Widgets Magazine

Thread: MOD Pizza

Default MOD Pizza

The first OKC-area Mod Pizza is going into a new space under construction just south of the new HomeGoods. It will have a covered patio facing toward Crest.

I'm sure they are looking at more locations in OKC just like Swig and Mo-Bettahs.

https://modpizza.com/

Default Re: MOD Pizza

Their menu seems limited and as much I love pickles, they do not belong on a pizza

My wife used to work next to a MOD and our apartment was just around the corner so we ate MOD more than I can count. I think maybe the first time I ever went there was the only time I ate a pizza straight off the menu, the rest of the time I customized it with various things.

It’s almost like a Subway or Chipotle in how you can select your toppings. I’ve never associated them as being “limited” when it comes to their menu for that reason. I’m someone that doesn’t really have a “go-to” pizza, I just kind of go with what I’m feeling and this kind of place is perfect for that. It’s not for everyone but it’s simple enough without being limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The first OKC-area Mod Pizza is going into a new space under construction…
    I believe there was one briefly in Moore at one point, I had it in dallas and remember looking up the nearest to my house. Never went to Moore location but briefly remembered there was one there. Did it close? Or am I completely mistaken.

MOD was a hit when I was in Portland. Decent enough quick serve concept, but not a go-to for pizza other than lunch for me.

Funny how some of these brands have made their way to the central country. WinCo, Dutch Bros, Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Their menu seems limited and as much I love pickles, they do not belong on a pizza
    I don't remember where it was from, but I recall a cheeseburger pizza with pickles that I thought was pretty good. Might have been one of the now defunct Bricktown places.

We ate at Mod in Denver and its exactly like Pie 5 which isn't far from where the Yukon location is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I don't remember where it was from, but I recall a cheeseburger pizza with pickles that I thought was pretty good. Might have been one of the now defunct Bricktown places.
    The late Pizza23 (where the Ted's Cantina is now) had an excellent cheeseburger pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Royale with chees @ Venn Pizza. Exactly this.

Why is cheeseburger pizza acceptable in this town but Hawaiian pizza is called a travesty?

Luigis Pizza @ May/Wilshire has a pretty good Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, mustard, pickles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Why is cheeseburger pizza acceptable in this town but Hawaiian pizza is called a travesty?
    I will go out and say I much rather the pineapple than this thing called "cheeseburger pizza". I honestly never have seen or heard of it being in existence until this forum on MOD Pizza broke. I used to think Hawaiian was not acceptable, but after having a few iterations with spicy pepperoni and cherry peppers along with pineapple, I have accepted into the fray.

I will say, I am very anti-pickles... on just about everything. So I may be a little bias in saying pizza is the last place where pickles are welcomed.

Went to MOD Pizza recently in Colorado Springs, mostly because it was close to our hotel. Forget now what we had other than they were the small personal size but mine was so-so, wife didn't like and couldn't finish hers. And we called in our order for pickup and they lost it and had to wait for the remakes.

Thread Information