Widgets Magazine

Thread: Most random encounter/conversation you've had?

Default Most random encounter/conversation you've had?

Just a fun thread I thought about after getting a Curbside Chronicle yesterday...

On Memorial westbound, waiting to turn south on May, gave the Curbside vendor my usual $20, and he thanked me, then said "That's British Racing Green, isn't it?", referring to my MINI. My reply, after a couple of seconds was "Yes, it is, great eye!" Just completely out of the blue, how many people know that color, interesting....

Any other "Where did *that* come from?" stories?

Default Re: Most random encounter/conversation you've had?

I recently saw a homeless man masturbating vigorously with his pants at his ankles on the corner of Park and Harvey outside the Manhattan. I was not really hoping to see that ever, but here we are.

^ Not really the intent of what I was asking, but fine, you win...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I recently saw a homeless man masturbating vigorously with his pants at his ankles on the corner of Park and Harvey outside the Manhattan. I was not really hoping to see that ever, but here we are.
    Um wow. That’s … something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    ^ Not really the intent of what I was asking, but fine, you win...
    I had a guy ask me how I was doing on the street car. He was clearly a homeless guy as he was very scruffy looking. I told him I’m doing good and I asked him how he was doing. He said not very good, because that he needs to be studying theoretical physics at the Massachusetts Institute of technology, but the Scientologist intervened in place these things he called phetons on himself. I told him I’m sorry and I hope he’s OK and can get back in. He claims that I was working with those who oppose him and pulls out a knife on me and throws a beer at me.

I step back and walk up to the driver of the street car and ask him why he’s ignoring the situation. I didn’t appreciate the street cars operators attitude, so I cussed him out and did something illegal myself I won’t admit on here and fled the scene. Needless to say, that’s one of the reasons I no longer use the Oklahoma City Street car.

I’m not sure if he was telling the truth or not but when I first went to Sids burger in El Reno I talked up with a gentlemen who needed a ride to Elk City and fortunately for him I was already heading west to LA. I said sure as I’ve given rides to hitchhikers before. He was the most normal guy and normal conversation up until the very end where he just casually said “hey, I’ve murdered four prostitutes over 20 years with 3 of those being in Oklahoma and it’s really easy to get away with haha” and shut the door and walked away.

I didn’t react at all and just drove off until I pulled off at a Loves by Erick, OK to fuel up(because I refuse to fuel up in the Texas panhandle) and the gravity of what he said hit me. Sometimes I’ll still remember that and ponder on if he was just f@cking with me or he really did that. I’ve never picked up another hitch hiker since then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Just a fun thread I thought about after getting a Curbside Chronicle yesterday...

On Memorial westbound, waiting to turn south on May, gave the Curbside vendor my usual $20, and he thanked me, then said "That's British Racing Green, isn't it?", referring to my MINI. My reply, after a couple of seconds was "Yes, it is, great eye!" Just completely out of the blue, how many people know that color, interesting....

Any other "Where did *that* come from?" stories?
    British Racing Green is an excellent color and I do think more and more people are finding that out.

I mean, just yesterday morning I saw someone in Military Park walking their dog down the street while playing a violin, bow and all. Shrug.

9. Default Re: Most random encounter/conversation you've had?

A few times I've had police officers roll their window down when next to Miata. They ask if I want to trade for the day. I ask if I can play with the lights and siren. They laugh and say something like "Sorry but no I can't let you do that". I laugh and tell them I have to pass.

The manners! At least throw a blanket over yourself like the guy i saw last month at Western and Sheridan. (It was clear from the movements what was going on)

11. Default Re: Most random encounter/conversation you've had?

Probably the night I was at Jones to see Aaron Lee Tasjan and this gentleman sat down beside me and started talking to me.

The conversation turned to me having been in a band in the past and he asked the name of my band. When I told him he looked at me and said "You guys played the Terlingua North Festival in 92. I still have the poster."

Needless to say I was floored because the conversation happend around 2018.

Started a conversation with a random guy on a flight layover in either STL or Memphis. We were heading back to OKC from a vacation and he was planning to visit family. We started talking about where he grew up and it turned out that his family built the exact house we were currently living in and lived there for 10 years. Their names were the ones carved in the concrete in our driveway. Wild coincidence.

Someone get that guy an “I love NY” shirt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Someone get that guy an “I love NY” shirt.
    Outside of your bias, why bring up NYC? OKCs issues stand on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    He was outside "The Manhattan"...come on. Lol.

HangryHippo Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d241ab41e7f9fdb3a043af2d93fd55e6.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	17996

Outside of your bias, why jump to conclusions and assume I have anything against NYC before reading the post I responded to?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5CF097B-7259-4222-ADB3-CF04E6D66116.gif 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	18004  

This is the greater part of 20 years ago now. I worked at the theatre in Bricktown and was heading in just to pick up my paycheck. The shirt I was wearing I thought was fine, but my jeans had been used to paint in at some point and had some paint stains or whatever on them. A guy walked up to me to ask me if I had any cash I could spare, but paused and said "Wait, you're not homeless are you?" I told him I was not, but that also no I did not have any cash to spare.

19. Default Re: Most random encounter/conversation you've had?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    A guy walked up to me to ask me if I had any cash I could spare, but paused and said "Wait, you're not homeless are you?" I told him I was not, but that also no I did not have any cash to spare.
    Along this same line.... I was walking down Shartel a few years ago and a homeless person asked me if I had a quarter for the bus. I responded "No thanks. I'm not taking the bus."

Thread Information