Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

Default Re: Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Very odd then that they would choose OKC as their next location, DFW seems like it would've been the obvious first-choice for a central US location
    It does make you wonder if there is some other catalyst.

Perhaps the MAPS 4 soccer stadium has committed to Chisholm Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    It does make you wonder if there is some other catalyst.

Perhaps the MAPS 4 soccer stadium has committed to Chisholm Creek?
    While the stadium may or may not end up there, to use that as an inducement to lure investors before the public process is completed would be a total abdication of the MAPS process. It would be a massive scandal.

So, it must be something else.

As I mentioned previously, they were very close to signing a deal at Classen Curve over a year ago, so they've been looking at the market in general for some time.

I used to be a commercial real estate broker, and there are two primary ways in which these sorts of deals commence: 1) the business itself does research, becomes interested in a market, and has employees that scout potential sites; or 2) a developer (or their broker representative) reaches out directly to the company and recruits them.

Knowing the people at Chisholm Creek and Classen Curve, I can assure you they are very aggressive in being proactive and actively recruiting new-to-market retailers, restaurants, hotels and apartment developers and there are lots of examples of their success. The OAK is the same. And when they go out and recruit and get an interested business to nibble on a market, that business often looks at other possible locations. Many times, a broker or developer can get a company interested in the market but then lose them to another preferred site; and the particularly shrewd operations leverage developers and even cities against each other to get a better deal (like Costco did with Edmond when they always wanted to be on Memorial Road).

I wouldn't be surprised if Washington Prime (Classen Curve) had been working with the Ramsay people on other projects and got them interested in OKC, then they felt like Chisholm Creek was a better fit. Or, it could have happened the other way around between those two properties.

You have to include OAK in this mix as well, as I know Curve, Chisholm and OAK are all actively recruiting several of the same retail and restaurant tenants. And at the same time, OAK is trying to do deals without losing them to Penn Square; or by taking them from the mall (like Curve did with BC Clark). Word is that Pottery Barn is not renewing their lease at Penn Square and I can guarantee you all three of these properties have been courting them. And all of them would kill to get the Apple store, but Apple just made a huge investment at Penn Sq.

I will add the OKC Chamber has a dedicated person to promote the city to various retail and restaurant operations, and they attend national conferences and sometimes entertain their reps when they come into town, as does the Alliance for Economic Development which works closely with the city and state chambers.

Things have changed somewhat since I was a broker focusing on retail properties and tenants/buyers. The primary shift is now brokers usually want a part of a development if they bring a key buyer/tenant as this was considered unethical in my day and probably still is, but is now quite common. I have mentioned that I'm the person that recruited Walgreens to OKC back in the 80s, and had reached out to them because I was representing various properties in OKC, but ended up working with them in Tulsa because that was the market they preferred first. This was the 80s and all that is shifted now, with almost everyone preferring to start in OKC if they are entering the state.

They aren’t messing around with this project. Construction is in full swing.

OH dang they're not wasting any time!

I can't believe I had never noticed the pedestrian bridge and ampitheatre before.

I have been meaning to go to Razzoo's to get their fried pickles but one day I will

Pete, Do you know what is going in next door (to the south) of Gordon's restaurant?

Quote Originally Posted by ccsokc View Post
    Pete, Do you know what is going in next door (to the south) of Gordon's restaurant?
    Yes it will be a wine/tapas bar:

Riserva

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes it will be a wine/tapas bar:

Riserva
    Thank you!

Gordon Ramsay changes concepts at Chisholm Creek

As we were first to report in May, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is in the process of bringing a new restaurant to Chisholm Creek at Memorial and Western in far north Oklahoma City.

But Ramsay has now decided to change the concept. What was to be a Pub & Grill will now be one of the chef's newest concepts, Ramsay's Kitchen.

The first opened early this year in an exclusive area of Boston. A second is scheduled to debut later this month on the Las Vegas Strip.

From Ramsay's Kitchen website:

Ramsay’s Kitchen is an experience like no other. It’s a casually refined, inviting kitchen that welcomes every guest to experience Chef Ramsay's culinary journey around the world.

