Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hamilton Courts

South OKC Hamilton Courts

I was headed down Grand Blvd in SE OKC, (between 15th and 29th streets), and noticed the property is now undergoing extensive earth moving. The property had been empty and abandoned for literally years. A check with the Oklahoma County Assessors page shows the property sold back in 2017 to

GARRETT AND COMPANY RESOURCES LLC &
    WILLOWBROOK INVESTMENTS LLC

No other info is given, but the property is listed with the Assessors office as account: R140781125.

Garrett and Co. has a web site, but no mention of any project. Willowbrook has a linkin page which mentions developer Jason Burgess. At the moment it is a head scratcher.

Default Re: Anyone have a clue what is going on with the old Hamilton Courts property?

That property was owned by Chesapeake during the Aubrey McClendon era. They held it for 10 years then sold it for less than 1/3rd of what they paid.

Looks like it will be another huge storage facility for Copart.

Also, Locke Supply owns the square property on the NW corner of SE 22nd & Grand; they have recently announced plans to build an HQ and distribution center at the new city-backed development at I-240 and Eastern/Bryant.

Default Re: Anyone have a clue what is going on with the old Hamilton Courts property?

This is an aerial from 1969 and you can see this used to be a large public housing project (Hamilton Courts) which was generally viewed as a colossal failure and later completely demolished.

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the information. Not exactly something I really want within 2 miles of my home, but "progress" waits for no man! I will admit, at least Copart runs a cleaner (apparently) operation than most "recyclers of the past! Lets hope it holds!

I always thought this would be a good location for the soccer stadium and create another entertainment hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by whorton View Post
    Hey Pete,

Thanks for the information. Not exactly something I really want within 2 miles of my home, but "progress" waits for no man! I will admit, at least Copart runs a cleaner (apparently) operation than most "recyclers of the past! Lets hope it holds!
    I don't think Copart is a recycler. At least not a dismantler. Copart is an auto auction and sales broker dealing primarily in damaged and "used up" vehicles.

^

I just browsed through their website and not only are almost all their auction vehicles damaged in some way, the huge majority have salvage titles.

Default Re: Hamilton Courts

A new Locke Supply warehouse is planned for this area:

Thread Information