Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tiger Sugar

Asian District Tiger Sugar

Coming soon to 2433 N Classen in the Asian District, Tiger Sugar claims to have started the brown sugar milk tea trend after opening its first shop in Taiwan.

Now, there are more the 40 locations around the world.

The syrup-streaking resembles tiger stripes in the boba drinks.

Default Re: Tiger Sugar

I'm not complaining as I absolutely love bubble tea, but the sheer concentration of bubble tea places is kind of impressive (I live nearby and have taken to calling it the Bubble Tea District). I think this will be at least the 6th place within that 2 x 5 block area, and 7th if you add in Lee's.

I have heard great things. I never made it to the one in Vegas back in May when I was out there. Can't wait to try it.

It's truly impressive that we have a Gong Cha, ShareTea (my personal fave), and soon to be Tiger Sugar all within the same area. I visited Seoul last month and a friend hyped up and raved about Gong Cha and that she was excited for me to try. She was shocked to hear we had one in OKC. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    It's truly impressive that we have a Gong Cha, ShareTea (my personal fave), and soon to be Tiger Sugar all within the same area. I visited Seoul last month and a friend hyped up and raved about Gong Cha and that she was excited for me to try. She was shocked to hear we had one in OKC. Lol.
    This is great news. I would put Tiger Sugar in my top 3 with Feng Cha and 7 Leaves, both are not in OKC yet. Hope they open soon too. I've also seen these chains: Kung Fu Tea, Ding Tea, Moge Tee, Fat Straws, Happy Lemon, Mr.Wish, Royal Tea, Yi Fang, Teapresso Bar and Kokee Tea in the Metroplex. Talk about boba tea explosion!

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    This is great news. I would put Tiger Sugar in my top 3 with Feng Cha and 7 Leaves, both are not in OKC yet. Hope they open soon too. I've also seen these chains: Kung Fu Tea, Ding Tea, Moge Tee, Fat Straws, Happy Lemon, Mr.Wish, Royal Tea, Yi Fang, Teapresso Bar and Kokee Tea in the Metroplex. Talk about boba tea explosion!

I'm not a big fan of boba or the flavored Asian teas, but OKC is extremely fortunate in the selection of Asian restaurants/drink places.

We were in Dallas over the weekend and went to the number one dim sum restaurant in Dallas Magazine and Golden Phoenix on Classen blows that place away. Fung's was even better, when they were still serving dim sum.

8. Default Re: Tiger Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of boba or the flavored Asian teas, but OKC is extremely fortunate in the selection of Asian restaurants/drink places.

We were in Dallas over the weekend and went to the number one dim sum restaurant in Dallas Magazine and Golden Phoenix on Classen blows that place away. Fung's was even better, when they were still serving dim sum.
    Same, not a big fan of boba but this is pretty awesome.

Speaking of dim sum. I would die if Din Tai Fung opens in the metro. Would love some bao right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerman View Post
    Feng Cha is on the border of OKC and Edmond at NW 150th and Western. It’s good!

Quote Originally Posted by gqandy405 View Post
    Feng Cha is on the border of OKC and Edmond at NW 150th and Western. It’s good!
    We also have a Feng Cha in Yukon

11. Default Re: Tiger Sugar

very nice offerings in OKC. Diversity at its best!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    We also have a Feng Cha in Yukon
    It may not truly qualify in the "Asian" food category, due to U.S. cultural influences, but I was surprised to see that Hawaiian Bros has a location in Yukon. We were in a brewery in Kansas City, across an alley from the first Chicken N Pickle and there was a Hawaiin Bros around the corner. We really liked the Spam Musubi and they had a frozen smoothie type drink that was delicious!!

Noticed there is/will be a Mochinut next to Tiger Sugar when we drove by there today on the way home from Classen Coffee.

14. Default Re: Tiger Sugar

Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information