Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harrison & NE 5th

Deep Deuce Harrison & NE 5th

OCURA plans to issue an RFP for these parcels that were never developed as originally planned.

9 times out of 10 when they do this, there is already someone with plans that have approached them but regulations require taking proposals before selecting a conditional developer.

Wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be Beffort and/or Tannebaum, as they are the ones with the big Convergence project ready to start in the Innovation District.

Default Re: Flatiron Building

Maybe the city will finally repair those abysmal roads!

this is great news ....

Awesome. I had no idea that the parcel closest to the interstate was even developable. I had always assumed that was ODOT land.

How funny, my wife and I drove past the Flatiron Building yesterday and she mentioned it being a cute building but the area around it felt empty despite being in close proximity to so much activity in Deep Deuce, Automobile Alley, and OUHSC. (The BNSF tracks and I-235 don’t help that sense on a larger scale but even just the immediate area around it doesn’t feel very active) We talked a little bit about how cool it would be to see the area around it built up better, then I get on a few hours later and see this update from Pete. I’m eager to see what actually comes of it because I love the Flatiron Building and think it deserves more care than what is currently around it.

6. Default Re: Flatiron Building

I almost burned the Flatiron building down once upon a time. To keep it short I worked part time for a wedding planner/caterer that I had connections to and needed a guy to haul stuff and serve wine/champagne. There was (is?) a ballroom and commercial grade kitchen underneath the building. We stacked boxes on the stove knowing we weren't going to he cooking.

I know, bad idea!

I bumped a burner control knob and set the boxes on fire. We used 4 fire extinguishers and the sprayer from the dish sink to put the fire out. That was the last time she asked me to work. I wonder why?

Blog Entries

It is just such an awkwardly shaped plot of land. I wonder what can conceivably be done on these plots. If they were also building a pedestrian bridge, it could link up with Convergence. But without that, it is bordered by an interstate and has minimal access, in my opinion.

Default Developers Propose Housing Retail Downtown OKC

Development along the I-235 downtown gateway. NewsOk articled.

https://www.oklahoman.com/picture-ga...ay/7847432001/

Default Re: Developers Propose Housing Retail Downtown OKC

Yes, 4 responses to the RFP mentioned just upthread.

I should be able to post all the images soon.

Looking at the renderings, none of them are really impressive. The Cohen Esrery looks promising, but the parking garage takes up most of the development.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Looking at the renderings, none of them are really impressive. The Cohen Esrery looks promising, but the parking garage takes up most of the development.
    You can only polish that turd of a lot so much.

I will be the first to admit that I'm terrible at divining anything of value from renderings like this, but these are incredibly bland.

Yep, those are definitely proposals.

Deep Deuce Harrison & NE 5th

These are the responses to the OCURA RFP:

BARSANA

BERRY ROCK

COHEN-ESREY

SRLT

Default Re: Harrison & NE 5th

Anything but the SRLT proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Anything but the SRLT proposal.
    Why? That's 400 units. The rest combine for less than that. I thought we wanted density downtown? I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Why? That's 400 units. The rest combine for less than that. I thought we wanted density downtown? I guess not.
    I'd like density that doesn't look like something from Broken Arrow.

Edit: I do appreciate they didn't actually give any renderings but just drew an outline of where the condos would go.

Cohen-Ersey has to be the choice. Downtown needs more low income housing and this is a step in that direction. I appreciate the Deep Deuce placemaking and artwork. The addition of garaged townhomes and community retail is nice. Brasana is a decent proposal. Berry Rock is boring. SRLT is The Hill 2.0 for rich folks

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    Cohen-Ersey has to be the choice. Downtown needs more low income housing and this is a step in that direction. I appreciate the Deep Deuce placemaking and artwork. The addition of garaged townhomes and community retail is nice. Brasana is a decent proposal. Berry Rock is boring. SRLT is The Hill 2.0 for rich folks

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    Thirding.

Wow, I noticed one of the names on the Cohen-Ersey proposal document. A former (inactive) OKCTalker and Oklahoma City native.

Blog Entries

Well... good to see some creative proposals anyway. New surface lots should be non-starters in this part of town, though.

Blog Entries

I made this comment on the other thread, but I like that there are creative proposals, but new surface lots should a no-no in this part of town.

I think office space is the highest best use for this location. Just not a fitting location for housing. Therefore if the BerryRock proposal is done right, would go for that one.

Thread Information