Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OKC Pizza

Default OKC Pizza

There are so many pizza spots in the OKC metro.

I'm curious to hear about people's favorite spots so I can have something new to try.

For me it is Providence pizzeria Co. (Detroit and the NY style), Empire Slice House, Hall's Pizza Kitchen, and Mozz & Mari's Pizza Joint which is on par with Hall's IMO

I've had Gusto's but not a big fan of neapolitan pizza

Can't wait for Sauced to be back up and running.

I've heard Eagle One is pretty good for some cheap greasy football pizza

Oak City Pizza looks awesome but I'm never in Edmonds but would make the short trip for a good slice

Notorious Pie in Norman looks outstanding and I'm definitely making a trip for a slice, do they sell by the slice?

As far as chain pizza me and the wife love mazzios this crust!

Default Re: OKC Pizza

I too really like Hall's, Empire and Providence.

I'd also add Joey's, Rendezvous, Birra Birra and Gabriella's.

For chain, Domino's is a great value and their hand-tossed crust is darn good.

thanks Pete

Forgot about Joey's, Rendezvous and Birra Birra and I've been wanting to check them out but always forget. Not familiar with Gabriella's but will scope it.

If you ever see the Mitchell's Pizza food truck, we were very impressed. We tried the margarita (amazing), whatever they call their all-meat pizza (excellent) and their version of white pizza, which my wife liked more than I did, but hey, I'm a tomato guy. I think the slices were $6 and I would say they were from an 18" pizza (I measured them at 9" from tip to outer edge).

If i do chain Pizza it's usually Mazzios, other than that Luigis/N May has good pizza for carryout/buffet. For sit down its usually Jo's Famous Pizza in Edmond or Empire. If i had to pick one it would be Jo's. Just my 02.

I love Providence's Detroit squares, though I wish they offered them in larger sizes. Rendezvous is also good for Detroit pizza, though I have found I like Providence's flavors a bit more. Hall's is expensive but damn tasty. Empire is really good, as is Jet's NY Slice in Moore. I'm also a big fan of Eagle One - it's cheap pizza, but it punches above it's weight, imo. Red Pepper Pizza on 23rd is along that same line for me as well - they're a little more expensive than Eagle One, but their crust has more flavor and they have larger sizes and more topping options - plus they are open late, which is nice. For chains, my favorite is Hideaway (along with an order of fried mushrooms, ofc).

I wish we had options for Chicago-style deep dish (RIP The Heat) or tavern-style pizza (Husband got me hooked on that style after we visited his hometown in the Chicago 'burbs - it's basically a crispy thin crust that's got more chew to it, like a middle-ground between ny style and cracker-style crust. If ever in Wheeling, IL, visit Joe's Pizzeria, and don't forget a cannoli dusted with pistachios for dessert!)

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I love Providence's Detroit squares, though I wish they offered them in larger sizes. Rendezvous is also good for Detroit pizza, though I have found I like Providence's flavors a bit more. Hall's is expensive but damn tasty. Empire is really good, as is Jet's NY Slice in Moore. I'm also a big fan of Eagle One - it's cheap pizza, but it punches above it's weight, imo. Red Pepper Pizza on 23rd is along that same line for me as well - they're a little more expensive than Eagle One, but their crust has more flavor and they have larger sizes and more topping options - plus they are open late, which is nice. For chains, my favorite is Hideaway (along with an order of fried mushrooms, ofc).

I wish we had options for Chicago-style deep dish (RIP The Heat) or tavern-style pizza (Husband got me hooked on that style after we visited his hometown in the Chicago 'burbs - it's basically a crispy thin crust that's got more chew to it, like a middle-ground between ny style and cracker-style crust. If ever in Wheeling, IL, visit Joe's Pizzeria, and don't forget a cannoli dusted with pistachios for dessert!)
    Totally forgot about hideaway and a bit embarrassed to say I have never had it...yet.

I do love tavern style and wish I knew of one here in the meto.

I'll add Mitchell's, Jet's, Red Pepper, Jo's Famous pizza to my list thanks for the input!

8. Default Re: OKC Pizza

Papa Angelo's in Bethany is my go to for New York style.

If you're feeling hungry you can try their 6lb Empire Challenge.

I'd echo many of the ones posted here: Papa Angelo's, Hall's, Rendezvous. Had Mitchell's recently - little bit of honey on top, interesting and tasty. Another good one for Detroit style is Woodward, just opened in Edmond. We also like a place called Sicilian Pizza on Memorial - great calzone and pretty good pizza. For chains, we love Hideaway.

Miss the Heat...

10. Default Re: OKC Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guide View Post
    Miss the Heat...
    Yep.... I thought at one point they said some of their employees were going to reopen it but I was up that way a few weeks ago and it has something new in it.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post

I love tavern style pizza too! Just never realized it was called tavern style. Always just called it Chicago thin crust. I don’t think I’ve visited a thin crust place I didn’t like in Chicago but I’m partial to Vito and Nicks. To get my fix here, we order from Domino’s or sometimes Marco’s. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Totally forgot about hideaway and a bit embarrassed to say I have never had it...yet.

