Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

Blog Entries

Default Re: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Well that's good to hear. Those small bridges were cheap to build way back, but don't help for future construction. I just hope that they put a little better thought into how they are constructed, for future expansion ability. Maybe it wont ever be 4 lanes, but who knows....maybe we want a rail line down the middle one day???? Just saying, we shouldn't build the new stuff with such small space tolerances.

For Will Rogers, do you think that the traffic on that side warrants that compared to say HE Baily? I just haven't noticed that once you pass Claremore, that the Will Rogers has just that much traffic. Maybe I was just at the wrong times of day though???
    The plan currently is only to widen the Will Rogers to Claremore where traffic counts are 28k-31k. But even beyond that section Will Rogers is much busier. From Claremore to Joplin traffic counts range from a low of 19k to a high of 22k. The overall high for the Bailey is 22k at Chickasha, which is close to the low for entire Will Rogers. The Bailey section from Chickasha to Lawton only sees 13k cars and south of Lawton only 7k.

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/...Rogers_Web.pdf
    https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/...Bailey_Web.pdf

The Will Rogers isn't all that much lower than the Turner except near Sapulpa.
    https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/...Turner_Web.pdf

A lot of K-rails being stockpiled just east of the Bristow exit on the south side of I-44

Quote Originally Posted by Mesta Parker View Post
    A lot of K-rails being stockpiled just east of the Bristow exit on the south side of I-44
    bristow to the completed part of I44 starts soon contract is already awarded .. new interchange at 66 will be the biggest pain ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    for this specific project only the route 66 bridge over 44 ..
    Are you referring to the Kellyville bridge? It was replaced during the last widening. There aren't any other roads with overpasses of 44 until you get to the decrepit OK16 bridge west of the Bristow exit.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Are you referring to the Kellyville bridge? It was replaced during the last widening. There aren't any other roads with overpasses of 44 until you get to the decrepit OK16 bridge west of the Bristow exit.
    maybe they won't replace that bridge but the is becoming a full interchange ??

I've heard talk about a service road possibly being added between Bristow and Sapulpa on the North side of the turnpike. I'm not sure if this would be part of the turnpike projects or separate. Anyone know anything about this?

Not all the way to Sapulpa, just on both sides of I44 going through Bristow. If you scroll down to the map on this page it will give you an idea: https://www.accessoklahoma.com/

Have they started constructing the section to Bristow yet? I haven't been down the turnpike in the last 2 months, but I know they completed most of the ROW work and were ready to start moving dirt this month.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Not all the way to Sapulpa, just on both sides of I44 going through Bristow. If you scroll down to the map on this page it will give you an idea: https://www.accessoklahoma.com/

Have they started constructing the section to Bristow yet? I haven't been down the turnpike in the last 2 months, but I know they completed most of the ROW work and were ready to start moving dirt this month.
    they were staging concrete barriers last time i was up that way .. (around Christmas)

9. Default Re: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

I didn't realize they were adding a post Rd interchange. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they were staging concrete barriers last time i was up that way .. (around Christmas)
    They've started work on reconfiguring the Bristow interchange. The only thing going on the mainlanes is continued tree removal. The new fence lines are well established.

I think this is the right thread, if not, feel free to move it:

Turner Turnpike to be closed Saturday from 7pm through 7am Sunday from mile marker 166 and Stroud for the removal of the old Stroud Road Bridge

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...r/72486113007/

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Turner Turnpike to be closed Saturday from 7pm through 7am Sunday from mile marker 166 and Stroud for the removal of the old Stroud Road Bridge

That's about mm 178. It has to come down so they can start the new Stroud service area.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Is it closed or just down to one lane in each direction ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Is it closed or just down to one lane in each direction ?
    It will be closed entirely in both directions. Turnpike traffic will be diverted to Route 66. At least that is what they said on NPR this AM.

Work will begin Mar 11 on the Turner Turnpike expansion at Bristow per a construction sign on the turnpike.

any updates on the east west connector other than it being in the design phase?

Looks like the first Access project in the OKC metro has been added to OTA's bid schedule. The widening of the JKT between Eastern & I-35 is (tentatively) scheduled for an August Bid / September Award.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not sure. I don’t even know if it’s a done deal it’s still in negotiations from what I understand. But from what I was told if it does happen, it would be at the southwest corner of the interchange at I 35 where Indian Hills currently sits. That road will be converted into a one way service road.

There’s also a separate project to address the service roads from Moore to Norman along. I 35.

Once all of these projects are done, I would not be surprised to see HOV lanes proposed on I 35.
    Do you think this will address the addition of a service road in Moore from 19th up to 4th, as proposed in the corridor study from a few years ago?

19. Default Re: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

Drove down today and the tree clearing on the sides of the turners turnpike east of Bristow has started.

Blog Entries

Multiple Locations Re: Access Oklahoma Turnpike Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Google Maps Shows the Kickapoo as Interstate 335 Currently doesn't show the Kilpatrick as I 344 Yet

The east side of the changes at least make sense when you think about it in concert with the Access Oklahoma turnpikes. 335 can eventually continue down to 35 south of Norman and that feels like a rational way to number that spur.

The 344/240 bit on SH-152 has no excuse though, that is still silly.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The east side of the changes at least make sense when you think about it in concert with the Access Oklahoma turnpikes. 335 can eventually continue down to 35 south of Norman and that feels like a rational way to number that spur.

The 344/240 bit on SH-152 has no excuse though, that is still silly.
    I still prefer this to both 344 and 335 having the same number. Plus 344/Kilpatrick is also planned to be extended in this round of turnpike expansion, in it's case will extend starting around the name change and connect back with 44 south of the airport. With connections on both ends to 44 it makes sense for it to have a number association with 44, which leaves 240 the next best option for Airport Road, which could help people identify/remember which segments are tolled/free.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I still prefer this to both 344 and 335 having the same number. Plus 344/Kilpatrick is also planned to be extended in this round of turnpike expansion, in it's case will extend starting around the name change and connect back with 44 south of the airport. With connections on both ends to 44 it makes sense for it to have an association with 44, which leaves 240 the next best option for Airport Road, which also can help people identify/remember which segments are tolled/free.
    Oh, you are right, I was forgetting that part of the projects. That does make sense for a future additional bit of 344, and you could even have it run with 44 down to the where the east/west turnpike will be built and use 344 for that bit too to hook over to the future 335.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    I had a random question while driving on the new I-335 today. Isn't it weird that the exits/mile markers are numbered as if the road goes all the way to the state line? I feel like the exits/mile markers are numbered on most bypasses as to the end of that road. The exit numbers basically line up with those of I-35. It's like on I-240, the exits are numbered from 1 to 14.

I am also guessing that since I-240 exit 1 is at the termination at I-44, they will have to renumber exits to extend it to the I-344 interchange. I guess matching the bypass exit numbers to the main route exit numbers eliminates the risk of having to renumber all the exits in the case of future expansions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 5.52.17 PM.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	18700

Thread Information