Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Blog Entries

Thunder Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Chet Holmgren

Unfortunate incident (injury) with Chet participating in the CrawsOver pro-am league in Seattle over the weekend. Just
    want to see Holmgren recover and return to the line-up before this upcoming 2022-23 season ends.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Chet Holmgren may possibly be out for half to a full season when you factor in rehab and recovery.

Will be an opportunity for aspiring players like Maledon, Waters III, Krejci, Pokusevski & others to improve their game
    before they become trade bait.

Many of you have a gleam of 'Thank' in your eyes, just remember these guys will be fighting to hold down a roster
    spot with the Thunder.

Blog Entries

On Thursday, the team announced that forward Chet Holmgren has suffered a Lisfranc injury in his right foot.

As a result, Holmgren will miss the 2022-2023 season.

KFOR-TV - Oklahoma City https://kfor.com/news/oklahoma-city-...n-with-injury/

What a blow for the upcoming season . . .

Wish Chet the best on his road to rehab & recovery.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Boy that really really just sucks. I don’t have anything more to say other than that.

I am glad my Magic passed on Chet due to his huge risk of getting injured due to his size and this happens, I do feel bad for the fans and organization, that is a huge blow

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I am glad my Magic passed on Chet due to his huge risk of getting injured due to his size and this happens, I do feel bad for the fans and organization, that is a huge blow
    This injury had nothing to do with his size.

Will be interesting to see how Chet's injury--and the impending Tank2.0--change the narrative around funding a new arena....

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    This injury had nothing to do with his size.

Go look up Ralph Sampson, he could never stay healthy due to his size just like Chet and it is probably going to be the same for Chet if he does not bulk up

Like I said when they drafted him, he would be a bust. He will have problems with his foot year in and out. Not good at all, should of went with Jabari Smith.

Go look up Ralph Sampson, he could never stay healthy due to his size just like Chet and it is probably going to be the same for Chet if he does not bulk up
    LOL, as the kids say. This post demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about. Ralph was 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than Chet.

Again, this injury had nothing to do with his size, despite your best efforts to make it that way.

The body shape and size of Chet Holmgren is very similar to that of Kevin Durant. Both are very tall and thin with legs like a flamingo. One should look at Durant and his injuries to his feet and realize that this would be in the future for Holmgren. I just hope that Sam Presti is taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    LOL, as the kids say. This post demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about. Ralph was 4 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier than Chet.

Again, this injury had nothing to do with his size, despite your best efforts to make it that way.
    So what? Chet will probably have foot problems in the future so do not come crying to me if he ends up having foot problems in the future and is forced to retire at an early age

Blog Entries

Let's lift Chet's spirits. . . Down with you infidels predicting doom & gloom. Fingers crossed that our Thunder
    will receive some good news on Chet's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Let's lift Chet's spirits. . . Down with you infidels predicting doom & gloom. Fingers crossed that our Thunder
    he is out for the year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he is out for the year
    Injury denier, BoulderSooner... Can't accept the truth.

Blog Entries

It's not like I predicted this very thing happening:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Since he's going to be playing on the inside, when he goes against someone more like Joel Embiid the result just may be different. You know, since Joel is also 7', very fit and outweighs him by almost 100 pounds. I am also very worried about health based on every player in history that was that tall and thin.
    It was just Lebron instead of Embiid. And not even in season.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Like I said when they drafted him, he would be a bust. He will have problems with his foot year in and out. Not good at all, should of went with Jabari Smith.
    +1

So what? Chet will probably have foot problems in the future so do not come crying to me if he eSonds up having foot problems in the future and is forced to retire at an early age
    So what???? You're the one who made the direct comparison. Hahaha.

Blog Entries

Injury denier, BoulderSooner... Can't accept the truth.
    Yeah, when Durant had the foot problems I’m sure your medical background told you he’d never be the same. Roflol

Blog Entries

You have the #2 NBA '2022' draft pick on a $9.9 million starting salary and you can't put in his contract 'he's not allowed to
    participate in non NBA games." ESPN Oklahoma City Thunder Roster:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster...a-city-thunder

The real head-scratcher for me, you're playing in a CrawsOver pro-am league in a renown Global Seattle, yet a city
    with much better state-of-the-art venues than what appeared to be a high school gym (less than 1,000 fans, with
    or without air conditioning), featuring NBA Superstar, LeBron James. Why wasn't this game moved to the $1.1 billion
    Climate Pledge Arena or not played. What was Chet thinking, $9.9 million in salary for him to rehab his 1st season.

This makes me 'sick' to my stomach. You bet I'm rethinking season ticket purchases for my family.

You have the #2 NBA '2022' draft pick on a $9.9 million starting salary and you can't put in his contract 'he's not allowed to
    participate in non NBA games." ESPN Oklahoma City Thunder Roster:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster...a-city-thunder

The real head-scratcher for me, you're playing in a CrawsOver pro-am league in a renown Global Seattle, yet a city
    with much better state-of-the-art venues than what appeared to be a high school gym (less than 1,000 fans, with
    or without air conditioning), featuring NBA Superstar, LeBron James. Why wasn't this game moved to the $1.1 billion
    Climate Pledge Arena or not played. What was Chet thinking, $9.9 million in salary for him to rehab his 1st season.

This makes me 'sick' to my stomach. You bet I'm rethinking season ticket purchases for my family.
    lol it is basketball .... you want you players playing basketball as much as they can ..

Yes, NBA players literally play random PUGs all off-season with and without other NBA stars. This could have happened in a practice scrimmage with our own OKC team. The injury is just completely random and bad luck (no surprise for OKC)

Blog Entries

Understand what you guys are saying. If you're going to get hurt; let it be a preseason or NBA related game.

And BoulderSooners, let them dream and play in their sleep if you want them playing as much as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol it is basketball .... you want you players playing basketball as much as they can ..
    While I have no dog in this fight, the clear and obvious rebuttal to your statement--which is consistently addressed at the national level--is why allow players to rest during the season then?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    While I have no dog in this fight, the clear and obvious rebuttal to your statement--which is consistently addressed at the national level--is why allow players to rest during the season then?
    Leonard, Simmons, Irving and others will insure the next CBA will address this issue. Commish and owners will be playing hardball.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rev...y-2606661/amp/

Thread Information