Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

I am curious if any OKC Thunder fanatic has the win/loss record for every OKC NBA season played and possibly the win/loss record for the NBA team that won the championship each year that the Thunder has been in existence? I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?
    he is the best coach the Thunder have had since they have been in OKC

I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?
    He was runner up for coach of the year in the entire league. Coach D is exceptional.

Have you ever listened to him speak about BB ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he is the best coach the Thunder have had since they have been in OKC
    That still doesn’t say much considering who his Thunder coach peers are, lol. In all seriousness, Mark Daigneault definitely appears to have a better grasp of what to adjust and when to adjust that past coaches just didn’t have. He is willing to use short minute lineups to try out things that allows both him and the players to get the most out of each game. With Brooks, he was playing tic-tac-toe, Donovan was playing checkers, Daigneault is playing Go.

I am curious if any OKC Thunder fanatic has the win/loss record for every OKC NBA season played and possibly the win/loss record for the NBA team that won the championship each year that the Thunder has been in existence? I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?
    You can find this information using internet search engines. But, if that's your basis for judging Mark Daigneault then I suggest it's not going to be very helpful. Daigneault is widely respected in the league and I agree with others that he's the best coach OKC has had. He's both a player's coach and a good X and O's guy. Brooks and Donovan both struggled with that latter. Glad we signed him long-term.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Agree with some of both of you guys perspective.

Daigneault is the best coach OKC Thunder has had. He has been apart of the franchises' transformation, basically having to pick up the pieces and start from scratch.

Brooks (Carlesimo's replacement) did an outstanding job; however it was obvious that Durant & Westbrook weren't in sync, occasionally observed drifting into their own worlds during strategic time outs. Thunder lost to the Heat in the 2012 finals. Brooks was given more time to get the team together--fired in 2015.

His replacement (Donovan) had the Golden State Warriors down 3 - 1 in the 2015-16 WC finals and lost the series: then Durant joined the Warriors and Donovan's contract expired at season's end (2019-20), and the sides decided against pursuing an extension.

Let's give Coach Mark Daignault time to finish the outstanding job (IMO) he is doing with the team. Mark has kept the team together (very organized), players are attentive--huddled together during time outs, something you didn't see with Brooks and Donovan after their attempts to patch together an over-hyped out-of-control Westbrook and a mentally ailing Durant.

Blog Entries

Zach Lowe believes the Thunder are 1️⃣ trade away from an NBA Championship 🏆 | NBA Today

Blog Entries

Will Chet Holmgren SHOCK the NBA? __7'_ 1" 208 lbs.

Blog Entries

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UqUYS1NhMgI
    ^ ^ ^
    KD and Chet Holmgren go back and forth in pickup

Kevin Durant - Height 6′ 10″, Weight 240 lbs/Chet Holmgren - Height 7' 1", Weight 208 lbs.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

^^^^^^
    Chet 100% grew up watching and modeling his game after KD. Look, I despise KD with every fiber of my being. But even though I don’t respect HIM, I respect his game. In, fact, his ability, which I believe has been squandered, makes him one of the top 5 *TALENTS* to ever play the game. I’m saying all of this as a PRELUDE to saying that if Chet could end up being 70% of the player that KD is, with <10% of the softheadedness, this team will win a title.

Blog Entries

If Chet can add 25-30 lbs in the next two years, get solid at 240 lbs, improve on his game and Jaylen adding muscle mass, Thunder will be a championship contender.

Like Urbanized, we despised KD for leaving OKC for GSW. He (IMO) failed at leadership, he allowed Perkins and Westbrook to run the team. Brooks and Donovan couldn't get control of the team b/c KD and Westbrook weren't together as teammates. KD quickly learned how a team worked under Steve Kerr. He took player abuse from Draymond Green, the Warriors enforcer.

Bull headed Westbrook, hope he has learned to follow the coaches' lead, many have better vision than one individual playing his own game.

Daignault is a much better coach, he controls the team and not afraid to sit a player, allowing him to observe the game. Mark challenges players to improve their game and uses his assistants to help with the team.

Blog Entries

ESPN Oklahoma City Thunder Roster 2023-24 https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster...a-city-thunder

Blog Entries

August 18, Thunder waived TyTy Washington Jr., Washington will clear waivers and become a free agent on Sunday, assuming he goes unclaimed. The 29th overall pick in the 2022 draft, Washington appeared in 31 games as a rookie with the Rockets last season, averaging 4.7 points, 1.5 assists, and 1.5 rebounds in 14.0 minutes per night.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Traber and Al did their top 10 most hated sports personalities. Traber’s #1 most hated - Russell Westbrook. Wow. Just when I think I can’t dislike Traber more he proves me wrong.

SGA gets stung by bad Canadian real estate deal.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-s...-safety-report

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Will Chet Holmgren SHOCK the NBA? __7'_ 1" 208 lbs.
    I just wanted to come back to this post after he lit the Warriors up for 36, including a clutch buzzer-beating 3 to send the game to overtime with 1.6 left on the clock.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

bever mind . . .

Thread Information