Widgets Magazine

Thread: Foundation Piers?

Default Foundation Piers?

Apparently a portion of my house foundation has been impacted by our drought. I noticed a fairly large crack one the brick in addition to a crack on my drywall. Ugh. Can someone provide me a recommendation for a reliable, honest company who installs foundation piers? I've heard there can be sketchy pier companies - which I sure want to avoid.

Who can you recommend? Or who should I NOT use? Help.

Default Re: Foundation Piers?

Triton or Level Up - I would probably call Triton first and dependent on what they say perhaps get other opinions.

House Doctors has also come recommended and they are pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Apparently a portion of my house foundation has been impacted by our drought. I noticed a fairly large crack one the brick in addition to a crack on my drywall. Ugh. Can someone provide me a recommendation for a reliable, honest company who installs foundation piers? I've heard there can be sketchy pier companies - which I sure want to avoid.

Who can you recommend? Or who should I NOT use? Help.
    We've always used RamJack and we have never had a complaint.

In 2017 I had American Leveling aka Ramjack install 23 piers in my NW OKC home prior to taking it to market (wish I had never sold it :-( ). They came on a Sat. with 2 crews, and had it done in around four hours. When they were finished I could not find any sign where the mortar had been replaced/repaired. I fixed the sheetrock that had broken during the settling, and that was it. Lifetime transferable warranty as well. In my case, they did an excellent job. Be aware... this kind of work can become really expensive, fast...

Quote Originally Posted by securityinfo View Post
    In 2017 I had American Leveling aka Ramjack install 23 piers in my NW OKC home prior to taking it to market (wish I had never sold it :-( ). They came on a Sat. with 2 crews, and had it done in around four hours. When they were finished I could not find any sign where the mortar had been replaced/repaired. I fixed the sheetrock that had broken during the settling, and that was it. Lifetime transferable warranty as well. In my case, they did an excellent job. Be aware... this kind of work can become really expensive, fast...
    23?? Did you have your entire house piered?

Great feedback! Thanks!!!

I used Ramjack when I bought my house in 2018. I had 9 piers put in for 4700. They were in and out in about an hour and a half.

i used level up around 4 years ago and have been generally happy. however, in the last couple weeks i have had some additional settling in one spot and need them to come back... so i'll see exactly how good that 'lifetime' warranty is.

9. Default Re: Foundation Piers?

Triton always. They have been to plenty of properties and have said I don't need piers. Always honest.

Ramjack has a great product, but they have never been inside a house that doesn't need piers. I liken them to Air Comfort Solutions in that regard. and they are EXPENSIVE. A buyer had them look at a listing and they quoted us 24 piers for $22,000! Of course contract busted. Brought Triton in. We only needed 4 piers for $2800.

10. Default Re: Foundation Piers?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i used level up around 4 years ago and have been generally happy. however, in the last couple weeks i have had some additional settling in one spot and need them to come back... so i'll see exactly how good that 'lifetime' warranty is.
    This is happening on a lot of homes right now due to the severe lack of rain and soil contracting. Wait til the rains come and see if it goes back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    23?? Did you have your entire house piered?
    Yep. The house is in Northaven, near NW Council and Hefner. Paid $$ to a structural engineer to verify what I suspected... it would take doing all sides of the house to get it correct. I contacted just about every outfit I could find (this was in 2017). Ramjack seemed to have the best all around deal. So, yeah, it was a big pile of cash, but the house would not pass inspection without doing the work.

12. Default Re: Foundation Piers?

I did not have a great experience with Triton. My house needed piers about two years ago and had four companies out. Triton said I needed 5 piers, all of the other companies agreed I needed 7. I asked one company why Triton said I only needed 5, and he said they were notorious for only putting one pier when two was actually needed, and that within a few years the foundation would begin having issues in that weak spot and additional piers would be needed to fix it.

I went with Ramjack and was very pleased. In and out fast and left a clean jobsite behind. They didn't even crush my flowers!

Thread Information