Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

We are definitely stuck in a dry pattern right now with Hurricane Kay sucking the life out of everything and down toward the Baja California.

Should see temperatures get knocked down to below average with a front this coming Sunday.

The nighttime lows have been in the 60's which has made the mornings feel much nicer.

Slight chances of some storms with the front this weekend, possibly better chances this time next week with the leftover remnants of Kay moving east. Another storm front expected around the 19th/20th

^

For the first time since early June, when I go out to walk at about 6 AM it's been slightly cool. Feels awesome.

Some improvement but more widespread rainfall is desperately needed across the state. Things will get worse before they get better as the forecast is mostly dry for the next couple weeks. Hints of a pattern change developing at the end of September.

Blog Entries

This is an interesting extreme heat map for the US thru this point of summer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E36A55C8-F6CB-4C40-8280-701E79AC6F15.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	17647

For anyone who has been waiting for the heat to break, it is absolutely picture-perfect outside at the moment. Tomorrow and Monday should be nice as well, but unfortunately looks like another lengthy streak of 90+ degree days starting on Tuesday.

Enjoy the cooler weather today and tomorrow. It heats back up this week and rain chances are now looking slim for the next two weeks. Strange pattern for late September with the lack of tropical activity and low pressure systems. Hoping we can finally get into a wet pattern in October.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Enjoy the cooler weather today and tomorrow. It heats back up this week and rain chances are now looking slim for the next two weeks. Strange pattern for late September with the lack of tropical activity and low pressure systems. Hoping we can finally get into a wet pattern in October.
    But the fair goes from 9/15 - 9/25, so that pretty much guarantees rain of some sort during that stretch of days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    But the fair goes from 9/15 - 9/25, so that pretty much guarantees rain of some sort during that stretch of days.
    Let’s hope so but this has been such a strange year

10. Default Re: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Let’s hope so but this has been such a strange year
    My Blaze Maple is so confused it's already started blazing.

Rain chances look absolutely hopeless through the weekend (honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we get 1-2 more 100 degree days if dewpoints mix out enough) but next week may be slightly more fruitful in that regard as the ridge starts to shift to the east.

The models were very depressing the past couple days but have been showing some hope in the past few runs. La Niña really handing it to us this year. Reminiscent of the late summer and fall of 2011 when the heat just wouldn’t ease up even into October.

Latest drought conditions get released tomorrow and it won't be good. Looking at drought history, 2022 could be a top 5 worst fire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Latest drought conditions get released tomorrow and it won't be good. Looking at drought history, 2022 could be a top 5 worst fire season.
    Worried about fire conditions over the next week. A glimmer of hope in the long-range models show a couple days of rain/storms around the 23rd

15. Default Re: September 2022 - General Weather Discussion

Reading the Ticker today it looks pretty doom and gloom for almost all of October. Below rainfall and above temps.

https://ticker.mesonet.org/

^^^Depressing. The ticker is sometimes known to be off, though, when it comes to long-term prediction models. It's hard to project that far in advance. Hopefully this is one of those times. Plus, there's the possibility of a tropical system changing the game. It's been pretty quiet in that regard this year.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    ^^^Depressing. The ticker is sometimes known to be off, though, when it comes to long-term prediction models. It's hard to project that far in advance. Hopefully this is one of those times. Plus, there's the possibility of a tropical system changing the game. It's been pretty quiet in that regard this year.
    I wouldn't say the Ticker is known the be off, it's just the long-term NWS forecasts he's referencing...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Some areas of extreme drought now showing up in east-central OK that haven't seen as much recent rainfall. It's been awhile since we've seen this level of drought throughout the state. Going to get worse before it gets better.

Sheesh. Mid-September and I’m still planning lake days with the family. It should be back porch, fire pit, roasted marshmallows, and long outdoor walks in the woods season but here we are. I’ve seen this before, as have most of you. It’s going to be stupid hot up until about the middle/end of October then BAM! Here comes a raging winter storm.

Oh. We need rain desperately. It is stupid dry right now.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Sheesh. Mid-September and I’m still planning lake days with the family. It should be back porch, fire pit, roasted marshmallows, and long outdoor walks in the woods season but here we are. I’ve seen this before, as have most of you. It’s going to be stupid hot up until about the middle/end of October then BAM! Here comes a raging winter storm.

Oh. We need rain desperately. It is stupid dry right now.
    I am loving the extra lake time and pool swimming though. The cool weather will be here soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    I am loving the extra lake time and pool swimming though. The cool weather will be here soon though.
    Honestly, I wouldn’t mind but fall is my favorite season. It’s about the best fishing weather you’re going to get in Oklahoma. However, every day over 90 is one less day of nice fall weather. I know we get mid-90’s in September. Been to my share of awfully warm football games, but getting heat waves that lasted multiple weeks in September seemed to be much less common than what we’ve had as of late.

Also, we need rain. The lakes are pretty low around here.

I'm done with summer it needs to go!

Watch, it will go straight from summer to winter.

Fall is my favorite season, too.

Some hints of storms late Sunday next weekend otherwise hot and dry all week. Record highs possible mid-week. I don’t remember the last time it was this dry in mid-September.

Last September was pretty, pretty dry as well…think we went about 25 consecutive days without any rain.

Thread Information