Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tag Renewals

1. Default Tag Renewals

Ok. It's confused. Nothing new though.

I just got online to renew the "official" tags on our 02 Miata and 04 Liberty. Both also have personalized tags. The ODPS website says all vehicles will have just one tag going forward and you choose which one and agree to surrender the other. I picked the personalized on both. The fee for both ended up being $20 total. It seemed it should have been more than that. I'll ask when I take the "official" tags to the agency but I thought someone here might know something.

Default Re: Tag Renewals

Our tag agency didn't make us surrender ours. I have a wall in our garage we hang all ours from everywhere we've lived.

3. Default Re: Tag Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Our tag agency didn't make us surrender ours. I have a wall in our garage we hang all ours from everywhere we've lived.
    I talked to my favorite tag agent. You don't have to surrender them. My BIL makes signs out of tag letters & numbers so I'll give them to him. And the fees are still kind of odd to me. The cheap cost was just a transfer fee since I'm keeping the personalized plates and it was the regular plates that were due. Then when the personalized renewal comes I'll owe the annual tax and the personalized fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I talked to my favorite tag agent. You don't have to surrender them. My BIL makes signs out of tag letters & numbers so I'll give them to him. And the fees are still kind of odd to me. The cheap cost was just a transfer fee since I'm keeping the personalized plates and it was the regular plates that were due. Then when the personalized renewal comes I'll owe the annual tax and the personalized fee.
    Lol, I totally forgot to comment on that. Yes, I paid a cheap transfer fee when I made my personalized tags our main one. Come July I will have to pay the full renewal since it's due then.

Some of those tag letter signs are really neat.

5. Default Re: Tag Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Lol, I totally forgot to comment on that. Yes, I paid a cheap transfer fee when I made my personalized tags our main one. Come July I will have to pay the full renewal since it's due then.

Some of those tag letter signs are really neat.
    He does some good ones. And lots of custom. It's odd to me though that the biggest sellers are words I can't put on here.

I sold a car to a guy out of state recently. And then I just received an email from the state telling me it's time to do a renewal.

What are some suggestions on ways to spend the tag $ that I'm not sending to the state?

No for real, do I need to let the state know I sold the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    I sold a car to a guy out of state recently. And then I just received an email from the state telling me it's time to do a renewal.

What are some suggestions on ways to spend the tag $ that I'm not sending to the state?

No for real, do I need to let the state know I sold the car?
    Did you remove the tag when you sold it? OK law requires that now where in the past you could leave it on the vehicle. There is a detachable section on the bottom of the OK title you can remove and file with the state that shows you sold the vehicle.

8. Default Re: Tag Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Did you remove the tag when you sold it? OK law requires that now where in the past you could leave it on the vehicle. There is a detachable section on the bottom of the OK title you can remove and file with the state that shows you sold the vehicle.
    If you didn't detach the section from the title there's also a form online. I never informed the state when I sold a car until a few years ago. But as the world gets more crazy I become more careful.

Thread Information