Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Marcos Mexican Restaurant nw 40th/MacArthur

1. Default Re: San Marcos Mexican Restaurant nw 40th/MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    It's been my observation and opinion over the years that not only are their residential type slumlords, there are also Retail slum lords.
    Ray Pelfrey was one of both.... Maybe 2 or 3 of both.

Default Re: San Marcos Mexican Restaurant nw 40th/MacArthur

This was my favorite San Marcos spot and my go-to for Mexican food. I wouldn't doubt if there was some hesitation to re-up the lease because of the awful road work that's crippled MacArthur for well over a year, but escaping a sh*tty landlord is good incentive as well. It's just bad news for those of us who live in the area and loved having them nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I like the Casa Perico at 63rd & Meridian.

Not great but Iove their warm spicy salsa they serve in a little skillet.
    I live within a five minute walk from there.

Oklahoma Tax Commission actually closed them. Has a pretty large outstanding balance on unpaid taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Okcborn90 View Post
    Oklahoma Tax Commission actually closed them. Has a pretty large outstanding balance on unpaid taxes.
    I conducted some research and found the owner was hit with a $350,000 judgment from the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

The owner is also being sued by Arvest Bank for an unpaid $86,000 promissory note and unpaid bill to US Foods.

The same guy, Erik Deloera, also owns Senor Shots in Bricktown and there have been multiple lawsuits there as well.

Sorry for the mis-information. It's what I was told from someone that knows and sees Erik more then me. But if Erik is in that big of a mess especially with the Tax Comm, I doubt he's being open and honest with anyone.

Bars and bar-heavy restaurants have a ton of money flowing through them and are fertile ground for paying employees under the table (to avoid related taxes) and under-reporting revenue.

It seems both the OTC and IRS are cracking down of late. Jeff Rogers of Rogers Concepts has had a bunch of big liens filed against him and his various businesses (Yo Pablo, Pig & Butcher and Pink Parrot). I was told that the IRS actually seized some of his accounts (I verified several hundred thousand in tax liens were recently paid) which in turn forced him to sell Pink Parrot and take out some very high-interest loans (something I was also able to verify). Rogers still owes hundreds of thousands to the OTC according to filed tax liens.

I have talked to the OTC in the past and was told they don't like to close businesses because it greatly impedes the ability to be repaid. But when things get very bad and there is little hope, they step in. And the IRS can be vicious. They basically can just take money straight out of your accounts on their own authority, and that is my understanding of what happened to Jeff Rogers.

Thread Information