFS models have been erratic recently but they nailed this.

Some scattered storms around Saturday but overall the weekend looks pretty nice with highs around 90. Best chance of rain the following week is Wednesday with highs in the high 80's.

The models have been showing a tropical system moving up from Mexico toward the end of the week. Lately it has been showing movement further west but if that shifts east it could impact our weather into next weekend.

This is the greenest I've seen this map since early June

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I feel like the NWS really miffed on this latest rain event. The GFS models have been erratic recently but they nailed this.

Some scattered storms around Saturday but overall the weekend looks pretty nice with highs around 90. Best chance of rain the following week is Wednesday with highs in the high 80's.

The models have been showing a tropical system moving up from Mexico toward the end of the week. Lately it has been showing movement further west but if that shifts east it could impact our weather into next weekend.

This is the greenest I've seen this map since early June
    So glad to see that map so green and what a great start to September! We picked up just over an inch and a half at my place.

Looking at a dry week as high pressure dominates. Chances for rain increase Sunday mainly in eastern OK. Better chances across the state around the 20th

I got a nice soaking this morning around 6 AM... Almost an inch.

Don't know if my lawn is going to make it back before things turn cold but already looks a lot better.

11. Default Re: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Looks like the week of the 12th going back to the heat dome. False fall is over and 3rd summer returns.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Looks like the week of the 12th going back to the heat dome. False fall is over and 3rd summer returns.
    Yeah, I don't care about low 90s temps. Those are nothing!

I feel like this typically happens in September then all of a sudden it turns cold

As the high pressure dominates the west and blocks any systems from impacting our weather I saw an interesting stat: Salt Lake City just hit 100+ degrees for the 32nd time this year. Their average is 21 times a year. Denver has also hit 100+ several times this year which is unusual.

I lost count of how many 100+ days OKC has had in 2022. It looks like Tulsa has had 27 days which is way more than usual but a far cry from the record of 65 days in 1936..

As the high pressure dominates the west and blocks any systems from impacting our weather I saw an interesting stat: Salt Lake City just hit 100+ degrees for the 32nd time this year. Their average is 21 times a year. Denver has also hit 100+ several times this year which is unusual.

I lost count of how many 100+ days OKC has had in 2022. It looks like Tulsa has had 27 days which is way more than usual but a far cry from the record of 65 days in 1936..
    Looks like OKC has had 21.

https://www.mesonet.org/index.php/we...ir_temperature

The airport has had 24.

My weather station in Stillwater had 27 days. The highest temp was 109.

It hasn't just been the 100+ days, it's that it started getting very hot early in June and through at least mid-September we're still looking at mid-90s.

And of course, almost no rain.

Just a horrible summer and I can't wait for it to end.

Ready for soup weather

Yeah I'm ready for some cooler temps for sure. Still though, it's pretty remarkable how much more tolerable 94 degrees feels vs 104 degrees.

^

Yes, and part of that is shorter days which help.

I just wish we could enjoy fall like temperatures for 3-4 months. But it seems like fall temps don't last long, maybe 3-4 weeks at most.

^

Same with spring.

It seems our winters and summers keep getting longer.

I was buoyed psychologically by the big rain we had last Thursday. Now, it seems like we're in hell again. Drove to Eastern Oklahoma last weekend and it was sad the number of trees that are dead or dying. Hope this isn't a harbinger of the future, but I can't help to believe it is. The country this year either has punishing heat and drought or "1000-year" flooding events. Such is our future apparently.

A lot of trees and shrubs have died and a bunch more had portions die.

I've seen some pretty big limbs come down, including in my own backyard.

All summer, I've been trying to save an evergreen and I'm not sure it's going to make it.

Our crazy extreme temps have been even more so the last couple of years and you can see the damage the weather has done.

Thread Information