Widgets Magazine

Thread: Krab Kingz Seafood

1. Northeast OKC Krab Kingz Seafood

The former Ricky's Cafe location at 107 NE 23rd Street just west of the State Capitol is being renovated into a location for the Krab Kingz Seafood chain. They apparently also have locations in Tulsa, Austin, Kansas City and Atlanta, but with multiple websites they may have separate ownership groups.

The new sign went up last week but I did not notice actual construction on the building at the time. If/when COOP Ale Works ever transforms the old Armory Building, this section of NE 23rd Street will look MUCH improved.

https://www.kkseafood.com/
    https://www.krabkingztulsa.com/

Default Re: Krab Kingz Seafood

3. Default Re: Krab Kingz Seafood

I don't know why, because it specifies clusters, but spelling crab with a k makes me think of imitation crab that's made with fish.

4. Default Re: Krab Kingz Seafood

Makes me think of SpongeBob SquarePants.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I don't know why, because it specifies clusters, but spelling crab with a k makes me think of imitation crab that's made with fish.
    Yep, I started searching to see if their stuff was made with real crab, not k-rab (we literally pronounce it that way - "is it real or k-rab?" ). And the menu above looks nothing like the Tulsa one's menu (haven't looked at the main "website" yet because it's Facebook and it's blocked at work and I didn't remember when I got off work).

yeah... crab with a "k" definitely sets off alarms in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yep, I started searching to see if their stuff was made with real crab, not k-rab (we literally pronounce it that way - "is it real or k-rab?" ). And the menu above looks nothing like the Tulsa one's menu (haven't looked at the main "website" yet because it's Facebook and it's blocked at work and I didn't remember when I got off work).
    After taking a look at what the Tulsa menu looked Ike you would think these are two unrelated stores.

All their locations are franchises with a lot of variation between them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Unless they make fake crab legs it seems legit

10. Default Re: Krab Kingz Seafood

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The former Ricky's Cafe location at 107 NE 23rd Street just west of the State Capitol is being renovated into a location for the Krab Kingz Seafood chain. They apparently also have locations in Tulsa, Austin, Kansas City and Atlanta, but with multiple websites they may have separate ownership groups.

The new sign went up last week but I did not notice actual construction on the building at the time. If/when COOP Ale Works ever transforms the old Armory Building, this section of NE 23rd Street will look MUCH improved.

https://www.kkseafood.com/
    https://www.krabkingztulsa.com/
    In the 8+ months since I posted this, absolutely nothing has been done to this building. This project may have died a quiet death.

Thread Information