Widgets Magazine

Thread: Big Lots

Moore Big Lots

Big Lots is bringing a store to Moore. They are taking over a portion of the old Hemisphere's store at 19th and Telephone. It is going to be 32,399 square feet.

There is no indication of any tenant that might take over the additional space not to be occupied by Big Lots.

Big Lots Moore.jpg

Default Re: Big Lots

Glad someone is going into that building. It's a huge space to be sitting there empty.

3. Default Re: Big Lots

Agreed, and at such a prime location, i'm surprised its taken this long to get something else in there. If i remember right, that's only about 1/2 of the building.

Trader Joes to fill in the other half. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

That is really good news, I just bought chairs from Big Lots a few weeks ago and the chairs have been fantastic, it is a great store with cheap prices

Haven't heard anything else on Big Lots going into this location but there is now a sign up on the old Hemispheres building says Crunch Fitness is coming soon.

I wonder if those two will split the building?

I'd like a Big Lots. Their newer stores have a lot more than they once did and I enjoy going.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Haven't heard anything else on Big Lots going into this location but there is now a sign up on the old Hemispheres building says Crunch Fitness is coming soon.
    Why? There is Gold's Gym across the street

The plans have come out for the Crunch Fitness and they are taking over the whole building. Not sure why the Big Lots deal feel through. This will be the 4th gym in addition to the mentioned Gold's Gym, Anytime Fitness, and Orange Theory all within one mile of each other.

Crunch Moore.jpg

Ah well that's a bummer. I'm pretty sure there are some vacant spaces on the other side of the interstate over by the Hobby Lobby that Big Lots could go into.

Really liked going to crunch when I lived in Norman. I wish they would open one closer to the north side of OKC.

13. Default Re: Big Lots

Quote Originally Posted by dheinz44 View Post
    Really liked going to crunch when I lived in Norman. I wish they would open one closer to the north side of OKC.
    I was told by a friend who owns commercial space for lease in NW Oklahoma City that he has been approached by Crunch Fitness in regards to opening a location. It would require major renovations, though, and is probably 6 months out.

I saw a post on Next Door neightboor that someone told the person that Crunch Fitness is too close to the one in Norman because it has to be at least 10 miles away from another facility so they had to back out.

So maybe they will put Big Lots in?

That is sad. I really liked Crunch fitness's price point. They have like 3 categories to choose from. I want to say it is 24hrs.

Thread Information