Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

I noticed they have fish and chips on the Boston menu, so that pub mainstay will probably be available. Huge upgrade for OKC!

I’m not upset with this news but I do wish we’d get an authentic English pub serving the real deal fish n chips in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’m not upset with this news but I do wish we’d get an authentic English pub serving the real deal fish n chips in OKC.
    I know it's not English, but how are Sean Cummings' fish/chips?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I know it's not English, but how are Sean Cummings' fish/chips?
    Honestly have not been there but thanks for bringing that up! I might go try them tonight. Anyone else here tried them?

I love Sean Cummings, but the fish and chips are fine. Get the boxty if you're there. The best fish and chips in OKC are at RePUBlic.

On the topic of this thread - I wish them success up there. It might even get me to go to Chisolm Creek voluntarily. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    I love Sean Cummings, but the fish and chips are fine. Get the boxty if you're there. The best fish and chips in OKC are at RePUBlic.

On the topic of this thread - I wish them success up there. It might even get me to go to Chisolm Creek voluntarily. Maybe.
    Thx for the tips, haven't been to RePUBlic for ages, need to go back.

7. Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

I dunno, I had the best fish and chips I've had in the area at The Black Raven Pub in Harrah last weekend! So perfectly done--actually crunchy on the outside. If you all haven't made the drive to this cool little pub in an 100-year old building yet, make the drive out and do it! Everything my whole table had was excellent. Scratch kitchen, cool owner, very atmospheric.

8. Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I dunno, I had the best fish and chips I've had in the area at The Black Raven Pub in Harrah last weekend! So perfectly done--actually crunchy on the outside. If you all haven't made the drive to this cool little pub in an 100-year old building yet, make the drive out and do it! Everything my whole table had was excellent. Scratch kitchen, cool owner, very atmospheric.
    I forgot they moved to Harrah... Ate there when they were in Choctaw Plaza a few times and thought it was pretty good.

Thx for the tips, haven't been to RePUBlic for ages, need to go back.
    Alternate opinion, the fish and chips at Republic are not worth much. Fish is over battered and tasteless. Good fish and chips requires being near a water source. There is no good fish and chips in Oklahoma, though plenty that will do in a pinch if you are homesick for England or Canada coastals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Alternate opinion, the fish and chips at Republic are not worth much. Fish is over battered and tasteless. Good fish and chips requires being near a water source. There is no good fish and chips in Oklahoma, though plenty that will do in a pinch if you are homesick for England or Canada coastals.
    Totally agree. Most who think the f&c here are good haven’t had real authentic properly made ones.

Isn't the philosophy of having to be on the water to have good fresh fish out of date by now? Aren't fish flown in daily to all over middle America and are (almost, pretty close to) as good as being on the coasts? Pretty sure there were restaurants in the Chicago area that had fish as good as the coasts (and not caught in Lake Michigan)?

Blog Entries

Isn't the philosophy of having to be on the water to have good fresh fish out of date by now? Aren't fish flown in daily to all over middle America and are (almost, pretty close to) as good as being on the coasts? Pretty sure there were restaurants in the Chicago area that had fish as good as the coasts (and not caught in Lake Michigan)?
    Are you saying the f&c cod fish here are flown in and made from fresh fish? The English and Scott’s use othe fish too that we don’t even have here. And what they are cooked in is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Are you saying the f&c cod fish here are flown in and made from fresh fish? The English and Scott’s use othe fish too that we don’t even have here. And what they are cooked in is different.
    I'm saying fish and chips in Oklahoma is trash. I don't care how well Ben E. Keith's flash-freezes it.

I'm saying fish and chips in Oklahoma is trash. I don't care how well Ben E. Keith's flash-freezes it.
    Do you get it from chain restaurants? Go to Sean Cummings or Black Raven. It isn't trash, you are just comparing it to something unattainable - seaside locales.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Do you get it from chain restaurants? Go to Sean Cummings or Black Raven. It isn't trash, you are just comparing it to something unattainable - seaside locales.
    My butler flies it in from Chicestershire after every Goodwood season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not saying anything about who flies what in to OKC or anything about anybody's fish/chips, I'm just saying that there are lots of places not on the coasts of America that fly fish in daily and it's pretty fresh and good, but no, it will probably never be as fresh as getting it off a boat or dock or coast-side establishment on one of the coasts.

Interesting. I wonder if they plan to modify the exterior at all given the change in concept.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if they plan to modify the exterior at all given the change in concept.
    No, it will be the same.

The changed the concept some time ago so if they were going to change the exterior, they would have already done so.

Preliminary plans are out for this project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RK OKC.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	4.84 MB 
ID:	17765

I appreciate you continuing to post these pictures and keep us updated on the construction.

Do you have ANY idea how soon it will be open? It looks like they still have to get the interior together, so probably not spring. Summer? Fall? Have they said?

^

I would guess late spring/early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I would guess late spring/early summer.
    Then it seems like this will end up being the 4th Ramsay's Kitchen. I saw a newspaper article that says there will be one in early spring in the Chicago area, taking over a spot that used to be a Ted's Montana Grill ("Ted" is Ted Turner; he had created that chain). They are already hiring managers and chefs for that location.

A year ago this month was the first one in Boston, and two months ago was the second one in Las Vegas.

I don't know if this is okay to post; if not go ahead and delete it. But here's a new development for this Ramsay's Kitchen: they are now hiring a General Manager and an Executive Chef at this location! Here are the career ads from Gordon Ramsay North America, showing the address at Chisholm Creek:

https://harri.com/gordon-ramsay-mana...eneral-manager

https://harri.com/gordon-ramsay-mana...executive-chef

Thread Information