Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Love's

  1. #1

    Default Love's

    Love's is planning to demolish and completely rebuild their travel stop on NE 122nd and I-35.

    The new facility will have a food court with a Subway and Godfather's Pizza, showers, laundry and an EV charging station in addition to gas and diesel pumps.

    With the entry of QT and the expansion of OnCue and 7-Eleven, I bet we'll see more new Love's around their hometown.


















  2. #2

    Default Re: Love's

    That would be nice. I rarely shop Love's locally because the stores aren't the best. But when I do road trips, I almost exclusively stop at Love's stores, because off of the interstates most of their stores are new or have been redone and have some of the best amenities.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Love's

    I wouldn't mind if the ones at Morgan and I40 and in Yukon get some... Lovin'. Haha, I keep getting giftcards to Love's and I would like some better stores, heck maybe a new location or two that are more in my neck of the woods. I strictly use Phillips 66 fuel, but I don't mind purchasing drinks and snacks or even Subway at Love's. Actually, we prefer the Subways inside of Love's to stand alone locations as the employees seem nicer and you get more for your buck. Maybe because they are used to serving truckers and so they just are more generous, I don't know.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That would be nice. I rarely shop Love's locally because the stores aren't the best. But when I do road trips, I almost exclusively stop at Love's stores, because off of the interstates most of their stores are new or have been redone and have some of the best amenities.
    Agreed. In OKC, we go to OnCue for our weekly gas fill ups. But, we did a 2000 mile week long road trip this past May, and stopped almost exclusively at Love's and their Travel Stops. We discovered they really take the clean restroom element almost as serious as Bucees.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Love's

    I also like to stop at Love's outside of OKC because, well, it's not often you get to support local outside of the state.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Agreed. In OKC, we go to OnCue for our weekly gas fill ups. But, we did a 2000 mile week long road trip this past May, and stopped almost exclusively at Love's and their Travel Stops. We discovered they really take the clean restroom element almost as serious as Bucees.
    I second the statement on bathrooms. I think all of the ones I've seen off the interstates also have a really easy push button rating system on the way out to, basically a thumbs up or down on cleanliness. I always rate, hoping that it contributes in some meaningful way, but seems like they do a good job compared to others.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Love's

    They need to bring Godfather's stand alone back

  8. #8

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I also like to stop at Love's outside of OKC because, well, it's not often you get to support local outside of the state.
    Loves has been and continues to build a LOT of motels/hotels nationwide. Most are right next to their travel centers. I always stay the the one in Tucumcari NM, I-40 exit #333 Fairfield Inn. It's across the road from the Loves, just behind the Flying J.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Love's

    Do any of the new construction/designs include electric charging stations/sections?

    Just curious how they are thinking about current vs. Future needs for travel/ transport

  10. #10

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Do any of the new construction/designs include electric charging stations/sections?
    This one does. I wrote that in the original post.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This one does. I wrote that in the original post.
    The Loves in Eric, OK has electric charging stations. There are about 5-6 of them and there’s almost always two cars at minimum using them.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    They need to bring Godfather's stand alone back
    I keep forgetting the one near me has Godfather's. It's still really good, in my opinion.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I keep forgetting the one near me has Godfather's. It's still really good, in my opinion.
    Any idea about how the frozen gluten-free ones in grocery stores are? I am immediately suspect of gluten-free pizza crusts...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Love's

    Apparently they plan to rebuild a few of the older truck stops in the state.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Love's

    I was thinking any new Love’s would have bojangles chicken also.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...kc75tPM2CoWxlg

  16. #16

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    I was thinking any new Love’s would have bojangles chicken also.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...kc75tPM2CoWxlg
    Hopefully that’s better than Chester’s. That sh!t was nasty.

    Regarding Loves they really are one of the better truck stops. Granted I haven’t been to the eastern part of the country much but TA and Flying Js were run down shanity shacks compared to loves. There are a few loves that could use an upgrade. I think if OnCue or QT started expanding a truck stop operation west they would absolutely kill it if they maintained their current standards.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hopefully that’s better than Chester’s. That sh!t was nasty.

    Regarding Loves they really are one of the better truck stops. Granted I haven’t been to the eastern part of the country much but TA and Flying Js were run down shanity shacks compared to loves. There are a few loves that could use an upgrade. I think if OnCue or QT started expanding a truck stop operation west they would absolutely kill it if they maintained their current standards.
    My family and I drive to Florida, sometimes twice a year. We have done it so much that we have our preferred cities/hotels to stay in, but also, we have our preferred gas stations and Love's is always at the top of the list. Every one of them we go into, the bathrooms are usually pretty clean, quick and easy, in and out. The snack and drink selection is good and the people are pretty friendly. We have stopped at them Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and a few in Florida.

    We have also stopped at some TA's and Flying J's and same issue you have. A few were fine, most were quick pee stops and get back on the road.

    We drove to and from Florida in August of 2020 and October of 2020 and found Love's and McDonald's were the best places to stop to go to the bathroom. Maybe too much info?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Love's

    Yeap same here. I almost always stop at the loves at Eric and Tucumcari.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Love's

    I have been running okc to Hays Kansas and Wichita KS for the last several months looking at properties. I used to be a big Loves fan but have noticed that their diesel is anywhere from 10-50 cents higher per gallon than the other places on I35. Usually the truck stop on the Kansas turnpike or the one by the Rock n Brews casino at the state line are usually the cheapest.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hopefully that’s better than Chester’s. That sh!t was nasty.

    Regarding Loves they really are one of the better truck stops. Granted I haven’t been to the eastern part of the country much but TA and Flying Js were run down shanity shacks compared to loves. There are a few loves that could use an upgrade. I think if OnCue or QT started expanding a truck stop operation west they would absolutely kill it if they maintained their current standards.
    Bojangles is competing with Popeyes.

  21. Default Re: Love's

    Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    Bojangles is competing with Popeyes.
    Bojangles is superior to Popeyes, bojangles isn’t competing for anything

    My old ass Mexican stepfather that lives in the Texas hill country hits up bojangles as soon as they land in NC because he knows good fast food spicy chicken

  22. Default Re: Love's

    We stop at the first Bojangles in Memphis on our annual drive to the Virginia Beach area. it's great! I would have loved to have seen Loves start putting in Bojangles around here. And I do agree that Bojangles is lightyears better than Popeyes.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Love's

    Bojangles is very mediocre IMO. Tastes like the junk you get out of a frozen food section at Walmart.

    Chicken Express, Golden Chick, Popeyes (on a day when the chicken hasn't been sitting out for 2 hours), Chick-fil-A, and Cane's are all much better.

    As for Love's, they really need a logo update.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Love's

    I agree I like Bojangles better than Popeyes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Love is Love
    By ljbab728 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 06:27 AM
  2. Love's
    By Larry OKC in forum Businesses & Employers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 02:19 AM
  3. LOVE This so Much
    By Karried in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM
  4. This, You Will Love
    By Doug Loudenback in forum Sports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 02:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO