Widgets Magazine

Thread: I-44 service rd. and May Ave.

Default I-44 service rd. and May Ave.

Drove by last night. I'm sure most of you know that the extended stay hotel has been open awhile now, David Stanley opened up last month, ground work and demolition is going on at the old David Stanley site to make way for Lowe's and other retailers. This intersection is finally turning around.

2. Default Re: I-44 service rd. and May Ave.

Now if they could just lose some of the stuff on the northwest corner beyond the Shell station, like the old used-car lot.

I have noticed that they're getting Really Emphatic about keeping people from taking 39th westbound and trying to get onto I-44; the barriers are continuous now.

3. Default Re: I-44 service rd. and May Ave.

Is there really room for a Lowes on the old David Stanley site?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

4. Default Re: I-44 service rd. and May Ave.

It's going to go back a bit farther than Stanley's lot did; if I remember correctly, there's a request in to close a street behind it.

5. Default Re: I-44 service rd. and May Ave.

Also, there is talk the strip center at 36th and May (NW corner) will come down and be rebuilt so the center will face North and also a strip facing East. It would open into the Lowes parking lot, with a larger entrance off May. This makes a lot of sense than for this prime corner property to have its back to the new Lowes. Also, an option is to raze it and offer the site for big box use. Either way, the owner has a winning piece of property, just not as it is currently laid out.

Thread Information