Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liberty Park Development

Default Re: Liberty Park Development

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Not that this is what you are specifically referring to, but on a per acre or per sq ft basis it almost certainly will earn more. Lots of data backs this up, and in fact it is the entire focus of a planning consultant known as Urban3. They use some startling visualizations to demonstrate this. Their website is worth a visit, and there are quite a few interesting YouTube videos out there with their principal, Joe Minicozzi.
    I'll take a look, and I'll take you word for it in general, but I do think in this specific case I'll have to look and it will take some convincing. I'm all about urban infill and density and great mixed use developments, but I think they're more successful as infill projects and where they are organically created and designed as part of the community and where they make sense - especially taking into factors such as public transportation availability and such. So a dense multi use development near downtown or the bus routes makes sense. But not just anywhere and everywhere and I think mixed use just for the sake of mixed use isn't an automatic success.

Default Re: Liberty Park Development

I received a letter in the mail about this project. Looks like it’s coming before the planning commission towards the end of this month.

Personally, I really hope it proceeds as planned. Looks like a very unique and interesting development that this part of Edmond really needs.

Thread Information