Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 118 of 118

Thread: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

  1. #101

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Severe storm coming up now over Yukon-Warr Acre area. This will likely flood parts of the metro if it continues to develop.

  2. #102

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Pretty good soaking for a large portion of the state with this system


  3. #103

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Pretty good soaking for a large portion of the state with this system

    Keep in mind if you link to an image from the Oklahoma Mesonet, their images are "live" and continually updated. If you want a snapshot of that moment in time, you have to save the image and reupload it somewhere like Imgur or the photos section of this site and then link to that saved image.

    That said, yeah this some much needed rainfall for a good portion of the state. Really glad to see it. We've picked up just under a quarter inch of additional rainfall so far today near Crossroads.

  4. #104

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Yes I realize the linked Mesonet maps are always changing. This map has not been this green all summer. Amazing to see Seminole County at 80 days without 0.25!


  5. #105

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Poor Maud or Bowlegs in Seminole County...

  6. #106

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Poor Maud or Bowlegs in Seminole County...
    Really bizarre that there is this hole. 80 days is a long time!

    Models are showing some isolated storms over the state this weekend but NWS isn't buying it.

  7. #107

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    The heat dome returns next week?!? Please...no!!!!!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,720
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    ^That’s what Jon Slater just said. UUGH. I will say we got about 2 inches of rain the last few days and things just look immediately better. Probably short lived but some relief anyway if you were lucky enough to get some.

  9. #109

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    At what point do you start cloud seeding? We've got the humidity for it...

  10. #110

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    ^That’s what Jon Slater just said. UUGH. I will say we got about 2 inches of rain the last few days and things just look immediately better. Probably short lived but some relief anyway if you were lucky enough to get some.
    Someone mentioned it earlier a few days ago, but KFOR was showing highs in the 70s and 80s at one point last week. Lol. mid 90s in September. Awesome.

  11. #111

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    For future temp predictions the Weather App on my iPhone seems to be more accurate than any of the local TV weather predictions. It is supposed to be sourced from the Weather Channel I understand.

  12. #112

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    Someone mentioned it earlier a few days ago, but KFOR was showing highs in the 70s and 80s at one point last week. Lol. mid 90s in September. Awesome.
    I tell people not familiar with our weather that we have summer, maybe 2 weeks of fall, then winter.

  13. #113

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Not sure what the local mets have been promising, but temperatures in the low 90s and upper 80s is pretty good, considering the furnace we just climbed out of.

    Long-range September outlook still looks like normal to below average temperatures with some decent rain chances.

  14. #114

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Not sure what the local mets have been promising, but temperatures in the low 90s and upper 80s is pretty good, considering the furnace we just climbed out of.

    Long-range September outlook still looks like normal to below average temperatures with some decent rain chances.
    thank you

  15. #115

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    I keep hoping for a year when I can go to the State Fair with temps in the 60s or even low 70s on Senior Day because that's when we go but I'm sure I won't be around if that ever happens.

  16. #116

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Rain chances increasing for Thursday. There will also be scattered storms around on Saturday and Sunday.

  17. #117

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    2 inches of rain did nothing for the cracks in my yard.

  18. #118

    Default Re: August 2022 - General Weather Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I keep hoping for a year when I can go to the State Fair with temps in the 60s or even low 70s on Senior Day because that's when we go but I'm sure I won't be around if that ever happens.
    It could be choosing memories but I remember nights at the Speedway in long jeans and a jacket. Even being happy to have a fire suit instead of not being able to wait to get it off.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. May 2022 - General Weather Discussion
    By SEMIweather in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 05-31-2022, 08:58 PM
  2. April 2022 - General Weather Discussion
    By LakeEffect in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 04-30-2022, 01:52 AM
  3. March 2022 - General Weather Discussion
    By SEMIweather in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-31-2022, 07:43 AM
  4. February 2022 - General Weather Discussion
    By Anonymous. in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 02-26-2022, 09:44 AM
  5. January 2022 - General Weather Discussion
    By Bunty in forum Weather & Geosciences
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-31-2022, 10:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO