Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillips Murrah (Midtown mixed use)

1. Default Re: Midtown mixed use project

nice touch with the plane in the background
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: Midtown mixed use project

This project is now out for construction bids.

In the first image, you can see their plan for future buildings on that parcel. It seems the one in the NE corner will be office and retail and the SE corner apartments. Not sure about the SW corner or if they are going to be able to acquire the Kong's building.

There is 'lease space' on the ground floor and 2-story restaurant space on the east end. From other drawings, it appears the restaurant will also have a rooftop deck. Not sure about the operator but know Hal Smith was interested and not sure if they are still involved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (1).jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	17694

I'll miss this beautiful view to downtown from Fassler Hall.

Hoping the end result is more invigorating than these initial renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed (1).jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	17694

I'll miss this beautiful view to downtown from Fassler Hall.
    i don't think the phase 1 buildings will change that view much

The building looks like a mini version of the Heartland building on Broadway. Just a modern shell with open-floor concept inside. I just can't believe there isn't a residential component here. I am hopeful for Phase 2 to be residential.

Also I am curious what the note says at the NW corner about stopping a car from ramping into the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Also I am curious what the note says at the NW corner about stopping a car from ramping into the building.
    It says they need to use bollards or something similar.

I'm sure the concern is a motorist losing control and driving their car right into the structure.

8. Default Re: Midtown mixed use project

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I wish they will work with another architect, even better somebody out of state,
    An out of town / out of state architect is no guarantee of a better design - better vision by the client always helps
    architects tend to repeat themselves after awhile, even top firms such as BIG or MVRDV.
    More to the point, developers tend to be repetitive, they find examples of a trend, drop it on your desk and say "I want that, but more Oklahoma"
    I believe I can tell right away which new buildings are developed by Fitzsimmons or AHMM in OKC.
    There are a lot of OKC firms that don't chase a lot of (local) developer work because they will put a project on hold for a year at the slightest hint of an economic slowdown or practically anything that could make their proforma make less than $10 of what they think the project is worth.

Renderings from their design application:

Snazzy!

HangryHippo Guest

That’s pretty sharp.

I love the design, just wish it could be 2-3 stories taller. But it is a great design for that area, and will only help foot traffic during the day, and into the evening!

13. Default Re: Midtown mixed use project

same feeling here.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

These are the plans for the parking garage.

They also plan to demolish the existing small apartment building and bocce ball courts. Plans show future buildings on the NE and SE corner of this block.

good deal

HangryHippo Guest

I hate losing that little building, but this block will really change.

This plan shows the two buildings on the east end of the property will be apartments:

Living across the street from Fassler Hall would be very dangerous for my waistline.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Living across the street from Fassler Hall would be very dangerous for my waistline.
    Not ideal for a quiet nights sleep on Friday and Saturday either. Still will be great to see a mix of uses here.

They have started to clear the lot. The graded area directly south of Kong's is for the construction trailer.

Really wish Kong's was the one graded... Haha

The one constant in all of this change is going to be that long-held 1982 Collectors Edition Corvette that's been peeking out of that blue car cover in the lower center of this pic.

Phillips Murrah Breaks Ground on Modern New Midtown Office Headquarters

MAR 13, 2023 – Phillips Murrah is proud to announce the groundbreaking of the Firm’s new modern, mixed-use Midtown headquarters. One of the motives for relocating is to participate in and benefit from the vitality of Midtown.

“The Firm is excited to initiate construction of our new office building this morning,” said Dawn M. Rahme, Phillips Murrah President and Managing Partner. “Today was just the first step in our relocation to Midtown, and we’re looking forward to moving in during the Summer of 2024.”

The design of the new, five-story office building is intended to represent the vibrancy of the law firm, featuring wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows and large open spaces. Phillips Murrah will occupy the entirety of the top three floors, which will include modern collaborative work areas, generous social common spaces, and convenient, on-site parking access, all designed to better suit the Firm’s workplace and client service models. A large, outdoor patio on the east side of the third floor will be a social gathering place exclusive to the law firm with a direct view of the Oklahoma City skyline. The bottom two floors will include a restaurant, retail, and additional office space.

The new Midtown Renaissance project, located on the south side of 10th Street between Hudson and Walker Avenues, is designed by Fitzsimmons Architects and is being built by Lingo Construction.

Read more details about the Phillips Murrah building here: Phillips Murrah: Moving to Midtown. Also, stay connected at phillipsmurrah.com and our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds for ongoing construction updates.

Drove by this morning and they have started dirt work on this project, I will try and stop and get some pictures to share later today.

Quote Originally Posted by sethsrott View Post
    Drove by this morning and they have started dirt work on this project, I will try and stop and get some pictures to share later today.
    Thanks, I'll get out there with my drone soon.

This project is really going to change the feel of Midtown. I can't remember a time when those lots weren't vacant.

Thread Information