Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    College softball is just a great spectator sport.

It plays much faster than baseball and there is plenty of action.

The popularity of baseball on all levels is declining in the U.S., while softball is rising.

Baseball would do well to take notice and speed up their games.
    Bring back the ROIDS!!!! Haha, just kidding

2. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Baseball is so boring especially when there is a no hitter and 9 long innings
    You just don't get baseball. It's not a high action sport. It's chess on grass. If they keep changing the rules to please the people that want action and scoring they will completely destroy the game.

3. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    College softball is just a great spectator sport.

It plays much faster than baseball and there is plenty of action.

The popularity of baseball on all levels is declining in the U.S., while softball is rising.

Baseball would do well to take notice and speed up their games.
    I couldn't agree with this more. Softball is so much better than baseball. I wish there were a professional league for ladies to go to after college. Can you imagine an National Softball League OKC superteam with Gi, Alo, and other OU greats. .. OMG.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

4. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Congratulations OU Sooners!! Back-to-Back!

Boomer!! Sooner!!

NCAA/ESPN needs a much better championship ceremony and all of the Championship games need to be on ABC.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    You just don't get baseball. It's not a high action sport. It's chess on grass. If they keep changing the rules to please the people that want action and scoring they will completely destroy the game.
    I’m not sure how much it’ll ruin the game from a popularity standpoint but for those that love baseball for the pitching battles, hitting strategies, statistics, etc. it’ll be a critical hit. My oversimplified view is that casuals of any sport love scoring since it’s the easiest thing to follow that indicates how a team is doing while also giving the basic impression that action is happening, so that alone I think will help make it attractive to people that don’t care about the fundamentals of baseball. I’m not saying that’s what I think should happen but I think if what the MLB cares about is popularity and numbers then evolving the game to be faster paced is probably going to be what makes the game more appealing.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Women's College World Series Championship

Oklahoma 10 vs Texas 5

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Congratulations OU Sooners!! Back-to-Back!

Boomer!! Sooner!!

NCAA/ESPN needs a much better championship ceremony and all of the Championship games need to be on ABC.

University of Oklahoma softball clinched the Women's College World Series 2022 title, defeating Texas 10-5 in Game 2 of the championship series. The Sooners' sixth championship title and the second time they've won it back to back--congratulations to Coach Patty
    Gasso and staff on an outstanding season with their contribution to the success of the WCWS in Oklahoma City.

The company I work for now makes those NCAA trophies, great picture!

Blog Entries

Tonight's attendance of 𝟏𝟐,𝟐𝟓𝟕 is a new Championship Finals game record, surpassing last night's crowd!

Do we have any available data on where the teams and their fans stay when in town? I saw some posts that many of them were staying in the cheapest of the cheap hotels on the outskirts of the city, which I can understand if you’re on a tight budget and you’re already spending a lot to take off work and travel for several days to watch your daughter play. If I recall correctly, the Embassy Suites near OU Medical Campus was the official hotel. I was wondering how many ultimately stay in Bricktown, the Omni, and get to see the areas around downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Do we have any available data on where the teams and their fans stay when in town? I saw some posts that many of them were staying in the cheapest of the cheap hotels on the outskirts of the city, which I can understand if you’re on a tight budget and you’re already spending a lot to take off work and travel for several days to watch your daughter play. If I recall correctly, the Embassy Suites near OU Medical Campus was the official hotel. I was wondering how many ultimately stay in Bricktown, the Omni, and get to see the areas around downtown.
    with 25,000 room nights you can bet that fans stayed all over the place ...

lots of the teams (including OU) stayed at the Omni

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    with 25,000 room nights you can bet that fans stayed all over the place ...

iots of the teams (including OU) stayed at the Omni
    You bet OU wanted this team to enjoy a hotel like the Omni. Keep everyone comfortable where they don't feel a lot of pressure since they were the favorite to take it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Hope someone has a breakdown of what teams stayed at the Omni, Embassy Suites (NW or Meridian), Wydham Grand, Courtyard by Marriott or if any team stayed at the Historic Hilton Skirvin. Recall whenever Alabama made the tournament they stayed at the Embassy Suites on Meridian Avenue.

Also if any attendance records were broken. Most sessions appeared to be 80% to near sellouts.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I couldn't agree with this more. Softball is so much better than baseball. I wish there were a professional league for ladies to go to after college. Can you imagine an National Softball League OKC superteam with Gi, Alo, and other OU greats. .. OMG.
    There are professional leagues. Jocelyn Alo just signed to play with the Vipers of the Professional Women's Fastpitch softball league. OU alum Lauren Chamberlain is the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Hope someone has a breakdown of what teams stayed at the Omni, Embassy Suites (NW or Meridian), Wydham Grand, Courtyard by Marriott or if any team stayed at the Historic Hilton Skirvin. Recall whenever Alabama made the tournament they stayed at the Embassy Suites on Meridian Avenue.

Also if any attendance records were broken. Most sessions appeared to be 80% to near sellouts.
    I know texas was staying at Sheraton.
    Wydham grand was also a team hotel but must have been one the 4 first eliminated teams as it wasn’t hosting (the have the logos on doors when they are) during the final 4 team games.
    Omni was a team hotel I know as well. As well as embassy medical center.

15. Default Re: 2022 NCAA Softball Bracket: WCWS schedule, bracket for Oklahoma City

Fans stayed all over the OKC metro. That’s the nature of a “citywide” event. Meaning attendees fill up hotels well beyond the official event properties. Literally all over the city.

Blog Entries

Dan, I wasn't able to read your MSN link.

Former OU Sooners star Jocelyn Alo signs with professional softball team: https://sports.yahoo.com/former-ou-s...230925385.html

Jocelyn Alo, the NCAA's all-time home run leader, has signed to play with the Smash It Vipers of the Professional Women's Fastpitch softball league.

WPF: https://www.wbsc.org/en/news/new-pro...fastpitch-wpf-

Thread Information