Not sure if this belongs in "sports" or general "development" because my question is not about the athletic match as much as the potential knock-off opportunities for OKC.

The UrbanSTL forum that I follow has had an interesting discussion going on about the World Cup in 2026 (and the fact that Kansas City will be a host city. Someone (not me) shared this thought:

-------

(Also, between this thread and the other thread, there has been talk of travel in between cities for games. This WC will be the first to have 48 teams - 16 groups of 3 (2 games per team in the group stage). The thinking is, each group will be assigned a pair of cities (Seattle/Vancouver, SF/LA, Guadalajara/Mexico City, Monterrey/Houston, DFW/KC, ATL/MIA, NYC/Philly, Boston/Toronto) and each team will play in each city. Keeps travel reasonable for both teams and their fans. So, in this scenario (KC/DFW pairing), seems like spectators would be more inclined to plan their travel around those two cities and focus on getting from one to the other.)

-------

In the scenario above, there could be many international football travelers making journeys back and forth between Kansas City and Dallas. I wonder what OKC can do to take advantage? From a tourism/marketing standpoint...

I wonder if the powers-that-be in OKC are starting to discuss this at all.