Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hatch/Sidecar

Default Re: Hatch/Sidecar

And it’s going to wrap around and preserve the cool former old gas station type building (or house) on the corner! A project that isn’t tainted by a demo permit when a historic building is present. What a nice surprise for a change.

Press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 21, 2022

HATCH & SDCR BAR COMING SOON TO DOWNTOWN NORMAN
    Popular Brunch Destination and Craft Cocktail Bar Will Soon Anchor a Multi-level New Building Breaking Ground Soon on Main Street

NORMAN, OKLAHOMA – Hatch Early Mood Food and SDCR Barley & Wine Bar, both Provision Concepts’ brands, announce they have executed lease agreements to operate in a new multi-level building on Main Street in Norman known as the J. Ford Building. The new in-fill project will wrap around existing Okie Baking Co. at the northeast corner of Webster and Main. The project is a joint venture between local developer Joey M. Wishnuck of Wishnuck Investments and Jeff Dixon and Zac Bradt of Provision Equity Partners. Local architect Matt Peacock of Peacock Design is designing the shell, while Fitzsimmons Architects will be designing the interior. Additional retail and commercial space will be available for lease on the first and second floors through Boulevard Property Management. Lending has been provided by CORE Bank.

“Downtown Norman was very supportive with our restoration of the “Cookie Cottage”, home of Okie Baking Co. and we are now ready to unveil the final plans for our next phase – the J. Ford Building, (named after my son, Joseph Ford Wishnuck)”. said Wishnuck. “I’m excited to help bring two great destinations to town with Hatch & SDCR.” Dixon agreed, “I’ve looked in Norman for a while and this site and partner in Joey finally felt right.” Construction is anticipated to begin later this summer.

ABOUT PROVISION CONCEPTS
    Since its founding in 2014, Provision Concepts has established itself as one of the premiere hospitality groups in Oklahoma. With years of combined professional hospitality experience, nine original concepts, and millions served, guests can expect impressive cuisine with evolving menus, casual yet sophisticated atmospheres and genuine hospitality at each of its restaurants. Provision Concepts doesn’t believe in whispering over an elegant meal. It wants each guest to enjoy incredible food in a comfortable atmosphere that embraces camaraderie. Provision Concepts’ mission is to treat every guest and employee like family – that’s the PC difference.
    For more information about our concepts, visit us at eatdrinkpc.com.

ABOUT WISHNUCK INVESTMENTS
    Wishnuck Investments has been actively engaged in real estate, construction/development, retail, finance, and business start-ups for over a decade. The firm is anchored by Windstone Construction, co-ownership in ScissorTail Roofing and a portfolio of real estate investments. Windstone Construction is a custom homebuilder / commercial general contractor. ScissorTail Roofing provides both residential and commercial roofing services.

4. Default Re: Hatch/Sidecar

Love it. And they are keeping the cottage!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Love it. And they are keeping the cottage!
    Agreed! I love developers like this who preserve existing buildings like this cottage worth keeping.

This is going to be outstanding for downtown Norman, which has really been on the upswing the last several years.

I wish Hatch and Sidecar would go to Yukon!!

You can see all of the new infill housing south of downtown between James Garner/Jenkins and Webster/Asp in that last picture

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    You can see all of the new infill housing south of downtown between James Garner/Jenkins and Webster/Asp in that last picture
    Yes, I've walked all through there several times and there is a ton of new-build quads and duplexes and a bunch more under construction.

Long overdue. Students need the housing it's such a great location, right between campus and Main Street.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of all the churches in this area. I walked all over this past Sunday around 11 AM and there are at least a dozen big churches, all with huge parking lots that were mainly empty during the couple hours a week they get used at all.

Wow! Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, I've walked all through there several times and there is a ton of new-build quads and duplexes and a bunch more under construction.

Long overdue. Students need the housing it's such a great location, right between campus and Main Street.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of all the churches in this area. I walked all over this past Sunday around 11 AM and there are at least a dozen big churches, all with huge parking lots that were mainly empty during the couple hours a week they get used at all.
    First Baptist, in particular, has a grass lot along its Main St frontage and a huge parking lot presumably shared with First Christian to the south

13. Default Re: Hatch/Sidecar

At least with McFarlin they let students park for free in all their lots.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    At least with McFarlin they let students park for free in all their lots.
    Along with a day care that is open M-F and a food pantry that currently serves Tu/Th and is about to be rebuilt to serve even more frequently.

They've started work on this one. Looks like they're getting ready to pour the foundation

HangryHippo Guest

I had forgotten about this. Awesome! It’ll probably be open before Skinny Slim’s. ��

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I had forgotten about this. Awesome! It’ll probably be open before Skinny Slim’s. ��
    at this point, i think the place on the waterfront over on ed noble parkway will open before Skinny Slims

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    at this point, i think the place on the waterfront over on ed noble parkway will open before skinny slims
    nailed it!

They have started work on Hatch/Sidecar; see above for renderings:

They have started work on Hatch/Sidecar; see above for renderings:

I haven't seen any progress in months. Pete, do you know what is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I haven't seen any progress in months. Pete, do you know what is going on here?
    they were doing some initial foundation work just the other day. so there has been some progress just it has been very very slow. I had heard that there has been some delays that was going to push to opening well into football season, and that they decided if they were going to open, they would rather not do it with an inexperienced staff during football and give people a negative opinion about the location. so don't know if that means they have slowed construction as well, or just maybe aren't as concerned about it making as much progress right now.

^ Thanks for that update. Hopefully it will be done before that project on Ed Noble

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    they were doing some initial foundation work just the other day. so there has been some progress just it has been very very slow. I had heard that there has been some delays that was going to push to opening well into football season, and that they decided if they were going to open, they would rather not do it with an inexperienced staff during football and give people a negative opinion about the location. so don't know if that means they have slowed construction as well, or just maybe aren't as concerned about it making as much progress right now.
    I noticed a "For Lease" sign on the fence that fronts Main. I still wonder about this site coming to fruition with a HATCH. Memories of the promised Skinny Slims comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I noticed a "For Lease" sign on the fence that fronts Main. I still wonder about this site coming to fruition with a HATCH. Memories of the promised Skinny Slims comes to mind.
    i'll do some checking with my sources inside that restaurant group. Last i had heard, all was still planned going forward for both still Hatch and Sidecar

Thread Information