Experience an all-day dining menu at Ramsay's Kitchen. From breakfast to desserts to late-night cocktails, enjoy classics like Beef Wellington, local fare, and dishes influenced from all over the globe under one roof. There’s a unique twist on local favorites — all inspired by Michelin-starred Chef Gordon Ramsay. Pair your meal with a crafted cocktail or select from a robust wine list, followed by an exquisite dessert selection.
    The restaurant is well under construction at Chisholm Creek and the exterior will remain as originally planned, but the interior and patio will be upgraded and include stylish decor and a large bar area.

Ramsay's Kitchen will open in early 2023.

15. Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

I'm going to be giving this place a try but my experience at Gordon Ramsay Steak in Las Vegas was underwhelming.

But most of my meals on the strip have been underwhelming with the exception of Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak. So I'm going to try and go in without any preconceived notions after my meal in Vegas..... With that said... Just having Ramsay's name on this is going to make it a hit I'm pretty sure. I've been a fan of his since before anyone really knew who we was.

Craftsteak though is the reason I now grow sunchokes on my farm and is the only restaurant I have ever been served sirloin that I enjoyed.

Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

This seems like good news? Disappointing I guess if you were really into the English pub concept, but this feels like an upgrade and its still a new concept and would put us at just the third location, yeah?

I had a good experience at GR Steak in Vegas although I'm admittedly surely not as discerning as Roger is.

Yes, this would be only the 3rd Ramsay's Kitchen.

And yes, this represents an upgrade from the pub concept.

18. Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I had a good experience at GR Steak in Vegas although I'm admittedly surely not as discerning as Roger is.
    When i can't finish a bowl of mac and cheese with lardons (which I believe is the side dish in the pic with the steak above) because it's too salty.... It's not a good thing.

The service at Steak was top notch and I loved that we were actually seated where I could see into the kitchen and watch them work, even though I think the man at the table between me and the kitchen thought I was checking out his girlfriend.

Holy cow fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    When i can't finish a bowl of mac and cheese with lardons (which I believe is the side dish in the pic with the steak above) because it's too salty.... It's not a good thing.

The service at Steak was top notch and I loved that we were actually seated where I could see into the kitchen and watch them work, even though I think the man at the table between me and the kitchen thought I was checking out his girlfriend.
    Ah, yeah, that's a bummer. I had the Beef Wellington which was fantastic; I don't particularly remember the sides.

Yes, this would be only the 3rd Ramsay's Kitchen.

And yes, this represents an upgrade from the pub concept.
    Any insight into what led them to switch to this concept? (not to look a gift horse in the mouth; just curious)

21. Default Re: Ramsay's Kitchen (formerly Pub & Grill)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Ah, yeah, that's a bummer. I had the Beef Wellington which was fantastic; I don't particularly remember the sides.
    Had we gone to Hell's Kitchen. I probably would have had the Wellington..... But since we went to Steak I had to have the steak.... And the steak, while good, wasn't good enough to make me want to go back... I'd go back to Craftsteak if I was in Vegas again.... I probably will not try the steak at Ramsay's Kitchen. Not because of my experience in Vegas but because I want to try some of his other dishes.

The menu for Ramsay's Kitchen is pretty solid, it covers a lot of areas and at different price points. This should serve as a really great date night destination.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post

Try Prime at the Bellagio. Really good steaks too.

Next time I'm in Vegas I'll have to check out Craftsteak.

Gordon Ramsay changes concepts at Chisholm Creek

As we were first to report in May, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is in the process of bringing a new restaurant to Chisholm Creek at Memorial and Western in far north Oklahoma City.

But Ramsay has now decided to change the concept. What was to be a Pub & Grill will now be one of the chef's newest concepts, Ramsay's Kitchen.

The first opened early this year in an exclusive area of Boston. A second is scheduled to debut later this month on the Las Vegas Strip.

From Ramsay's Kitchen website:

The restaurant is well under construction at Chisholm Creek and the exterior will remain as originally planned, but the interior and patio will be upgraded and include stylish decor and a large bar area.

Ramsay's Kitchen will open in early 2023.

I absolutely LOVE this news. Some local food bloggers will be annoyed by the excitement, lol, but this is a far more adventurous entrant into OKC's dining scene than what was previously planned. I'm sure a Ramsay pub would have been very good but this has amazing potential to be a destination restaurant.

So happy to hear this and good for Chef Ramsay for taking a smart gamble on OKC.

Thread Information