I do love tavern style and wish I knew of one here in the meto.

I'll add Mitchell's, Jet's, Red Pepper, Jo's Famous pizza to my list thanks for the input!
    As he said, get the fried mushrooms (Rococo has the best, but theirs are second-best).

Sauced, Pizzeria Gusto, and The Wedge are our go-to places, and yeah, I'm tired of waiting for Sauced to reopen, they need to finish! The Wedge is really good, but it's also Neapolitan, so might not be your cup of tea. We eat at Joey's occasionally, and they're good too, but we just don't get over there often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    As he said, get the fried mushrooms (Rococo has the best, but theirs are second-best).

Sauced, Pizzeria Gusto, and The Wedge are our go-to places, and yeah, I'm tired of waiting for Sauced to reopen, they need to finish! The Wedge is really good, but it's also Neapolitan, so might not be your cup of tea. We eat at Joey's occasionally, and they're good too, but we just don't get over there often.
    I forgot about the Wedge as well! Also, I have never tried Upper Crust.

I don't dislike neapolitan it's just not my favorite it is down on the list after NY style, Detroit, Chicago Tavern, most thin cracker crust pizzas whether it is local or chain/delivery

I'm telling you all Mozz & Mari's Pizza Joint in the Collective has great pizza!

Upper Crust is great if you are looking for a nicer place, great service and a large bar area.

Papa Angelo’s in Bethany, Empire, Halls, Rounders is a newer pizza place in Yukon that’s really good. Looking forward to trying the Saucee Sicilian I also always have them cook it well done so the crust is a bit crunchy.

16. Default Re: OKC Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Rounders is a newer pizza place in Yukon that’s really good.
    I see they changed their Chicago Style to Detroit Style..... Which was probably a good idea because there was nothing Chicago about their Chicago...... other than that. Yeah I thought their ingredients were great.

I've never been able to get into the Wedge - it's a shame because I can walk there in 90 seconds. Definitely prefer Gusto for a similar style pizza.

Go to for Pepperoni pizza is Pizza Zone off 36th and Penn. If you have not had it, seriously give it a try.

Empire and honestly, Hideaway has grown on me a lot the last few years.

I spent 11 years in Stillwater and none of the Hideaway off-shoots have really done it for me, pizza-wise. The fried mushrooms are another story and every order I've eaten was delicious. My go-to sauces are the creamy Italian (highly recommended if you haven't tried it) and honey mustard (Hideaway has the best I've ever had).

We didn't care for Saucee Sicilian....at all. Maybe they were having a bad day because their rep is very good.

We did really enjoy Oak City.

We like Jo's but in my mind, it's more akin to a much higher quality Pizza Hut/Pizza Inn pizza, than one of the famous regional styles.

I heard Hobby's Hoagies had a good NY style pizza and the two or three I've ordered did not disappoint.

My favorite major chain pizza is Dominos, by a large margin.

19. Default Re: OKC Pizza

Man, I hesitate to lean so hard into a neighbor because it feels fishy, but from where I’m at Rendezvous is my favorite pizza in OKC. I think their New York style is as good as Empire’s and that their Detroit style is BETTER than Providence, and that’s saying something. I LOVE Empire AND Providence.

I also really like Gusto, and I’m digging the Diavolo at Tellers in FNC. For pick-up-on-the-way-home pies it’s hard to beat the curbside service and the trip down ‘80s memory lane at Hideaway.

20. Default Re: OKC Pizza

Is Falcone's any good still? I haven't been since Falcone himself sold.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Is Falcone's any good still? I haven't been since Falcone himself sold.
    No, nowhere like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I've never been able to get into the Wedge - it's a shame because I can walk there in 90 seconds. Definitely prefer Gusto for a similar style pizza.

Go to for Pepperoni pizza is Pizza Zone off 36th and Penn. If you have not had it, seriously give it a try.

Empire and honestly, Hideaway has grown on me a lot the last few years.
    That's bizarre about The Wedge - we are able to get in whenever we go, but it's usually early afternoon on the weekends. Got into the Deep Deuce one on a Friday night before the Lindsey Buckingham show at the Criterion wtihout any problem either. But yeah, they're small, go at off times, it'll be worth it (the pear appetizer and beet salad are great, and pretty much every pie we've had there is good, but we've only had 4 or so of their specialty pies).

Rendezvous for detroit
    Mozz & Mari for NY form factor. It's crispy and not floppy on the bottom, they also add garnish to their crust. Their wings are also pretty good.
    Halls for wood oven.
    Blaze for chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Rendezvous for detroit
    Mozz & Mari for NY form factor. It's crispy and not floppy on the bottom, they also add garnish to their crust. Their wings are also pretty good.
    Halls for wood oven.
    Blaze for chain.
    GTK about Mozz & Mari, the floppiness is what I don't like about Empire, we'll have to make that our next pizza stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Upper Crust is great if you are looking for a nicer place, great service and a large bar area.
    UC is our favorite pizza place. I also absolutely love their lasagna.

Thread Information